My wife and I stayed at Retiro Maya again (third time in 12yrs), and had exactly the low key experience we remembered. The best thing about this place is location. Quiet beach right out your door, we stayed in a palapa as we always have and loved it. The service is always good and Luu (the owner) remembered us from our previous visits and it was a pleasure catching up with her again. The beach area of Tulum is growing fast and Retiro Maya is still on a stretch of beach that hasn't yet been overrun with development. When we go to Mexico, this is exactly what we're looking for, quiet natural beauty. To be clear, this is not a five star resort, it's not supposed to be. It's basic, clean, friendly, romantic, and did I mention quiet? When Tulum succumbs to the five star resort scene, we'll have to find another paradise. See you again soon Luu!! Larry & Alicia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miles from the busy hustle of all inclusive resorts and hotspots, lays a sacred space for couples & families, Groups & global travelers, conscious people and fellow seekers, Find peace here, breathe, explore, create your own adventure.Retiro Maya is a grassroots eco-haven for the nature loving traveler. integrating eco-loving style with conscious adventure seeking. Days bring healing breezes, smooth sun-drenched moments sound tracked by the ocean’s melodic chant. At night find your zen space under a vast canopy of stars. Retiro Maya strives to create unique escape experiences... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Retiro Maya Eco-Hotel and Retreats reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabanas Retiro Maya Tulum
- Cabanas Retiro Maya Hotel Tulum