“Great property, great ownership, value and memories all in one !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Teetotum Hotel

Save Saved
You added Teetotum Hotel to your Saves list
Teetotum Hotel
Avenida Coba Sur Lote #2 | (Road to the Beach Before Chedraui Store), Tulum 77780, Mexico   |
Announcement
WE LOVE YOU!!
Ranked #9 of 75 Hotels in Tulum
“Great property, great ownership, value and memories all in one !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010 via mobile

My wife and I went here on our honeymoon and could not have picked a better place. Just a few minute bicycle ride or super cheap cap ride (40 pesos) from awesome beaches and awesome food. Off season and on season rates are not only reasonable they are a steal for what you get. The hotel has power day and night which is perfect when it comes to hot nights, the hotels and resorts do not have power after certain times at night. Complimentary breakfast is more than enough, fresh, and served with a smile. Cody was awesome, and the owners were there every day making sure things were exactly what they are advertised.

Don't mistake this for a resort, rather a Mexican Riviera B&B. Affordable and delicious food and drinks, modern yet simplistic rooms and bottled water fresh in your room each day to brush your teeth were all very nice amenities. Mattress is firmer than most but very comfortable.

Recommend going down the street to the super market/bank first day and buying a huge bundle of bottled water/snacks. You will not get a cheaper price and each room us equipped with a Fridge.

Bottom line: my wife and I are going back, it just doesn't get any better for a get away/honeymoon/vacation. Thanks Teetotum!

• Stayed June 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

It is a chic boutique hotel! A hidden beautiful paradise oasis! In one week I toured up the Riviera Maya and checked out all the hotels up the coast. I was so pleased to find out that I was staying at the most modern, clean, and beautiful hotel in all of the Yucatan Peninsula. The cost was so affordable, the food absolutely delicious. The most fresh fruits and veggies I have ever seen. Smoothies and soy latte's...yumm! The waitresses and bartenders, Chaya and Emma, were so sweet. They also helped guide me on what sights to see. I used the WiFi in the cafe' everyday. The owner of the hotel, Richard, was on hand at all times, making sure I was comfortable. Clean sheets & towels, and bottled water was provided daily. I cant get over how beautiful and cozy Teetotum is. It was such a relief to come home every day to this pleasant oasis. I am going back! AND I am telling all of my friends to do the same. Planning a trip here again soon with my girlfiends.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Mobile, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

I would recommend Teetotum hotel to ANYONE traveling to Tulum. The staff, pool, location & food was AWESOME. Ask Richard for the BAMA SALSA :) It's about a 15 minute bike ride to the beautiful beaches. Go to Om & eat their pizza. Another recommendation is to ask the taxi cab drivers a price BEFORE you get in the cab & talk them down. Teetotum is a great place to spend a vacation & we can't wait to come back!!!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

Fantastic little boutique hotel. Comfy bed, large room, lovely pool/bar area. The pool is tiny, but the hotel is so small that there's never going to be more than a couple people in the pool area at any given time. The staff working at the bar was fun - especially the adorable and fun blonde woman from either australia, NZ, or england! Service was great. I have no complaints. If you want to stay right on the beach, though, this is not your best bet, since you need a car to get to the beach from there. However, after staying in a very sandy and somewhat dusty beach-side cabana for a couple nights, we were very ready for the clean and fully-appointed room at Teetotum. It was quiet, beautifully decorated, and really easy. The sun-roof deck was awesome, too.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

Just returning from another lovely visit to Tulum and Teetotum Hotel. This is my fourth time stay at Teetotum now and its certainly madeits way into my life. I depend on it whenever I'm in Tulum. Though I am on th beach by day, Tulum would not be the same without the comforts of Teetotum to come back to. I love the fact that Tulum is still a bit off the map (although every time I go something new has opened up), but I'm not truly a rough-in it girl. I love nature -hiking mountains, kayaking down rivers, swimming with fishes, and all that- but I like to end my day with a nice comfy bed in a real room. I appreciate the life of one who does not need electric or a real door, but it's just not me. The combination of Tulum and Teetotum allows me the best of both worlds. I get to enjoy the infinite beauty of all of Tulums natural habitats (the beach, the cenotes, the jungles, oh my) and come home to a king sized bed, in a clean air conditioned room, where I can watch movies on my computer or listen to my ipod and relax.
Teetotum is the perfect hotel for city folk who want to enjoy all the magic of Tulum, but keep the comforts of the modern day world.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

Teetotum lived up to its reputation. It was a great place to say. Good customer service. Good food. I wouldn't say every meal was fantastic as some suggested, but overall, they were good with a few being great. Definitely better than the majority of the meals we had while we stayed in Tulum for 7 nights. Only real negative was the beds. The bed was hard. And by hard, I mean hard, like a comforter on the floor. The ipod dock in our room didn't work, and it didn't work in another room either (we asked the couple). The bikes were nice although we only enjoyed them once because the bike ride (going at a good pace) is 10 minutes long to the road that takes you to the beach. From there, if you go left to the closest beach, it's another 10 minutes. This may sound easy, but it's actually arduous with the heat. Also, if you actually want to go the nicer beaches which are down the road to the right, it would take you at least 30 minutes to get to the first ones. Tulum was great! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Do take note that you'll be taking taxis everywhere because most of the places on the beach are not in riding distance so you'll spend an average of sixty pesos one way, which does add up! Oh, and we rented a car twice at America Rental. We did not have any issue with them, getting gas, or driving around.

kortrijk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

this supernice decorated hotel is not situated at the beach, for us that was no problem as we had a car but by foot it would be quiet far, there are bikes at the hotel however
we spent 2 night in this great hotel, ran by richard, a real nice guy!
the breakfast is superyummy and the restauarant offers a lot of great food !!
the roofterrace is great to relax, richard organizes a movie night on sunday, in the open air, it was amazing, till the tropical rain set in ...
the rooms are spacious, in soft coulours, orange and blue, with a excellent bed you would sleep all day in !
it is really a chill-out spot where a lot of people hang out in the lounge bar, to chat, to grab a bite, to have a smoothie, ... really great atmosphere !

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Teetotum Hotel? Share your experiences!