“The most amazing place ever !!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Suenos Tulum to your Saves list
Suenos Tulum
Carret Tulum - Boca Paila | Zona hotelera Km 8.5, Tulum 77780, Mexico   |
Ranked #12 of 74 hotels in Tulum
“The most amazing place ever !!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

I can't even begin to tell of all the great things there is at suenos, so all I can say is we it is the best place we have ever been and we have travelled a lot !!! It's our favorite place ! Best sevice , best food , best accomidations !!!! The staff are so kind and professional but personable ! Edwardo is absolutely amazing the greatest server ever and such a kind sweet soul !!! The attiontion to detail is off the charts! All I can say is this place is the tops ! And if you don't chose to stay here your making a big mistake ! We will be back!

• Stayed December 2012

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights. The service was great and very accommodating. Rooms excellent. Only negative I would say is no electricity in rooms after 8am. So hard to shave in the dark. Other than that nice place to relax and unwind.

• Stayed November 2012
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Suenos Tulum was just what we were hoping for and more. The reviews simply cannot describe how amazing the beach is, you just have to see it with your own eyes. It is amazing how few people are on the beach. It feels like your own little paradise. The hotel is very chill and basic. It feels very relaxed and peaceful there and has a very charming atmosphere. The rooms are not very high tech (no phone chargers in the room so you have to charge at the front desk) and the water pressure is low but that was of little concern to us. Also, better to be eco friendly as this place is trying to be. The food and service is also excellent and the owners are very helpful and friendly. The pool is also nice. They even have a little kayak that you can take out on the water. Wish we could have stayed longer. Thanks Suenos Tulum!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
new hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Staying at Suenos Tulum is a truly enriching and wonderfully relaxing experience. I had the unmitigated pleasure of staying in one of the master suites for a couple of nights this week and could not have been happier with my choice. The hotel and the rooms are truly a remarkable work of art in and of themselves. It is both astonishing and incredibly impressive that someone was so well able to bring a very singular work of design imagination to fruition so fully and in such rich detail. The rooms are sort of a Mayan/Crusoe fantasia- but with all the comforts (within reason) of the 21st century. I felt sort of like I was sleeping in one of those Roger Dean drawings that adorned the covers of Yes and other progressive rock artists in the 70's. The view of the ocean from my bed was breathtaking and the bed itself was also extremely comfortable. I woke up in the night to gentle Carribean breezes and a view of the starry sky through my large portal style window. Super cool.
I always spend hours poring over reviews and trying to decide where to stay when planning a trip, and it is worth noting that I visited some of the other places I had considered staying and although all were nice (you can hardly go wrong- it's Tulum), I don't think any quite measured up to Suenos in terms of location, style, and atmosphere. I had been mildly concerned that since Suenos was a bit far down the end of the beach road it might feel too remote, but that wasn't the case at all. I had a car, but even if I hadn't, everything was a close bike ride, walk, or brief cab ride away. In fact, it was pretty close to Casa Jaguar which I found to have terrific food, incredibly great drinks, and hippest vibe of any of the restaurants in the area.
All of the staff at Suenos were friendly and helpful, the breakfast was generous and the dinner menu at Suenos managed to be authentic and up to date at the same time. The food was fresh and delicious. I realize many people stay here for the yoga and unfortunately I hardly know yoga from yogurt, and came here primarily to enjoy the beach- so I realize that the beach is not necessarily the primary focus of most visitors, but if I was to make one recommendation it might be find some beach chairs that are more in keeping with the aesthetic grace of the rest of the hotel and provide some more "curb appeal" from the beach. (incidentally, the hotel sits on a fabulous stretch of beach)
I would absolutely recommend Suenos Tulum to anyone and hope that I might be able to return myself sometime. It is easily one of the nicest places I have ever stayed.

Room Tip: Splurge for the ocean view- you won't regret it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We spent 3 nights at Suenos Tulum last July (2 couples and 4 kids). We enjoyed every minute of it. The setting is just paradise, on the beach, shades and lounge chairs t relax. The breakfast was excellent! And the room was so beautiful!!
The kids loved the swimming pool. We would go back in a heartbeat. Thank you for those amazing vacations!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

It has been a while since we stayed here, but after visiting other similar locations/accomodations, I thought I'd write a quick review. Suenos Tulum is such a pretty well kept cottage resort, one of the nicest I've visited. The artwork and attention to detail in it's design is amazing. No electric (during the day) and A/C wasn't a problem; there's so much to do and see, you don't even notice. We stayed for 7 days in one of the master suites (on the top floor) and had the best breezes and views from there. The food was amazing, service excellent and the accommodations were breathtaking. Suenos Tulum provided covered sun beds on their beautiful white sand beach, but we stayed in March and the surf was a little rough for that time of year from what we were told. You can walk on the beach and stop for lunch or drinks at one of the other resorts and only pass a few other people along the way.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, but for the view and breeze, stay in one of the master suites.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 3days during the begining of June. Was low season, which was fantastic: the beach to ourselves!
The master suite had a splendid view of the Carabean, we even had an electric storm at night: what an amazing show!
Very comfortable and beautifully furnished rooms, excellent service, great breakfast. Even lunch and dinner are possible at certain hours: delicious and not expensive comparing to regular Tulum prices.
Being there simply MAKES you relax 100%! Our ultimate medicine against stress!
Was already our 2nd time we stayed here, and ... we'll be back for more!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Suenos Tulum? Share your experiences!