“Beautiful and relaxing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa

You added Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Chetumal Puerto Juarez km 236.7, No.1, Tulum 77761, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #33 of 77 Hotels in Tulum
“Beautiful and relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We spend 2 weeks in this stunning resort and enjoyed it very much. The best dining restaurants are the Italian and French . The sushi restaurant needs certainly help with service and attitude. The beach was a bit done with sea weed but the people here tried hard to clean it up. We went by taxi a few miles to playa paradiso and the beach was great. We would recommend the whole resort and will be coming back .

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Hebrew first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The service at Dreams Tulum is outstanding, and the staff work very hard to be sure you have a great vacation. Other strengths include a spacious beach with nice swimming area, the compact and walkable grounds, and the way it doesn't feel crowded (even though we visited at peak season). Weaknesses include: The food was good but not great, and a little on-site entertainment during the evening would have enlivened our stay. We would definitely return to this very good resort.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I loved Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa from the first day to the last day!! From the moment we arrived there I just felt so at ease and so happy. The people were so so nice, I have never met nicer people in my life. The service was so helpful, there is always someone to help you 24/7. We were always entertained by the entertainment staff who we loved especially David and Mario! There was always exciting events happening every night that always captured the 7 year old to the 50 year old on the trip. I am really hoping I can go back to this resort again and I highly, highly recommended it for everyone! Thank you Dreams Tulum Resort for making this one of the best vacations I have ever had!

Room Tip: Ocean View was beautiful!
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

First of all I have to say that there were a lot of positives about my stay in the resort. Stayed here from 11-18th December.

Plus points

- Location was amazing, beach was gorgeous and have miles of beach to walk in the surrounding area which was incredibly beautiful
- Hotel was super clean throughout
- Staff for the most part were very helpful and polite
- 24 hour room service was amazing and a nice luxury
- The room itself was great, super clean, very impressive Jacuzzi bath, big shower and super comfortable bed

The negatives -

- Multiple members of our party had food poisoning, we eat in different restaurants and got the same illness in the following days so it was a big problem throughout the resort and not limited to just one area. We only eat in the hotel so it could not have been caused any other way.
- Had Dinner in the Italian restaurant one night (which is supposed to be one of the fine dinning experiences) and had a very rude waiter. We went in a large group of 9 people, the starters were all wrong, given to the wrong people and actually brought out the wrong food altogether. The service time was very long and when the second course came out in the same disorganised manner I complained to the waiter and highlighted the issues I had. He dismissed my complaint, carried on serving like I wasn’t speaking and then proceeded to make rude remarks to me for the rest of the evening. Now if I wasn’t with my family I would have kicked up a fuss with the manager but for the sake of the evening I didn’t say anything further.
- The food itself. One of the things that my partner and I enjoy doing is trying new foods and eating out. With this in mind I was really looking forward to the food in a 5 star resort. I was deeply disappointed. Do not expect to have fine dinning or anything that will blow you away. The food is okay and sometimes very nice but never up to the standard that I would have expected from a 5 star experience. The French and Italian food is the best we had but I was amazed that the Mexican food was very average.
- Another member of our party had asked for Gluten free food for her 5 year old son. She had emailed the hotel in advance to aske if this is something they could provide and were assured that this would be no problem. The food that was cooked and prepared for him could only be described as inedible. You couldn’t and wouldn’t eat it even if you were starving and this was provided to a young child very excited about going on a sunny holiday away. Again hugely disappointing for a hotel that advertises itself as a luxury holiday for all.

Overall I had a really nice time in the resort and there were lots of good things to say about it however if you advertise yourself as a 5 star luxury holiday and then make lots of mistakes then it will leave you disappointed. However the location is truly breath taking, most of the staff in the hotel are very friendly and the room was amazing. I don’t regret going as it was a lovely experience but I would not go back.

Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I am a travel agent and headed to Dreams Tulum with a group this Saturday to celebrate New Year's Eve. I am shocked at the bad review I just read and had to jump in….I have been to this property twice and I have loved every minute of it. The staff and service is what makes the property and everybody I have sent to Dreams Tulum comes back raving about the great time they had and can't stop talking about the great food, great entertainment staff, premium liquors, etc… I have sent at least five groups in the last few years and have had nothing but compliments. The hotel keeps getting better and better and now with the new swim out rooms and adults only section, it makes every part of the hotel a desirable place to stay. We have blocked a whole building in the swim out section and I hear that Dreams Tulum will provide happy hour every day when you get back from the beach so you can get in the pool by your room and relax before getting ready for dinner. When I get back from this trip I am planning to write an update of my thoughts…but I guarantee there will be no food poisoning to report. Now just praying for good weather and no rain.

Room Tip: My favorite thing about Dreams Resorts is that you do not have to make restaurant reservations and c...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed at Dreams Telum Dec 15-21. The entertainment team was fantastic! They catered to us out entire stay and we had a great time. The beach gets sea weedy every day and they take the time to bury it and clean the beach. The staff is environmentally conscientious and clean beyond the confines of the resort beach. Rooms were very nice and had maid service twice daily. We were there on an off week, so there was plenty of room on the beach and in the restaurants.

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Came for a wedding. Paid double what I would have paid for a typical southern vacation.

Overall decent resort, but not worth double the price. I would not recomend.

Pros:
24hr room service with decent quality food.
Separate soaker bathtub: bathrooms were nice (marble, glass shower door) even with shoddy workmanship (typical of carribean resorts).
Overall rooms were very nice and spacious with a mini couch.
They had wifi all over the resort.
Food was decent in taste.
There were 7 restaraunts to choose from (including 1x buffet) and reservations were not necessary. Wait times were reasonable.

Problems:
Several guests got sick from the food.
Wall electrical outlet was falling out.
Wifi did not work properly for the first 48-72hrs and temporary passwords were required every 24 hours per device.
Hot water was not working for the first 48-72 hours and was a major annoyance. Svc was called to correct the water issue, but the luke warm water was supposedly as hot as ut gets.
Had to pay $30-50 USD per hr for minor rentals such as stand up paddle boarding. I have seen most resorts include windsurfing (not avail), etc. included.
Beach was very rocky and the swimming area was uite small.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
E-ConciergeDRETU, E-Concierge Seve at Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear ngc224m31

Firt of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your opinion regarding your recent visit at our resort with us and with the TripAdvisor community

We are glad to know that you enjoyed our 24/7 room service inclusion, and the comfort of our facilities.

On the other hand we regret to heart that there were issues with the WiFi during your stay.

Regarding your allegation of food poisoning, we would like to comment that Dreams Tulum, counts with a very strict hygiene and quality control department, which follows the international standards and procedures required by the Distintivo H regulations.
The main duties of this department can be resumed in three points:

Inspection of raw materials, in order to ensure that no poor quality products are used. This includes auditing our suppliers, in their production and distribution systems
Carrying out checks on our processes to ensure that the equipment, ingredients, buildings and temperatures are correct. This procedure considers that the people involved in this process have the required knowledge of food-hygiene control and standards.

Inspection of our final food product to ensure that no poor quality loaves are sent to the consumer.

However, this Quality Control approach is focused on the process, whereas the problems that customers may face can also occur elsewhere, this includes: weather sensibility, hand washing, outdoor contamination, etc.

Again, we apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay, we understand that there is always room for improvement and our guest’s experiences play a key role in this continuous process.

Seve Oy
E-Concierge & Social Media Coordinator
info.dretu@dreamsresorts.com

Been to Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!