My boyfriend and I just spent five amazing days with Jack and Janet at Posada Luna del Sur. Being Mexican, I often tend to travel in Mexico and really enjoy staying at smaller, off the beaten path kind of places in order to try and capture the local feel and flare. Of course, speaking Spanish really helps but, having hoteliers like Jack and Janet is an excellent second best. The night that we arrived, Janet was waiting for us and when we rang the buzzer, she answered by stating my name! You'll never get that at a huge hotel! She took us to our room and her warm and inviting manner immediately made us feel right home.
She started by giving us the lowdown on Tulum village, which is where the hotel is located, and recommended what her favorite restaurants were for eating. (You have to go to Taqueria Diaz. We actually ran into Janet and Jack there on one of our many visits there.) Furthermore, she helped us find the best beach spots to rent a palapa or just sit on the sand, how to get to Sian'Ka, and suggested a myriad of other things to do depending on your interests and time.
The rooms are also amazing. You get a big ten-gallon bottle of water that we used to fill our sports bottles with. Plus, every day, Jesus would leave the most amazing towel designs. We were excited to come home every day to see what it is that he had created for us that day. Our room also had a cute little patio with two chairs where we would often sit, chill, have a cigarette, and talk. And,the fresh squeezed OJ, the french press coffee, and pan dulce for breakfast made getting up in the morning a lot easier.
So, if you prefer to stay in town (the beach is only five minutes away by car) in order to delve into the small town's culture and enjoy the laid back way of life, I strongly encourage you to stay with Jack and Janet. You won't be disappointed by their graciousness and sweetness. Also, you should just spend some time with them and ask them how they met. It's a great tale to tell.
Thank you for a beautiful time Jack and Janet. We promise we'll be back next year and begin our yearly visits!
Sky and Patty
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada Luna del Sur is a delightful small boutique hotel of 12 private suites, which has earned praise for excellence value, service, comfort and quality from travelers around the world. The suites are graciously proportioned and lovingly appointed. Immaculately maintained suites include; king size or double bed sleeping accommodations (roll-away beds available for parties of three on request) cozy sitting area, balcony or patio area, mini fridge, unlimited bottled water, ceiling fans, A/C, security safe, cable TV, free WiFi hotspot, hot water and our signature a la carte breakfast inspire care-free times and peaceful dreams. Our hotel is focused on value, service, comfort and quality. We believe you can still stay at a quality boutique hotel in Tulum, without breaking your bank. A gem in the Riviera Maya, we invite you to come and discover why. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Posada Luna del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Luna Del Sur Hotel Tulum
- Posada Luna Del Sur Tulum