“heaven on earth!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kore Tulum Retreat Wellness Resort

You added Kore Tulum Retreat Wellness Resort to your Saves list
Kore Tulum Retreat Wellness Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Carr.Tulum Boca Paila Km 3.8 Lote 48 | Carretera Federal Playa - Tulum, Tulum 77760, Mexico (Formerly Zenserenity Wellness Resort Tulum)   |
Ranked #43 of 79 Hotels in Tulum
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Youngstown, Ohio, United States
“heaven on earth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Went back for our second visit to Adonis Tulum Resort and loved it as much as the first time or if possible even more! The rooms are great, the staff is absolutely the BEST! What an amazing week we had there. Thanks to all of the staff!!! I have read only a few negative reviews on this place and can't understand how anyone would could possibly have anything bad to say about this place, but some people are just never happy. Everything about this place is great, loved the food, the atmosphere, our room and especially loved the staff! What and excellent value! Can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

What can I say - this place is amazing. I left another resort nearby because of the service, food & room condition. I can say this was a big step up. The staff are amazing and special big thanks for the fantastic service from Paolo. We highly recommend this hotel for it's service, food and upkeep. No complaints here. Great place to stay we are already booked to return - can't wait to get back!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Adonis Tulum is an AMAZING resort! We truly felt Welcomed and Embraced by the staff upon arrival. After a long two hour ride, it was refreshing to receive an Adonis Kiss(adult beverage) while taking care of the check-in duties. We were there with friends to celebrate my 40th Birthday, which was AMAZING! My partner arranged for one of the romance packages during our stay. Upon entering our room it was as pictured on the website, rose petals on the bed with two Swans (made with towels) and the rose petal hearts on the floor leading to a nice bubbling hot tub waiting to relax you. Strawberries and chilled Champagne as well. The resort was everything that was described on their website. We had a million dollar view from our room and truly felt welcomed and wanted. There is no direct beach access, however, within a 5 minute bike ride or 8 minute cab ride you can be at the beach. The hotel offers a beautiful pool area with an infinity pool that was breathe taking. There was a pool bar there as well, but closed at 6pm. (maybe keep open later) As far as the service and food, it was wonderful. We were there during the slow season for them so we were able to order from the three different menus. Typically you are seated in one of the specialty areas of the restaurant and then order from that particular cuisine that is offered. This ensures that food is prepared timely and everyone receives their courses together and timely. But they were very lenient with us and allowed us to mix and match but this isn't typically done.
For my birthday, my partner arranged for a special private dinner with our friends. The staff set up a special table under the gazebo near the water and it was surrounded by torches to set the mode even further. I was totally shocked and pleased with the service, the surroundings and the food. OMG, the surf and turf that I was served that night was wonderful I enjoyed a delicious steak and the biggest lobster tail that I have ever had. DELICIOUS! We were served by Humberto who was amazing and attended to our every need.

As for the staff, Victoria was great and was on top of things and made sure the resort was being run smoothly and that guests were attended too. Diego was an amazing coordinator for the resort, he helped my partner to arrange all of the wonderful surprises for the week. Anything you need, ask Diego. Several of the wait staff (Juan and Jorge) were incredible and went above and beyond to ensure we had the best possible service, whether by the pool, breakfast or dinner.

All in all, one of the best keep secrets in Mexico. I would HIGHLY recommend this resort to any and all of our friends. We will definitely plan a return trip to the resort and also spread the word of their service to the LGBT community.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was our first time staying at the resort and we were celebrating a milestone birthday. So there was some expected nervousness and trepidation considering that it is a destination all its own further than we are use to staying when going to Rivera Maya. However, that quickly started to fall away from the entrance and greeting you receive upon arriving is breathtaking and inviting. The staff did everything they could to make sure that we had enjoyed ourselves during our stay. Yes there is no direct access to the beach, but you can take a bike (5 mins) and you have a beach, take a cab ride (8 mins) down to the Tulum ruins and you have access to another beach after admission. The infinity pool is the main draw, as depicted in the photos on the site. During the early part of our stay there were very few other guests so it was quite pleasant and relaxing, the music at the pool wasn't overpowering. After getting the explanation of how the main restaurant work, one distinct menu for each section is to help the staff be able to discuss and recommend items to the guests, plus ensure that the food is prepared in a reasonable time for the whole table. Since it was during a slower time, we were able to order from any of the menus but everyone tended to order from the same menu the majority of the time. Had we traveled during the "high season" things might have been different. Overall great service at dinner and breakfast.
I also agree with another guest, that there isn't a place to relax that is not your room or the pool. The beds along the stone walkway or nice but not overly comfortable. The pool bar/wait service was adequate but would have been nicer to have it open a bit longer than 6pm. I would definitely recommend the resort to friends and look forward to our next trip down.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The day we arrived it was overcast and intermittently rainy so my girlfriend and i were the only ones out by the pool (Canadians don't get much sit-outside weather. Leave us alone.) As the only ones out we were waited on hand and foot by the exceptional staff at Adonis. By the second day they knew our names and our favourite drinks (ojo rojo. Get Bernabe or Abimael to make it).

