“A rustic, but amazing Jungle adventure!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 63 Tours & Activities in Tulum
More attraction details
Owner description: Hidden Worlds Cenotes Park offers unique jungle adventures including , cenote snorkeling, ziplines, rappelling, Diving, the skycycle and the Avatar. This park has been featured in more films then any other park in the greater Cancun area including; critically acclaimed 2001 IMAX movie, Journey Into Amazing Caves and the 2007 BBC Planet Earth series, Natgeo in 2007 and HDTV "GET OUT" series in 2011.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Carstairs, Canada
33 attraction reviews
“A rustic, but amazing Jungle adventure!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Exploring the jungle and checking out unique adventures is one of the reasons we love to travel. We thoroughly enjoyed this tour, and it was one of the highlights of our 2 week trip. This attraction featured cenotes, the sky cycle, Avatar zip coaster, snorkeling and zip lining. It's all located back in the jungle, and you ride an old bumpy clap trap of a jeep to get to the activity sites - but that's all part of the fun and adventure. If you have back or joint problems, you may not enjoy their "Mexican massage", as the guides put it.
Tips:
- look online for tour deals, we got an awesome deal for about $65 pp that allowed us to do pretty much everything, including transportation from our resort and a very tasty lunch. It was basic fare, with only a choice of chicken tacos or chicken quesadillas, but was some of the tastiest food I've ever had on such tours.
- as other people have stated, wear long swimming shorts to be more comfortable in the harness, especially if you opt to ride the Avatar coaster. I would have done it again, if not for the soreness of being scraped and jostled by the harness as you flew down the rail!
- apply your waterproof sunscreen a couple hours prior to entering the water.
- USE MOSQUITO SPRAY. The buggers are fairly blood thirsty, especially as you're waiting above ground for your turn at activities.
- bring along a water proof camera. While underwater shots didn't always turn out, I got some pretty cool shots inside the cave. A photographer goes along with each group to take snapshots of you enjoying each activity. You can buy individual photos or a disc of your adventure at the end of the tour.
- DO THE SKY CYCLE! If you are in reasonable health/ fitness, this is a neat way to get an amazing view of the jungle, and some of the cenotes in the park. This was probably my favorite activity.
- wear tight fitting water shoes or sandals for zip lining into the cenotes. I have to give kudos to the tour guides! I lost one of my water shoes on the very first zip line into the cenote, but they found it and returned it to me about an hour later. I wore my close toed Keen sandals, and they worked well for the rest of the day, even during the swimming parts.

The only negatives:
-I had booked the full adventure package, but I believe we missed out on doing the zip lines, as the guides were trying to keep our group together and back to the van all at the same time.
- bugs, bats and spiders... if any of these things terrify you, be forewarned. You may get eaten alive (like I did) if you don't wear bug spray. The bats and spiders are present in the caves and cenotes. (No, they don't nest in your hair, but they are flying around, so don't be surprised!)

Orange, California
7 attraction reviews
“Happy that I went through with it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

While staying in PDC and visited la Quinta avenida there are a lot of folks that want to offer you tours or attractions. Something caught my attention and it was hidden worlds. I did not buy anything from anyone but instead drove directly to the place since I rented a car. The place is near Tulum.
My wife and I decided to do this not knowing fully what it entails. Let me tell you it was the best experience I had in my life. A couple zip lines and swimming in the cenote. Was fascinating and the two guides were wonderful. Chito and Louis made it worthwhile and exciting. Good people and explained everything.

New Zealand
6 attraction reviews
“How much fun can you have in a cenote??!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

For 3 hrs we rappelled into a cenote, roller coastered into it for a splashdown, zip lined in for another splashdown, swam through the cenote cave and zip lined through the trees. We got to do the cool cenote activities TWICE! We are a couple in our early 50s and we were holidaying with our married kids (all in their mid to late 20s). Everyone loved the entire experience.

Tips: wear swimming costume with shorts – it helps when getting harnessed and when hanging on the roller coaster.

