Tulum is a quiet village which happens to be near the best beaches and Si'an Kaan reserve. You have two choices: Stay on the beach or in town. Both are of interest.
We stayed in town because we came to use Tulum as a base to explore Coba and Si'an Kaan. It was an exploratory visit. We WILL BE BACK. I now have to hike and bike through Si'an Kaan and explore the rest of this exquisitely beautiful part of Mexico and the Americas.
Tom, Brenda, and Ricardo assured us a great stay in a wonderfully safe little town. Tom's place is lovely. It is not a 5 star resort. There is no pool or massive gardens. It is a quiet little hotel come bed and breakfast, with Tom being the best concierge ever. He knows the town and the services offered. On arrival, you are presented with Tom's map, which provides insider's information. He helps at no personal gain to arrange trips with various tour people and taxi drivers, who are all willing to help.
He offers an excellent breakfast with anything you could really want or need.
The folks with whom he works from Antonio of Yucatan Outdoors to Artemio a taxicab driver were all very pleasant people who provided excellent cost effective trips.
thank you to all!
Frankly, staying in Tulum with Tom was one of my best experiences in Mexico. A country I visit on a regular basis with my expatriate Mexican spouse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada Luna del Sur is a delightful small boutique hotel of 12 private suites, which has earned praise for excellence value, service, comfort and quality from travelers around the world. The suites are graciously proportioned and lovingly appointed. Immaculately maintained suites include; king size or double bed sleeping accommodations (roll-away beds available for parties of three on request) cozy sitting area, balcony or patio area, mini fridge, unlimited bottled water, ceiling fans, A/C, security safe, cable TV, free WiFi hotspot, hot water and our signature a la carte breakfast inspire care-free times and peaceful dreams. Our hotel is focused on value, service, comfort and quality. We believe you can still stay at a quality boutique hotel in Tulum, without breaking your bank. A gem in the Riviera Maya, we invite you to come and discover why. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Posada Luna del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Luna Del Sur Hotel Tulum
- Posada Luna Del Sur Tulum