“Awesome Diving with Maya Diving Tulum Mexico” 5 of 5 stars

Km 234 Carr. Pto-Juarez-Chetumal | Tankah, Tulum 77780, Mexico
984-871-3333
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Maya Diving, a PADI Five Star Gold Palm Dive Center, has two locations to serve you, Downtown Tulum on the main street and inside Dreams Tulum Resort. Try our superb diving and snorkeling trips to local reefs and Cenotes with our experienced guides. We offer all levels of dive courses and are the only shop in the area using a pool for all confined water training dives. Experience the difference our professional team can make.
Fresno, California
“Awesome Diving with Maya Diving Tulum Mexico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

My wife and I enjoyed the personal attention and the diving experience with Maya Diving October 4th and 6th, 2010. Having gone diving with other operators in the Playa Del Carmen area and on Cozumel, we found the dive staff/guides Deon & Halle and support staff Enrique and Eduardo to be most friendly and accomplished, and more importantly that they followed proper diving safety procedures. My wife and I have enjoyed diving in the area and over the years and have encountered many great under sea world creatures of the Caribbean. This year during our diving at Dreams Tulum with Maya Diving, we dove at Tankah where we encountered the “mirror” fish (silversides). Millions of small 2 inch silvery fish swam liquidly around and through the coral swim-throughs, always with predators like Ceros cruising at their perimeter. At times, we swam with silver clouds of these little fish completely surrounding us, inches from our bodies yet we could never touch a single one of them. As we swam under coral ledges, the streams of mirror fish would either pour by us as if they were a stream of underwater mercury or would engulf us to the point where you could not see a foot. Awesome experience! Would we go back….in a heartbeat!!!! We found the water temperature in October for diving to be very comfortable and no wetsuit is necessary. Maya Diving is located on the beach front at the Dreams Tulum all inclusive resort. Dreams Tulum is an A+ resort in our book. We have traveled to many other all inclusives around the Caribbean including numerous Sandals, Club Med, Palladium and Iberostar. Dreams Tulum is not to big nor too small. The beachfront is white fine sand that streaches a half mile either direction before you enounter another resort. The water in front of the resort is shallow and sandy and there is a very good quality barrier reef that lies several hundred yards from the beach for those that are adept at snorkeling. There are no jet skis, no parasailing, and no boating activities in general due to the barrier reef and shallowness. Maya Diving uses a panga for diving. PERFECT!

Norman, Oklahoma
“Excellent Dive Center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

My wife and I completed our Advenced Certification with the Maya Diving gang. Very professional. Highly recommended!

Santa Barbara, California
“My Fantastic Honeymoon Diving With Maya Dive !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

My husband and I dove 9 times over a 10 day honeymoon in Talum , Mexico.

Maya dive was the highlight of our trip and we can't wait to go back and dive with them. We felt safe and supported on our many dives, especially diving in the cenote (cave dives ) .

The staff was very helpful in explaining the dives to us and showing us things that I can't even put into words.. Stalagmites ... stalactites galore and the sea dives were amazing on the reef. The staff made sure point out things underwater that my husband and I would have rather missed. I love Maya Dive and the staff! We will go back for our wedding anniversary to dive with them next year.

Megan

WI
“Superior service from beginning to end”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

This shop responded immediately to my query. This was just the beginning of excellent customer service.l I was very nervous about diving, and Wil reassured me that his staff was top notch - and they were. My dive instructor, Danny, spent an incredible amount of time with me, helping me to be comfortable both in and out of the water. His skilled instruction helped me to be successful. I have had other instructors - none as skilled, nor as caring as Danny. He quickly assessed by best learning method and carefully monitored me, gently advancing my skills until I was doing something I never dreamed I could - going in and out of caves. I can't say enough about this shop!

Seattle
“The place to get your teenagers certified!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

The Maya Diving crew worked as a team to manage the open water certification of one adult friend and our two teenagers plus the Discover Scuba Diving experience for three of their friends. Jamie did the open water certifications and had just the right balance between making it fun and yet holding the teenagers responsible and accountable for learning all of the needed skills. He worked with us to provide needed flexibility so kids had time to dive together and have a needed day off. All 5 of the kids were proud and had an increased confidence level. And most important, all are eager and ready to dive again!