If you want to experience culture, stay in Tulum town and STAY AT THIS HOTEL. First of all, Tulum town is not commercialized at all and all the businesses are small and run by families. It's one strip of a street, and the Posada Luna Del Sur is in a wonderful location, easily accessible by the ADO bus and one block away from the main street itself so that it is still quiet during the night.
Here are my points about why you should stay here:
1) Security - there is a security guard at the entrance of the hotel who is friendly and helpful. Also, the gate into the hotel locks so you can't enter without a key.
2) The room - it's exactly how it is portrayed on the pictures. It's also exactly what you would expect to see in Mexico. It was clean, the shower was great, and you have a kitchen if you decide to cook yourself. The AC was perfect.
3) Breakfast - it's included in your price. And it was very good.
4) TOM - literally the most helpful man ever. He has created a map which points to every great restaurant, beach club, souvenir shop -- you name it -- in Tulum, and he is easily accessible if you need any advice because he lives in the hotel with his family. Also, he pointed us away from the tourist traps and showed us the best local spots, and he helped us out with giving us appropriate taxi rates so we wouldn't be ripped off.
5) The rooftop - it's a great place to relax, PLUS there is FREE WIFI!
6) It was my birthday, and Tom bought me a wonderful bottle of red wine and chocolates, and the room service created a beautiful concoction out of towels. Tom even handpicked flowers as a garland that was wrapped around the towel concoction.
Seriously, my boyfriend and I could not have been happier with this hotel, and if we ever return to Tulum, we will most definitely stay here again. And the price is UNBEATABLE! Thanks again, Tom!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada Luna del Sur is a delightful small boutique hotel of 12 private suites, which has earned praise for excellence value, service, comfort and quality from travelers around the world. The suites are graciously proportioned and lovingly appointed. Immaculately maintained suites include; king size or double bed sleeping accommodations (roll-away beds available for parties of three on request) cozy sitting area, balcony or patio area, mini fridge, unlimited bottled water, ceiling fans, A/C, security safe, cable TV, free WiFi hotspot, hot water and our signature a la carte breakfast inspire care-free times and peaceful dreams. Our hotel is focused on value, service, comfort and quality. We believe you can still stay at a quality boutique hotel in Tulum, without breaking your bank. A gem in the Riviera Maya, we invite you to come and discover why. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Posada Luna del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Luna Del Sur Hotel Tulum
- Posada Luna Del Sur Tulum