This hotel is definitely a gem on the outer edge of Tulum. We say outer edge cause we didn't travel any farther South than Posada Luna del Sur. We didn't need to. The hotel is convenient to experiencing the culture that a real Mayan city has to offer. The rooms are clean, and have a tropical flair to them. The balcony is great too. We felt very safe staying here.
When we arrived on Feb 17, Janet greeted us personally and gave us a map of Tulum and told us where to find a good spot on the beach and which cenotes to see, as well as good advice on restaurants in the town. There are fabulous restaurants along the main road, and some of the best margarita's i've ever had at Don Cafeto's.
Unfortunately I arrived without my luggage, however Janet immediately offered us her home telephone to call the airlines. She made every attempt to make sure that I got it back and left several messages for the airlines. Turns out it traveled to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico City and finally Cancun before I got it over one day later.
If you're looking for Mayan culture in a town away from the Little USA of Cancun and Playa del Carmen, definitely visit Tulum and stay at the Posada Luna del Sur.
Thanks again Janet! We look forward to visiting Tulum again!
-Laura and John
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada Luna del Sur is a delightful small boutique hotel of 12 private suites, which has earned praise for excellence value, service, comfort and quality from travelers around the world. The suites are graciously proportioned and lovingly appointed. Immaculately maintained suites include; king size or double bed sleeping accommodations (roll-away beds available for parties of three on request) cozy sitting area, balcony or patio area, mini fridge, unlimited bottled water, ceiling fans, A/C, security safe, cable TV, free WiFi hotspot, hot water and our signature a la carte breakfast inspire care-free times and peaceful dreams. Our hotel is focused on value, service, comfort and quality. We believe you can still stay at a quality boutique hotel in Tulum, without breaking your bank. A gem in the Riviera Maya, we invite you to come and discover why. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Posada Luna del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Luna Del Sur Hotel Tulum
- Posada Luna Del Sur Tulum