“Really nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Malquerida

La Malquerida
Calle Centauro Sur Local 1 Esquina. Avenida Tulum Colonia Centro | Restaurante Cantina, Tulum 77780, Mexico
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 252 Restaurants in Tulum
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar, Seafood, Coffee Shop, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurante- Cantina.Mexican food (tacos, quesadillas, stuffed jalapenos, guacamole, tostadas, fajitas and nachos)Seafood (fish fillet, shrimp, lobster and octopus)Caribbean food (ceviche, shrimp cocktail or tuna salad)Grill (roast pork Mayan style, grilled chicken, roast beef and arrachera)and more ...Cantina bar (tropical cocktails. Margarita, mojitos, pina colada, caipirinha and more ... Natural Juices, beer, red and white wine)Terrace with garden view, living room, outdoor tables.Bar with swings.Sports bar. tv. flat screen. hd.Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.coffee and tea. espresso, cappuccino, hot cholate
New York City, New York
“Really nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I previously lived some years in Cancun and my family has a place just outside Tulum. I usually visit multiple times a year and I think the first time I came here was around 1999. Not claiming ownership at all, but I've seen the place grow.

I feel like Malquerida represents everything awesome that Tulum is becoming and will be. The food is just nice, quality Mexican food. Its not purely Yucatecan - the tacos, which are excellent, are DF style. The service is good - the night we were there they fell behind a little but the place was crowded and the staff was aware they were behind and got it fixed before our main course came out.

This is a place you will find tourists and locals. I felt great after my meal and its situated just down one of these more recently developed little side streets off of Avenida Tulum.

Check it out. Nice people and good food. Very professional.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Fantastic service and delicious food- we'll be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We happened to walk past this place and thought we'd give it a try as it was much cheaper than the vegetarian restaurant next door (element).

The waiters were so friendly and attentive and the food was delicious! My friend had prawn ceviche with enough prawns on it to sink a ship! There is a really nice atmosphere outside too. Definitely give it a try!

“Best mojitos in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic dinner here. We received a very warm welcome from the friendly staff and sat in their atmospheric outdoor area. We tried an array of cocktails from the menu and all were amazing- in particular the mojitos! The food was fantastic authentic Mexican cuisine. The four of us had different meals and all were tasty and delicious. If you're a spice fan - ask for their extra hot sauce with your meal! It was hard to tear ourselves away from this place and left with friendly hugs and handshakes from our waiters. If you are in tulum try your very best to eat here - it's a great experience.

Tulum, Mexico
“The best restaurant in Tulum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

La Malquerida is a brilliant restaurant. Great food, great cocktails, great service and fantastic prices. We ate here three times whilst we were in Tulum and it was easily the best place we found. If I could give it six blobs, I would.

You can have a dinner for two, with two or three rounds of drinks, for about $500. The Tacos, Nachos, Alambre, Fajitas, Quesadillas and Camarones are all excellent. The waiters are friendly and charming. If you like meat, beer, cheese and chilies, this is definitely the place.

• Visited January 2013
“Great time tonight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We came here with my friends tonight and had a great time. I recommend this place for its nice atmosphere and the excellent service. The waiter was without a doubt the most charming one we ve met so far.

• 4 of 5 stars Food