We came to the Beach Tulum for our honeymoon for 10 nights in sept/oct. We had a fantastic time and would definitely recommend the hotel. Our room was beautiful, right on the beach, with amazing views (even from the shower!). We had a rooftop terrace with hot tub and sun loungers which was brilliant. The room was always really well cleaned, with cute towel art.
We arrived a couple of days after a bad storm, which we think had damaged the roof of the Ziggy beach restaurant, as this was closed for our stay. This was initially really disappointing for us, as eating/drinking by the beach was one of the main attractions for us. However, we soon realised that the staff are so fantastic that they will always find a way to arrange whatever you want to do / need. For example, on our first night we had a special full moon dinner by the beach, and had a special table set up the outdoor restaurant a couple of times, and ate on the porch in our room. The food was fantastic, and we ate almost all of our meals in the hotel. The lobby area of the hotel is great, although we found it a bit dark in the daytime. The pools are also always lovely and clean.
We loved Tulum, and went on some great trips whilst we were there. We would especially recommend Yucatan adventure tours for a trip to Sian Kann, and the Calypso Dive center for snorkeling. Both were fantastic, and were recommended by the hotel.
Just a few tips for the hotel which would help improve the experience for others:
- We stayed in a deluxe, superior room, which was great, however we would have loved to have a hammock (as the cheaper rooms did), I don't think it would be too difficult to hook one up.
-When we checked in we would have appreciated more info on the hotel e.g. that the Ziggy outdoor restaurant was closed- as we were really disappointed to stumble across it and realise it wasn't going to open during our stay
- A few times to planned hotel activities were a bit confusing. We soon realised that they aren't automatically put on- you need to ask for them (e.g. the ceviche class on Sunday afternoon)- again would have been useful to know this on check in
The above are all very minor points and we would definitely recommend the hotel. All of the staff were so welcoming and friendly. The area is also brilliant, I almost cried when we had to leave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beach Tulum is a small adult-only upscale boutique hotel with 20 specially designed rooms for your enjoyment. Our new eco-friendly hotel has many special amenities to make your stay comfortable. We offer 8 Deluxe Superior rooms with 1 King size bed 12 Deluxe rooms with 1 King size bed (6 Ground Floor & 6 First Floor) All Deluxe Superior/ Deluxe rooms are beach front and have access to a tropical garden & pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, MrandMrsSmith, Priceline, Odigeo and HostelBookers so you can book your The Beach Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.