“The hotel does not meet the name 'Dreams'” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa

You added Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Chetumal-Puerto Juarez Km. 236.7 No. 1, Tulum 77761, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings up 40%
Ranked #32 of 79 Hotels in Tulum
GreenLeadersGold level
Copenhagen, Denmark
“The hotel does not meet the name 'Dreams'”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband and I stayed at Dreams Hotel, Tulum from the 6th to the16th of March 2015 in room 1003.
After returning home, I found out that a pair of Chanel shoes at a cost at app. 500 US Dollars were missing. I was certain that nothing was left in the room when we packed our luggage, and we phoned the hotel immediately asking if they had ‘found’ the shoes. We were asked to call back later, which we did three times during a period of 5 days. Eventually, we were asked to send a mail to the front desk and they would look into the matter.
During our stay the balcony door was unlocked for six days so that everyone could enter our room from the balcony next to ours, as the balconies are connected. First after contacting the front desk three times they provided the key so that we could lock the door. In the light of this, it is obvious that someone must have been in our room, or one of the staff must have stolen the shoes. I am sorry to make this crude statement, but as I am sure that I checked every drawer and cabinet before leaving that nothing was left behind, there is no doubt that the shoes disappeared during our stay. After resending our claim three times, the hotel still haven’t answered, and I can only advise against staying in a hotel so indifferent to keeping a good reputation. Other guests have also reported stolen things on Tripadvisor, so maybe this is a perennial problem.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the building that houses the cafe - it is too noisy '24/7'
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Hebrew first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We had planned to stay 7 nights, but checked out after 3!! I cannot stay at a resort that the air conditioning does not work and you are sweating day and night in your room! It was not just our two rooms, other guests said they were to hot in their rooms also and we had already moved once. The beach is full of seaweed and rocks. The safes in the rooms were not working when we checked in, had to get them fixed. The work out room has like two working cardio machines. Food was good for all inclusive. They had a kids buffet and it was gross though, saw a kid eating jello straight out of it with his hands. I have stayed at other Dreams and this felt way less luxury overall than the others.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I booked this 7 day vacation to Dreams through Apple Vacation's Square Deal. We booked it just a month prior to our vacation. The trip cost $899.00 per person for the entire trip including non-stop shuttle service which is very nice to get to avoid individual stops at every resort along the way. Dreams Tulum is a bit over a one hour drive from Cancun airport depending on traffic.

When we arrived at Pittsburgh airport at 4am we were then told by the Apple rep which hotel we would be staying at. (Square Apple deal)

The 3 1/2 hour flight was great...this was our first time using Xtra airlines ( the new charter service).

The check in process at Dreams was a breeze. While at Pittsburgh airport, I sent a Facebook message to the concierge requesting a king sized bed and letting them know we were celebrating our anniversary.  The front desk attendant was aware of the message and accommodated our requests.

We were given room 8103 (the buiding closest to the main lobby). We were given a free upgrade to the Preferred Club. They did try to sell us an ocean view upgrade for $120.00 per night. We declined. We appreciated the upgrade we received.

The room was great. We set our air conditioning at 19° and the room stayed cool. There is a ceiling fan also that helps keep the room comfortable. We always had clean towels, a well stocked mini fridge, and a cleaned room. No complaints about our room or maid service.

The resort is landscaped beautifully!! All the walkways, pool areas, restaurants, and grounds were clean and tidy.

The staff went over and beyond to make our stay the best it could be. For example, at the Italian restaurant, I asked for shrimp Alfredo (not on the menu) and the chef made it with no hesitation.

There are pool activities offered throughout every day. And there's evening entertainment and shows.

The beach is wide and there are a lot of chairs available. However, the seaweed was quite bad while we were there. The hotel staff worked hard every day trying to collect and remove the seaweed. There are a lot of rocks near the shore line and makes swimming difficult directly in front of the resort. But if you move down by the water trampoline, the water is much nicer.

Overall, this resort was fantastic. My only small complaint would be that the breakfast buffet food never seemed warm. So I improvised by getting a fresh made omelette and enjoying the fresh fruit.

There are other great things I could share but I want you to find out about these when you explore the resort on your own.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We just hosted our wedding at Dreams, bringing down 142 friends and family. A couple minor check-in/room issues as to be expected, but overall we couldn't be happier.
The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. I've been to all-inclusives before and felt like I couldn't get service unless I was tipping every person there. Not at all the case at Dreams. Everyone on the staff is super friendly and accomodating.
Our wedding planner, Nayeli, was amazing!!! 142 person destination wedding is a lot to handle, and Nayeli delivered! Everything was perfect.

Also, the wedding photographer, Teo, was incredible. He made everyone feel comfortable, was great with kids, and most importantly, took amazing pictures!!!

It was absolutely an experience of a lifetime, and we have gotten feedback from our guests that it was the most beautiful wedding they've ever attended.

Highly recommended!!!

Room Tip: Building 15f - it is most centrally located to the beach, pool and restaurant area
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed at Dreams Tulum for 9 nights during our honeymoon. The hotel grounds are stunning and really well kept. The rooms are also really spacious and beautifully presented. We tried all of the restaurants and the food was of a high standard, there was often fresh food cooked by the beach which was really tasty and good when wanting to try new things! The beach and pool areas are beautiful and again kept very tidy and clean. The majority of staff were friendly although there were a quite a few occasions when the bar staff were quite abrupt – we put this down to them being extremely busy though. The entertainment staff are friendly but we did feel pressured into joining in with the dancing next to the pool or Zumba on a daily basis, as a honeymoon couple we wanted to get away from this type of holiday which was pretty much impossible as they would come up to you at the beach, relaxing pool and the restaurants on an evening. For us this resort was sold as a honeymoon resort, I personally disagree with this and would say that it is more for families.
As this was our first all-inclusive holiday we were unsure on what to expect. I was surprised at how much the resort try and get you to purchase their wine, one restaurant asked if we wanted to eat at a romantic table one night and then said that they would charge a bottle of wine to our room. When I asked how much this wine was he informed me it was about $100!! A lot of the restaurants tried different tactics for you to make purchase the wine which I found frustrating towards the end of the holiday. You also had photographers continually coming up to you asking for your photo which is then $20 each and the Spa trying to sell you treatments which are ridiculously overpriced!
Overall the resort is lovely and presented really well, we personally wouldn’t go back to this resort again as we would be more inclined to try adult only resorts but we would definitely try other Dreams hotels.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Port Moody, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Beautiful, clean, amazing service. Kid's club was so great that my 6 year old wanted to go every day and all day! No wristbands, towel cards, reservations for the restaurants required at all. Premium choices for drinks, great cafe for those early morning risers. Evening entertainment could be improved, but we enjoyed the country night with bbq outside and bull riding contest. Food was great, tons of options and it really didn't feel like an all-inclusive resort at all.
Kids club is great, there is a need for a slide where the pole is, because my boy was a bit nervous going down it, and there was no other option for him to get down other than the workers climbing up to help him down. Other than that, we had no worries whatsoever! Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Livingston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

So I was ill for a few days, but my 4 family members weren't, I guess I either ate something that didn't agree with me or I just didn't cope with the change in diet. Luckily the doctor was great and had me on the mend right away.

I got a few bites too, but what can you do about that?!?. Food was great and the staff were lovely. The rooms were clean and well sized. All in all its a decent hotel.

Stayed July 2014

Been to Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!