“I didn't want to like a vegan restaurant but.....” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican, Organic, Fusion, Healthy, Vegan
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Author vegan cuisine, supporting local products and farmers, inspired in permaculture and pursuing sustainable development all served with love in tulum's jungle, few steps from the beach.
New York City, New York
“I didn't want to like a vegan restaurant but.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Ok first off, as someone who has never eaten at a vegan restaurant before I was not very excited to be going to one on my vacation. Wow have I been converted! The food was Excellent and wasn't crazy expensive like a lot of Tulum restaurants. The tacos with black beans and their house habanero sauce is SO good! I can't believe the taco filling is soy. They also had a coconut ceviche special that was delicious. Will return next time I'm in Tulum!

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A dining highlight of our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

My family really enjoyed this restaurant. I found it on Trip Advisor (thanks reviewers) and was intrigued enough to convince our family of 6 to give it a try - and so glad we did. Everyone enjoyed their meals, from our kids to our parents. The coconut ceviche is spectacular, but all of us raved about the wonderful combination of flavors in each of the meals we selected. I have to echo other reviewers and rate this as one of our best meals in Tulum. Bring bug spray for nightfall.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego, California
“Healthy, Creative...and Delicious!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Trip Advisor brought me here....thanks! And the reviews were right, this place was good! We stopped in for lunch, and ordered three different items, so we could try new things. The Veggie Tacos were my favorite, and the food was not only tasty, and creatively prepared, it was also served on clay plates, which added to the excellent "Eco", Healthy atmosphere that this great spot represents. The service was excellent too, and our server was very knowledgeable about the food and enthusiastic as well about the healthy food being made and served here. We ordered the Yummy Banana bread for dessert too, and it was excellent! There are a few misquotes hanging out here since it is on the jungle side of the road, so bring some repellent with you ! But its worth it, so definitely go!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Irvine, California
“Delicious food with friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

My partner and I had lunch here one day during our week-long getaway and it was one of our favorite meals we had in Tulum. To start we had the coconut ceviche which was absolutely amazing and for entrees I had the tofu stack w/ saffron rice and he had the salbutes (see photos). To drink I had a tamarind, lime with habanero and he had the papaya, pineapple and mint. All served up by a friendly waiter who burned locally sourced mosquito repellant next to our table and also gave us a bottle of homemade insect repellant to use which was great because insects love to bite me.

Overall the food & drinks + the service + the ambiance were all A's in our book. We would've came back for dinner but it was a bit far from our hotel that we had to cab it there since we didn't have bikes to ride over. Totally worth the experience, even for non-vegans. I think everyone will appreciate how refreshing the food and drinks are, especially with the heat and humidity down there.

NY
“Deeeeelicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Eating in Tulum as a vegetarian has proven easy, but having a vegan restaurant is a lovely bonus. Dinner for two in this gorgeous setting was super tasty and good value. I think we spent about $60 for three courses and a cocktail each. The appetizer tacos bibil, based on a local dish of aged pork, is one of the best dishes I have ever eaten (vegetarian for 30+ years). There were 3 big tacos, enough for a main course really. I had the tofu for my main which was delicate and good looking dish but the tacos had blown my mind. The oyster mushroom ceviche appetizer was also outstanding. Dessert was delicious too, chocolate cake, and a raw truffle. Amazing.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere