“Great service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Residencia La Mariposa

Save Saved
You added Hotel Residencia La Mariposa to your Saves list
Hotel Residencia La Mariposa
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Mercurio Poniente, 21 | MZA. 6, LOTE 21, Tulum 77780, Mexico   |
Ranked #42 of 74 hotels in Tulum
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011 via mobile

Stayed there for 2 nights. Great service. Impress us for the good side

• Stayed December 2011

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Albany, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

We are currently staying at La Mariposa and are very happy with it. Hurricane Rina was bearing down on us but as we are away from the beach in a solid concrete hotel surrounded closely by other buildings we decided to wait it out. The staff were very concerned with our safety and did all the things needed to ensure it. They bought in extra water, issued us with candles and guarenteed we would be told immediately if we were to evacuate. Our little hotel soon filled up with evacuated guests from the beach! Good business for La Mariposa. We are simple travellers who appreciate village life and we are very content here. Being low season we only paid US$40 per night. As stated by previous guests, clean comfortable room with free wifi, nice setting and close to the main town area. Would stay here again. Excellent value.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

Clean rooms, light breakfast included, has a kitchenette and fridge. stayed for 1 night before moving to hotel on beach, but it is def good value i recommend it!

• Stayed May 2011
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

clean small hotel situated in quiet neighbourhood, just off mainstreet. very kind people. spacious rooms with good beds. simple breakfast. good price and quality. we stayed here for 4 nights and certainly would go back again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

I reall enjoyed my stay with Jean Carlos. He was extremely helpful.

The hotel is really laidback and there is a lovely terrace for guests to relax on.

The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

This hotel offers nice large rooms that are very clean for a very reasonable price. The location is two blocks off the main road and a easy walk to all the great restaurants in Tulum Pueblo. Taxis are cheap and plentiful. A ride to the beach is 50 pesos. The only downside to this Hotel is the owners. When we arrived they attempted to charge us more for the room than agreed upon. I brought with me all my emails and receipts from PayPal to prove the rate. The continental breakfast is a waste of time, have breakfast at Don Cafeto's. I also arranged transportation from the airport to the Hotel with the owner's of the hotel. After being delayed and missing a connecting flight, my plane arrived late. I contacted the owner's that I would be arriving late. The driver did not wait and returned to Tulum, after two days I was approached by the Gentleman that owns the Hotel and asked me I could pay the driver. I informed him that I felt like I should not have to pay for a service that I did not receive. I did agree to pay him half of the agreed fee, after that exchange, I felt like I was dealing with two scammers. The housekeeper and the young man working the front desk were a pleasure to deal with and attended to every detail, its unfortunate they work for unscrupulous owners. The Hotel is rather noisey being located in a neighborhood (barking dogs and roosters crowing) but not that big of deal if you keep the windows closed. The neighborhood is typical 3rd world Mexico but we felt safe walking day and night. There is a small liquor store and store very close. We love Tulum but will probably seek out another Hotel because of the owner's.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
PR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

I had a great stay in La Mariposa, wish it could have been longer. The Italian owners were very charming and helpful throughout our stay. I had been to Tulum before and knew not to stay in Ave Tulum. I had read a few reviews on La Mariposa and decided to stay.
The rooms were very clean the owners and ladies who worked there were wonderful. Breakfast was included which is great. The hotel is walking distance to downtown and a short ride to the beach.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It was probably one of the nicest in my 2 week mexican roadtrip.

• Stayed November 2009

Been to Hotel Residencia La Mariposa? Share your experiences!