My wife and I had four great days at Don Diego de la Selva on our honeymoon. When we booked the nights we told the hotel that our stay there was a part of our honeymoon. When we then arrived the staff had surprised us with kissing swans folded from towels and rose leaves spread on the bed and all around our room :-) We were so touched and very glad for that they did such a nice thing for us.
In general the staff was absolutely amazing. Smiling and helping if you had any questions.
The pool area is very nice. It’s always possible to find a spot in either the sun and shadow spots during the day. The rooms are good and beds are spacious. In our room we had a hammock at the room’s indoor balcony where you could slide up the big doors so you still could the feeling of being outside.
I think the location of the hotel is one of the hotels best features. It’s located in the end of a street on a silent side street. Therefore you won’t get the lousy annoyances you will have if living in the center of Tulum. This is especially appreciated when you are relaxing by the pool or eating at the good restaurant at the hotel.
And even so that the hotel is located in the end of Tulum there’s still only a 10-minute walk to the bus terminal, which is considered to be the absolute center of Tulum.
I can only think of two minor annoyances about the hotels. Firstly there are dogs nearby that are barfing all night. Secondly the room could need a refrigerator so you can keep your drinking water cool. But as mentioned it’s only minor annoyances – Don Diego de la Selva is a fantastic place to stay.
- Also Known As:
- Don Diego De La Selva Hotel
- Don Diego De La Selva Hotel Tulum
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Don Diego de la Selva, ideally located at the south end of Tulum, was in 2005 the first nice hotel in the village of Tulum, offering to the visitors an alternative to the beachfront cabañas. 10 large rooms with AC, private bathroom and own terrace.Free wi-fi, 24 hours electricity, swimming-pool and friendly atmosphere!Small bar, delicious homemade breakfast and gourmet restaurant : el PaladanteWelcome ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Don Diego de la Selva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.