“Beautiful Hotel, Excellent Service in an AMAZING setting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mezzanine Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tulum
Mezzanine Hotel
Save Saved
You added Mezzanine Hotel to your Saves list
km 2 Carretera Tulum-Punta Allen, Tulum 77780, Mexico   |
Ranked #11 of 76 Hotels in Tulum
Boston
“Beautiful Hotel, Excellent Service in an AMAZING setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I just got back from our trip to Tulum and we had three wonderful nights at Mezzanine. We stayed in a ocean view room and had a magnificent view and loved falling asleep every night to the sound of the waves. The beach that the hotel is on is lovely and a very close walk to ruins and easy cab or bike ride to the pueblo.

We enjoyed cocktails and appetizers every day on the patio and woke up every morning to the delicious coffee that is left for you outside your door topped off with a scrumptious breakfast we could not have asked for more however, the service, especially Gil gave Mezzanine that extra personal touch that you don't get at every hotel. Not only will we back in Tulum but we will be staying again at Mezzanine and have reccommended it to friends who are going in the future.

Thank you for a wonderful trip!!
Remy and Deborah

Room Tip: We stayed in an ocean view have a view and the sound of the ocean is definately worth the extra splu...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
San Marcos, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have come to Tulum for our first visit ever. We are working at a local tattoo shop for a "working vacation" and we have eaten at Mezzanine twice. We are staying at hostal Chalupa (which is HIGHLY recommended) so I can't say anything about staying here but as far as the restaurant it is great. They have a great tequila and Mezcal selection and some of the best beach access in the world. Seriously, the turquoise and azure waters are nothing like I have ever seen. Most places ate beautiful here in Tulum but this one stands out so I figured that I'd recommend it to other travelers.

Salud,

Brandon

• Stayed January 2013
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had such a nice stay here. Its located on a beautiful beach and has spectacular views of the ocean. The rooms are big and the bed is really comfy. My only negative comment is that the coffee served in the basket by the door in the mornings was cold. It would have been better getting free coffee at the restaurant in the morning. However, the staff was so nice and helpful so we had a great stay:)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I did not stay here, but feel I need to comment...we went here twice for drinks and the service and drinks were great!! But what I really appreciate is the fact that I left my credit card there one night and I went back the next day, and they had it waiting for me!! Thanks!!
PS-the rosemary mint margarita is to die for!!!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tulum, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed at Mezzanine for 2 weeks and it was absolutely first class all the way.
The room was clean and spacious and I was a 10 second walk away from one of the most beautiful beaches I had ever seen.
The restaurant was exceptionally good too. Authentic thai curries to an awesome gourmet burger, i enjoyed every meal i had there.
I would definitely recommend Mezzanine to anyone looking for that paradise chilled holiday and I hope to return there next year for another vacation ;)

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view when booking
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
MezManager, Manager at Mezzanine Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
We feel flattered with your amazing comments, it was nice to have you with us, we hope to see you next year!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I booked in to the seaview room no 4 for one night and were greeted by wonderful reception staff and a welcome margarita. We could not stop grinning, the room was beyond perfect with amazing styling and linen, even had Molten Brown products in the bathroom! The location is perfect being right on the beach and 20 minutes walking along the sand to the ruins. They also have an amazing Thai restaurant run by a Thai chef and they also serve a few other options of Mexican and western dishes as well. Their breakfasts we're amazing, you have to try their Eggs Benedict and their fresh fruit juices too. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, we had such an amazing time we stayed two more nights and I also came back the following week for another night. Every Friday they also hold a party with DJ's from Ibiza...the best dancing I have had in a couple of years. I guarantee if you stay here you will have a truly amazing time...

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you so much for your amazing comments and for sharing your pictures, we look forward to your return!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

I couldn't say enough positive things about our stay at Mezzanine. I first visited Mezzanine during a trip to Tulum 7 years ago. I was staying in some Cabañas closer to the ruins but we always went to Mezzanine for their 2 for 1 Margaritas happy hour (which still exists). It was always on my mind to stay there upon returning to Tulum and I'm so glad we did. This time around I went with my husband and we stayed in room Sea View 1. The bed was huge and comfortable and the room was spacious. Although there was no AC (as is common in that area), the room was so breezy and comfortable. I'd much rather be cooled by a Caribbean breeze over fake air anyways! The area of the beach that surrounds Mezzanine is my favorite in all of Tulum. It's so clean/clear and effortless to go for a swim. Powdery white sand and turquoise water...it doesn't get any better. It was also nice to be walking distance to the Tulum ruins and many great restaurants. We ended up eating at Mezzanine's restaurant more often than not as the food was SO GOOD! Some of my favorites are: Pad Thai, Spinach Gorgonzola Salad, Fish Tacos and so many others...delicious fresh squeezed juices and drinks too. On Friday they have a great party with performances and worldly DJ's. Great fun crowd, we had a blast. Aside from the beauty and other amenities, my favorite part of Mezzanine is the vibe. The staff is so cool and helpful, without ever being pushy (something I hate at big resorts). They genuinely get to know you and help make your vacation amazing. Gil and Maggie went above and beyond for us, hope to see them next time!

Some other "must see" suggestions for Tulum:

Chichen Itza: the trip organized by Mezzanine was great...only 6 people in our tour group and we stopped at a Cenote (another must) and small Mexican town for lunch (delicious and authentic).

La Zebra on Sunday: Also good food and a really fun Salsa dance party .

Pueblo: Great for souvenir shopping and to get a realistic glimpse of everyday life in Tulum.

We can't wait to go back, LOVE this place :)

• Stayed December 2012
MezManager, Gerente at Mezzanine Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
We feel very flattered with your amazing comments. Look forward to your return! Hasta Pronto!

Been to Mezzanine Hotel? Share your experiences!