“THIS ESTABLISHMENT IS THE WORST!!! THEY ARE CROOKS!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Coqui Coqui Tulum
Carretera Tulum Boca Paila Km 7.5, Tulum, Mexico   |
Ranked #61 of 77 Hotels in Tulum
Tokyo
“THIS ESTABLISHMENT IS THE WORST!!! THEY ARE CROOKS!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I am writing this because I want to send out a warning to all people considering staying in this place. I did not even stay there and I have had the worst experience ever dealing with a hotel. Coqui Coqui's Cancellation Policy states that if you cancel before a certain time frame then the 50% deposit charged will be refunded MINUS whatever credit card charges they are charged mind you. First of all that is already shady. What is worse is that I made my cancellation in good faith and with enough time and TWO MONTHS HAVE GONE BY & STILL I HAVEN'T RECEIVED MY REFUND!!! I have emailed several times and if I'm lucky I get a response. They have said that my refund has already been made but after 2 months, still nothing. They are crooks. I have never had such an awful experience in my life making a cancellation so I warn you all not to even consider staying at this place! Be careful before you confirm staying there!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

My husband and me went un February we Love Tulum, we arrive to this hotel and the first day they gave us e only room with vew, but the next day we went to town and the manager took our suitcase, cloths and bags and just without our authorization move all things to an ow full room, no vew, hot and all noysi. The reason, thy gave our room to other people...... That is absolutely unacceptable.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

From the fabulous service, to the gorgeous rooms, to the ocean front location and the delicious breakfast served beach side...Coqui Coqui Tulum lived up to all it's hype. We stayed in a Partial Sea View room for just 1 night, and I WISH we could have stayed longer. The pace of life in Tulum is different to the rest of the Rivera Maya and I loved it. Yes, electricity in the town can sometimes fail, the internet can dip in and out of service and fresh water is served only by front desk at hotels, but these points should never be seen as negatives at all. It's what makes the Coqui Coqui so special. It slows you right down into vacation mode and speeding back up again when you leave to reality is damn hard to do.
I loved it. Don't let anyone tell you different. Leave your blowdryers, macbooks and tablets at home and go visit Coqui Coqui Tulum. You won't regret it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Although my sister and I stayed at Coqui Coqui, I would suggest that it is more suited to couples. That said, we thoroughly enjoyed our 5 day stay. They staff were incredibly helpful and went out of their way every day to provide local information, restaurants and assistance when we needed it. (We had car problems which they cleared for us). They also arranged for us to stay overnight at their Valadolid location. It was a stunning property. We ate all breakfasts and occasional lunches and we found the food excellent. The rooms were very stylish for a beach location and could have been a little more functional but the Jungle Room in particular was wonderful. I would highly recommend this property and plan to return.

Room Tip: The Jungle Room was my favourite. I also stayed in the Beach Front which had a clear ocean view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Ridgefield, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We did not stay here but 'tried' to have breakfast. There was not a table big enough to seat us (6) but 2 other guests kindly moved tables so we could push two together. Which we had to do ourselves, my kids sat down whilst my husband and i hung around like lemons without chairs for at least 15 minutes. No attempt was made to seat us, or even to speak to us! We were totally ignored and that takes some talent in a room that could not have been more than 10x10 and held 3 staff!

In the end we walked further up the beach to La Zebra and ate there - with marvelous smiling service and excellent food.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

This review is only for lunch at the cafeteria. First, the "cafeteria" is cozy and very elegantly designed. Inside fit only about four or five tables. Beautiful interior design and fit well with the beach atmosphere. Service was EXCELLENT! Bruno went out of his way to be helpful. The food was also excellent, and for a boutique-style place, very reasonably priced. They also had this chlorophyll water in a lovely bottle for only $5. Overall, this was a great, relaxing place for lunch.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

This Hotel is by far the most beautiful boutique hotel in Tulum.
Unique design, incredible details, relaxed atmosphere.
The service is good only because Marcos , the rest is a tragedy.......
Zero water pressure, not hot water, very low light.
But the location is the best....... a paradise

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Coqui Coqui Tulum? Share your experiences!