“Our romantic honeymoon getaway was 5 stars!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mezzanine Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Mezzanine Hotel to your Saves list
Mezzanine Hotel
3.5 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   km 2 Carretera Tulum-Punta Allen, Tulum 77780, Mexico   |
Ranked #3 of 80 Hotels in Tulum
New York City, New York
“Our romantic honeymoon getaway was 5 stars!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

In short: A wonderful hotel, with amazing service & restaurant, private beach, and a chic European quality (minus pretentiousness!)

My husband and I just came back from staying at The Mezzanine, which was the chosen destination for our honeymoon. Having been to Mexico when I was a youngster, I did not know what exactly to anticipate from Tulum, as well as Mezzanine. I am used to European chic, comfort, and style, which I wasn't hoping to find in Mexico, at a beach town, in the middle of the jungle. How wrong I was!

First of all, the hotel is really beautifully designed. It is actually very pretty, comfortable and modern. Most of the hotels in Tulum are cabana-inspired creations, which are a little too rustic for my taste. Mezzanine was a perfect mix of Mediterranean & Carribean. I LOVED its location most of all - away from the busy (and expensive!) hotel row, yet equidistant to the town of Tulum as the rest of the hotels. Mezzanine is located at the beginning of a beautiful beach, shared only by a small handful of hotels. What I really liked about Mezzanine's service was their offering of free water, beach towels, bicycles to ride, water equipment (kayak, snorkels, etc.) Although we didn't have AC, the fans worked beautifully all night long (key word - electricity all night!) The views were spectacular from our room, and probably every room in the hotel - the layout is really good!

Upon our arrival we were given free margaritas (bestest in town!) and promptly checked into our honeymoon suite! Ordering from their Thai restaurant was never a dull moment - the food rivals some of the best NYC restaurants! Even of you don't end up staying at Mezzanine, at least go there once for dinner (or breakfast, or lunch), you will be very happy. Prices are incredibly affordable and the freshness of food can't be rivaled.

Haha, I hope I don't sound like I work there :)

Overall, the hotel provided exactly what I wanted - a chic environment, a beautiful beach, killer food, and lovely service. If we wanted to get away, it was easy & we just hopped on our bikes & rode to town, or checked out cabanas on the hotel row.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

Mezzanine is a chic boutique hotel located on a beautiful beach. The food, staff and service are excellent. The rooms are great with fantastic views. I would live there if I could!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
LauraMezzanine, Manager at Mezzanine Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2010
Thank you for your nice comments. We hope you are able to visit us again in the very near future.

Saludos desde el hermoso Tulum!
New York City, Palm Beach Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

We were in Tulum October 14-18th and stayed at Mezzanine. Not true that they are closed!!!!! This is my favorite hotel in Tulum. Mezzanine has the best location and vibe in Tulum. We stayed in one of the master suites and it was so chic, with a beautiful view of the sea. The staff are so nice and always smiling. The food is wonderful. We are going back for Thanksgiving.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great contribution.. Glad you will be back soon,we are looking forward to it!

Hasta pronto!
londres
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

We tried to book and called but they told us it was closed for refurbishment for two weeks even though their website was still taking bookings. We stayed at a nearby hotel and sow Mezzanine had been sealed shout by local authorities. They were big signs saying closed for environmental reasons.

We also read on tripadvisor over recent police raid but we can't find any references to this on the website.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
LauraMezzanine, Owner at Mezzanine Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2010
Mezzanine is now open again, from September 3rd, so please come and enjoy the best that Tulum has to offer!
Boulder, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2010

Sophistication in Tulum! The rooms are amazing. The food is excellent. I took a late day beautiful snorkeling trip under the moon right from the beach in front of the hotel,

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
LauraMezzanine, Manager at Mezzanine Hotel, responded to this review, May 25, 2010
We appreciate you have shared your experience with others, and look forward to welcoming you back to Mezzanine soon.
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

I stayed in room 6 and felt right at home the moment I stepped in there..! What a beautiful room with up to date and sereen, buddha influenced interiour design. The room is cosy, spacious, airy and I loved the open interiour which allows you to set privacy standard by leaving open or closing the curtain to shower & bathroom area. If you are a couple this is an intimate and romantic way to spend your stay in a lovely hotel. There are wooden shutter windows which have something authentic and allow a lovely natural breeze and scent of the sea into the room to wake you up in the mornings. After that you open your frontdoor to be greeted by a fresh pot of fresh coffee to help you ease into a beautiful sunny day! I loved everyone of the staff. They definitly enjoy they're work and put in the effort to make you feel at home. I actually got to know them all by name! It really did feel like home from home! Lucio, Fili and colleagues serving you from the restaurant area with a big smile, Pech, Papatzul and colleagues shaking up the best cocktails I've tasted (and I travel a lot!) and manager Laura and Roxana are two wonderful supervisors whom are always happy to have a chat, help you out with any request and make your stay even more unforgetable!

I can go on and on and give Mezzanine and it's staff the appreciation it deserves, but I then I would be better off writing a book, I am that positive about my stay :) !

So I would recommend Mezzanine to anyone that enjoys, beautiful beaches (that sometimes you will even find yourself being the only person on the whole day), great Thai food in the Mezz restaurant area, cocktails, Friday night parties and lounge Sundays with international DJ for some relaxation and ofcourse romantic time with partner in and around the Tulum area. The Cenotes and Ruins are definitly a must see and do activity.

I will be back very soon!!

• Stayed April 2010
Thank you so much for your wonderfull and detailed contribution.
Your candor has provided our team with a new energy and effervescence toward exceeding our guest’s expectations.

Looking forward to your next visit,

Laura & the Mezzanine team
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

The location is secluded and perfect for a romantic getaway. We've been to Mezzanine three times and it continues to shine. The thai restaurant is our favorite place to eat in Tulum. Totally chill, except Friday night when there's a DJ and dancing. Be prepared to stay up!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Thanks a lot for your comments which serve us as and inspiration.

We look forward to your next stay!

Been to Mezzanine Hotel? Share your experiences!