“An Overall Good Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Chetumal Puerto Juarez km 236.7, Tulum 77780, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #30 of 75 Hotels in Tulum
Long Island (NY)
“An Overall Good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

I was here with my fiance as part of a 'research' trip to find a destination wedding (yay!) venue. Although we went with another property, this one was pretty good.

The rooms were great and the service was very good. The spa was AMAZING!!!! We splurged and did a treatment in the jungle cabin which i highly, highly recommend. It was a 50 minute couples massage, followed by a 20 minute footrub with champagne and strawberries. Then they filled up this massive jacuzzi for us to unwind in for a half hour. There was also a private outdoor shower. All incredible and worth every penny!

I am gluten-free, and I appreciated them signaling which items were okay for me on the menu at each restaurant. That said, I wasn't crazy about a lot of the food, though my fiance loved everything he ate. So maybe I picked the wrong thing. The sushi was terrible. My expectations for it weren't high, but this was very, very low. At the Italian restaurant, I ordered rice pasta primavera. I expected lots of veggies. Instead I got pasta in butter sauce with literally two pieces of zucchini. I ended up eating somewhere else afterwards. The room service was prompt and the food was okay. I liked the Mexican place the best.

I liked that they had an activity pool and a quiet pool. I never felt it was hard to find a lounge chair, no matter what time of day it was. The bartenders were also very nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Hebrew first
Santa Monica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Dreamy would be the word I would like to describe it and location is the key,let's put it that way you are in Tulum and it's a winner already,no matter where you look around the beauty of this place and the Resort itself is breathtaking.I am a returning tourist have been visiting Riviera Maya since 2006,different places,different Resorts,it wouldn't be professional for me to compare them every place is great,but this one wins! As much as I love the beach and walking towards the unknown it got me this time... 2-2&5 hours walks every day discovering the hidden cenotes in the Carribean Ocean and encountering animal species including turtle hatchlings was miracle to me. I've always dreamed off this kind of Paradise away from civilization ...so this is it,the Mayan Ruins in the distance,the wildlife to literally hold in my hand and the hidden gem which is the Dreams Resort itself.You should go and explore and enjoy this magnificent place with all its perks and VIP services available to the guests,trust me you won't regret it.I'm going back next year!

Room Tip: My room was close to the lobby which was great and convenient,but our friends stayed at the seaside...
Aguascalientes, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is a very big and nice hotel and it was almost full even in low season, all the installations are very nice, the pool, the restaurants, the gardens, the beach, etc. I loved my bed's mattress.

The food isn't very special and the breakfast buffet was horrible when I was there. For the price, I suppose the quality of food and beverages is ok, but I hoped for something better even if the price of the hotel was higher.

I think this hotel is more targeted to families and groups than to groups of friends (my case) or people with high expectations.
Fortunately, from my perspective, the only thing that needs to be improved is the easiest to improve, food. Everything else is excellent. Specially the staff, everybody is beyond professional and friendly.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We just returned from a trip Mexico. We stayed at Dreams Tulum, we had an amazing time. The resort was beautiful, the food was great. The staff was incredible. We were minutes away from the Tulum ruins, the excursion was well worth the time and money.

Room Tip: If they offer an upgrade, take it!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I didn't specially like the all inclusive hotels before I stayed at Dreams Tulum however this hotel has changed my mind completely. Our stay there was amazing. Had a lot of fun and was very relaxing at the same time. There are activities going on all the time that give you the opportunity to interact with other guests but you could also chose to lay on the beach where the waiter will offer a drink when desired. The staff are so nice and helpful. Rooms are clean and big. Food is good (probably not awesome) but overall I am so happy with my stay! I will go back for sure!

Renton, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Just home from our 20th anniversary trip and have to say that we had a great time.

The staff was exceptional and work very hard to make sure everything was to our satisfaction.
A high tip of the hat to Rigaberto and Manuel the Sommelier in the wine cellar. They made an awesome experience even better. Yes this dinner did have a cost for the wine but the pairing of the wine with the food was exceptional. On the topic of food I will say that this is an all inclusive and based on that I felt the food was very good and diverse. If we didn't like something we could order something else and try a little bit of everything. There were times we did not particularly care for a dish and the staff could tell right away and they went out of their way to bring us something else. If you are looking for exceptional fine dining I would suggest the wine cellar.

We also renewed our vows on the beach and were looking for something very simple and fun. Nayeli was our coordinator and I think we drove her nuts with not wanting the big fancy events she is amazing at coordinating. She did a fantastic job for us and we got to see firsthand some other event she worked on and I want to say a big thank you to her.

