“Best experience in the Yucatan” 5 of 5 stars

Posada Luna del Sur
Calle Luna Sur 5 | Tulum Pueblo, Tulum 77780, Mexico   |
Ranked #4 of 78 Hotels in Tulum
Northern CA
“Best experience in the Yucatan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2006

If you are coming to Tulum, you should stay with Jack and Janet at Posada Luna del Sur. I was there with my husband on our honeymoon and it was perfect!

I've looked at the other posts about this place and I don't know what more compliments I could add. Jack and Janet and the staff are wonderful. The rooms are perfectly SPOTLESS! You will get everything you need at Posada Luna del Sur. I did read someone posted something about noise in the neighborhood. I am a very very light sleeper and I didn't have a problem at all. We did hear music in the evenings and it was nice to hear Mexican music, but it stopped by bedtime. I wouldn't have considered it noisy at all, and I'm pretty sensitive. We stayed in several other towns/hotels in our trip and this, by far, was the BEST experience in Mexico.

Last comment: Jack and Janet are offering breakfast in the morning and it is lovely and delicious. Also a great time to ask them questions about the area. Janet set us up with a GREAT tour of Sian Ka'an. That was the highlight of our trip.

Happy journeys!

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Tips/Secrets — stay here, you won't regret it.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Turkish first
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2006

I'm rating this highly as the hotel itself is absolutely wonderful but for us there were a lot of noise issues with the neighborhood.

Janet's hospitality is wonderful and she went out of her way to make us feel welcome and give us great recommendations. The location is really convenient for restaurants and everything you might want from a town. It was easy to jump on a bus and get most places we wanted to such as the ruins.

The rooms were spotlessly clean and very comfortable and the owners clearly take great care and pride in this place.

I hate to say anything negative when the management clearly puts so much hard work into this place but be warned, this is a noisy neighborhood with loud music from a restaurant half a block away, barking dogs and to our horror, roosters that can make a lot of noise half the night. Maybe this is just a typical Mexican experience but it did really affect our comfort level as we were there for more than one night. I hope Janet can manage to resolve that problem as I can imagine it's a problem for a hotel owner.

To end on a positive note, we really appreciated the breakfast that they now provide (tea/coffee/juices/delicious pastries - a perfect way to start the day.

Stayed November 2006

Been to Posada Luna del Sur? Share your experiences!