They changed the dinner menus the day we left, so we have no idea how the food is now, but if it's anything like what we were treated to during our stay you will not be disappointed, They have a room service menu that looks awesome too but we didn't try it.

Victoria is the day manager and you could actually feel that it was important to her that we had a great time and really wanted us to let her know if there was anything that they could do to make our experience better. There wasn't; everything met or exceeded expectations. Highly recommended, will definitely return

Milwaukee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The Adonis is a beautiful resort. The kitchen staff and wait staff were extremely accommodating. There is no beach, but you know that before you go. I've read a lot of negative comments about the food, but I actually thought the food was wonderful! The rooms were nice, spacious, and well maintained by the cleaning staff. Hot water was an issue during our stay....actually we had no water the first 2 days. Once we got water back, it was hit or miss regarding the temp...I had to take a couple of lukewarm showers.

Now here's the kicker. The first 2 days (Saturday and Sunday) I thought I was in paradise. Quiet, serene....just what I needed. Then the " entertainment" crew showed up on Monday. The crew consisted of 3 or 4 "children"...I'm guessing 19-21 years old, who thought that they knew what a gay resort should be. They brought in a DJ who BLASTED house/rave music from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm at the pool. This happened for 5 days straight. First we asked the DJ to turn it down a bit. She did, but then it would creep its way back up to unbearable. I could not read, sleep, or listen to my own iPod by the pool, and that is truly a shame since the pool is the main draw here. You could hear the BOOM BOOM BOOM reverberating off of surrounding buildings! I had trouble speaking to my friends who were in chairs next to me! The next day, Tuesday, I asked the "concierge" (another pre-pubescent imbecile) if perhaps the music could vary and be turned down. That resulted in 1 hour of 80's music to acquiesce the old fart, then back to BOOM BOOM BOOM. On Wednesday, I yelled to my friends that I had had enough. I went to the lobby to officially complain. In the description of this place, it is stated that it is "zen." There's nothing zen about techno/house/rave music blasted for 6 straight hours every day. The staff at the front desk informed me that it was lesbian week, and that's why they had a special DJ at the pool. It was really surreal. Sometimes my 3 fellow travelers and I were the only people at the pool, but they were blasting rave music for lesbians? Do lesbians really want their peaceful vacation infiltrated by this nonsense? I don't think so. Here are some other insulting activities planned for "lesbian week." One belly dancer was hired to dance on Monday night...only 2 lesbians both over 40 in the audience. The rest of the audience was about 10 gay men. Tuesday night was the wet t-shirt contest. Only one girl entered and won the contest, and she was a friend of the DJ...Not even a guest of the resort! Another night, they hired local prostitutes to pole dance. How insulting to lesbians and gays! The "entertainment" crew was so off the mark with this. I really feel like my first visit to Mexico was badly tainted by the misguided efforts of some immature, stereotypical party posse, and the staff did not seem to care one way or the other.

Like I said before, the wait staff headed by Victoria was simply amazing...Amazing. I felt taken care of in every way. The kids on the "entertainment" staff, who by day were frolicking in the pool enjoying the rave music, truly have their heads up their rears. Who wants to have to go to their room for peace and quiet when in Tulum? I feel like Michell, the GM, should take a serious look at the people he chooses to provide entertainment. And if I had seen him after the first 2 days, I would have invited him to sit by me at the pool and endure the mind-numbing, earth-shaking, poor quality music that I paid to endure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

First impressions of this resort - paradise! It is seriously beautiful! The rooms are fantastic with a brilliant maids service. The staff can be a little hit and miss, but generally excellent service. The food after 2 weeks got seriously boring, especially as I am vegetarian. The spa is absolutely amazing although not included in the resort price.There are not a lot of facilities if it rains and no beach. Probably a little pricey for what you get, but so is the rest of Mexico! It is almost worth it for no kids running around though! All in all though a lovely place to stay for gay or gay friendly adults.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Kore Tulum Retreat Wellness Resort? Share your experiences!