As for the room we were very pleased with ours. Yes there was a bit of a musty smell upon arrival. This is the tropics and the odor was nothing we haven't had anywhere we have traveled in any tropical location, from Hawaii to Bahamas and other locals in Mexico. The room was clean, well appointed and we got what was expected from the booking website and other pictures. We were in the ocean front suite and it was perfect. I have seen reviews about the party scene at the pool being a problem. Ask for the rooms on the north side of the "quiet" pool

The beach was nice. Yes there was seaweed. It's the beach, get over it! The water was 84 degrees and wonderful.Yes there are some rocky areas and you cant walk out at all locations. This location is on the great Mayan Barrier Reef. If you want perfect you might not find it here but if you like to snorkel the rocks help.

Some reviews have said that it was too loud around the pool. If you don't like the music and entertainment staff doing their job there are areas you can go to that are away from that and you should be able to find a quiet spot. We did and had a great time.

I would like to say thank you to the resort and we will be back.

Room Tip: Our room 5304 was very nice and in the preferred club level. It was quiet and clean.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel is REALLY nice. The service is WONDERFUL. The beach is YUK!

If you take everything we experienced with food-pool-staff-customer service and grounds...and put this hotel on a beach that does not have this gross "seaweed" in the waves and ALL ALONG THE SHORELINE-ewww.....you would have the BEST VACATION EVER.

So the beach ruined our trip if you have not figured that out already. It has nothing to do with a storm, or a hurricane...or the time of year. It is ALWAYS gross. The water is blue and you will take nice photos, but swimming, nope. EWW-They try to rake up this gross stuff and bury it but it is coming into shore and growing in the water. Its a BIG problem.
You decide....do you just want 2 nice pools or 2 nice pools and a beach that you paid good money to swim and relax in? WE WANT IT ALL FOR WHAT WE PAY TO GO ON A BEACH TRIP.

That's all I am going to say about the disappointing ocean.

RESORT....

TRANSFER: as everyone has stated, approx. 1.5 hours from Cancun airport. Very straight drive.
Just try to nap.

CHECK IN: we were upgraded without asking the the staff is soooooo nice. very friendly. Very
smiley :)

POOLS: I was pre-occupied with the water temp. We like hot pool water. The sun was so hot and
humid while we were there that whatever the temp they had it at was PERFECTION.

DRINKS: they have it all here. Every brand we like was available. We had Coke, Pepsi, Corona
Bud etc. They will give you endless bottled water. The margaritas were superb.
the Toast Almond was a frozen drink with Baileys, amaretto-just 100% yummy.

FOOD: We loved everything. Please be smart about where you need to eat and how much.
you are in control so do not blame them if portions are small or if something you need is
not on the menu. An example to help make your trip enjoyable: Don't limit yourself
to one restaurant. We would have a mid lunch time frozen coffee at CoCo Café.
then we would go for an early dinner sushi appetizer. Then we would walk their
GORGEOUS grounds with a tropical drink and then dinner at the amazing
Italian restaurant. We knew portions were small but who cares. Order another or
order 2 salads...or 1 of every course.
We did what was best for us. One night we had dinner at the steakhouse (Seaside Grill)
and then had dessert at the Mexican El Patio. I hope that helps.
We sampled the 24/7 room service the last night and it came in 30 minutes.
The food was excellent. We ordered tacos, soup, Caesar salad, a chicken dish etc.

ROOM: We were in a beautiful corner king bed garden suite. This room was breathtaking. It had
2 walk-out balconies. One had a partial ocean-view. The room was spectacular.
A big walk-in closet with a digital safe. A very big bathroom with a huge Jacuzzi tub.
2 sinks, separate toilet and shower-very helpful when getting ready! There was such
an elegance to the décor and atmosphere.

TURNDOWN SERVICE: Loved this. They leave you chocolates, they put a foot mat by
the bed they line up the complimentary slippers on it. They prep your pillows & bed to
sleep
Although it was inconsistent. Out of 6 nights, we were turned down 3. Not sure why.

ENTERTAINMENT: Pool entertainment was enjoyable. I am not a fan of all that "we need
volunteers stuff" but if you are into that, these guys will keep you busy!

SHOWS: we watched the Spanish dancers on Mexican night. We watched a magician, The
break dancers were really awesome. We would grab a cappuccino from CoCo café
and just grab a seat and relax with whatever the show was for the night.
Octoberfest looked fun but we did not stay to try anything.

OVERALL: It breaks my heart not to recommend this location. It is because of how upsetting the
beach was. I have a pool so I do not go on vaca to spend 7 days at a pool
We love the sand and love long walks on the beach-it was just to dirty for us.
Our favorite past-time on vaca is to float in the ocean on raft....not happening here.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!