Well, where do I start. This hotel is fine, but not extraordinary from the outside. Once you come inside however, it wins you over, in a very comfortable way.
The entire hotel is is immaculate, both in the common areas as well as our room. It's extremely clean, has all the amenities anyone would need, the king size bed is soooo comfortable and is a home away from home at the end of busy day in the Tulum area.
Tom, the owner, is so down to earth, and is the type of person that makes you feel like family, not just another hotel guest. He has a lot of helpful advice, and will make arrangements in renting a bicycle, getting a taxi, where to shop or finding the best guide in the area (all these apply to our stay of 4 nights).
On our early morning departure tour with Antonio of Yucatan Outdoors (whom Tom recommended, and we can't speak more highly of) he had left yogurt, granola and fruit in our fridge in the room, because we were going to miss the amazing free breakfast on the rooftop patio that is included each day of our stay.
Speaking of the rooftop patio, not only is it the place for all the guests to have breakfasts (hot breakfasts like enchiladas and chilaquiles, a bowl of fresh fruit, yogurt, granola, coffee, egg dishes, toast, fresh squeezed orange juice and others) included for free with the room, but to listen to the sounds of Tulum with nice background music from the ipod in the music player. We found it very nice to hang out there as well in the evening, and meet other guests.
On this holiday in the Riviera Maya, my husband and I stayed in 4 hotels over 13 nights from Tulum to Isla Mujeres. This hotel stands out easily as our favourite hotel. We truly hope we can return in the near future!
Gracias, Tom and all the wonderful people at the Posada who made our vacation in Mexico so memorable!
Cynthia and Scott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada Luna del Sur is a delightful small boutique hotel of 12 private suites, which has earned praise for excellence value, service, comfort and quality from travelers around the world. The suites are graciously proportioned and lovingly appointed. Immaculately maintained suites include; king size or double bed sleeping accommodations (roll-away beds available for parties of three on request) cozy sitting area, balcony or patio area, mini fridge, unlimited bottled water, ceiling fans, A/C, security safe, cable TV, free WiFi hotspot, hot water and our signature a la carte breakfast inspire care-free times and peaceful dreams. Our hotel is focused on value, service, comfort and quality. We believe you can still stay at a quality boutique hotel in Tulum, without breaking your bank. A gem in the Riviera Maya, we invite you to come and discover why. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Posada Luna del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Luna Del Sur Hotel Tulum
- Posada Luna Del Sur Tulum