Drench yourself in insect repellent. There is some biodegradable spray at the ticket desk.

You can take belongings on the ‘truck/tractor ride’ into the cenote and then store them in lockers provided. The actual cenote is not far from the lockers so it would be possible to return if you needed something desperately during the activities, or if you need a bano visit.

Small groups are taken around with 2 guides each. Others had booked their visit but we just turned up and managed to form a group of 8 with another couple, so guides were provided for us.

Our ‘truck’ for the inward trip was called ‘The Lion’ and it was atrocious. No suspension made this 25mins really uncomfortable. We used a different truck for the trip back (maybe The Owl) and it was much improved.

US$60 seemed very reasonable for such a professionally run and fun filled experience

11 attraction reviews
“SPRING BREAK 2013 MARCH”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

we went to hidden world on a thurs. it took about 40 min from our hotel. nice and comfortable coach to travel in though.

check in process was fairly easy. somehow we didnt receive the armbands saying we had paid for lunch but they took care of that when we went to eat.

the zipline etc is about 20 min or so from where you check in. the tram to get you there was an experience. looked homemade and not reliable but it did get us where we needed to go. The place was in the road construction process and there fore the roads were very rought you def needed to hang on and we both bounced off the seats several times but laughed it off. Plus we had to stop and wait at least 3 times for a big catepillar to get out of the way so we could pass.
it would be interesting to go back in a few years and see what it looks like when they get the roads done.

Martin was our guide and he told me he was 46 but he sure was in wonderful shape. great guy funny and kept us from harm. You can tell he works very very hard and loves his job and needs a raise.

the activites themselves were very fun snorkeling in the cave watch for bats zipline was kinda tame. enjoyed the airbike line

rappelling was tame but fun for the younger set.

we went early in the day and was told it would take 2 to 3 hrs but we didnt get home til after 3
if I was going in the evening I would def do bug spray but we didnt get any bites while we were there........
def wear water shoes! you will get wet!!

food was ok for park fair but only two selections bring your own water

Visited March 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“The online booking is pretty messed up, but it all ended well.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I had booked online to receive 10% discount, and also thought that this would secure our reservation. As you fill out the online form, you are asked to pick a date of your visit, but not the time. You'd receive a confirmation email to bring on the day of your visit. I read through the entire website & found that the tours leaved every half hour on the hour, and we needed to be there 20 min. prior to our desire time. O.K. no problem. But upon arrival we were told that after making the online payment, we still needed to "call them" to reserve the time we wanted. Nowhere on the website mentioned that, and they did admit that, too. They told us that all the tours were booked & we needed to come back in 2 days. Now, when you're on vacation, you plan things for your limited days of stay & this driving back & forth will be a total waste of time. We also had other things planned for the remaining days. So we said no way. After 20+ min. of back & forth, they finally offered us to join another tour, which was about to leave.
The guide, Julio, was very sweet & polite, and his side-kick, Edwin, was also nice & funny. They totally made up for the bad start we had at the check-in.
Just a heads-up for a family with younger children. Some of the activities, Avatar (the zip coaster) & splash down zipline are not available for kids under 70 lb. (Since the water you end up sliding on acts as the break for those two, you need to weigh at least that much, or you won't stop...yikes.) Our 7 year-old was disappointed about that. The website mentioned Avatar being only for 12 years old & up, but nothing on splash zipline, so he had thought he would at least get to do the splash one.

Also the canopy zipline is only one line. We've been to many ziplining in other countries, and were so used to have over 10 zips at a time, so it was a bit disappointing.
But the Aero cycle is relaxing & fun, being able to see the jungle at your pace. Swimming in the cenote was scarey at first, but after getting over your fear, it's quite peaceful & almost rejuvenating. I would love to do that again. The water is cold, so wear a rashguard. And water shoes, too.
We wish we had some photos from the tour. We had to leave our cameras & the phones in the locker. A professional photographer was not offered at our tour.

Visited March 2013