We spent a wonder 10 days in La Zebra, Tulum, last year in August (2012) and I have to say we were pleasantly surprised about the cabanas!
We had a beach side (not beach front) cabanas still on the beach/sand, but not directly in front of the ocean to have an ocean view. However, the cabana was beautifully decorated with 2 double beds, netting on both, the living space was quite large for a cabana on the beach and the bathroom (although a bit on the small side) had a great flow and very, very clean!
We would not hesitate to go back to La Zebra, although it can get a little pricey with children (we traveled with 2 ages 10 and 13). They do not offer any breakfast specials included in the price of the room, so everything you want to purchase is extra and that can add up pretty quickly.
We tried their restaurant on the premises for both breakfast and dinner and although the food was really good on both occasions, the prices can get up there.
But it is on a great stretch of beach and you would not regret staying there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated directly on the beach in a historic former coconut plantation, the family-run La Zebra offers a vibrant and rustic destination among Tulum hotels, where authentic Mexican culture and cuisine infuse every facet of your stay. Escape to an intimate Tulum Mexico hotel best described as stylish and jungle-chic, with thatched roofs and colorful hammocks, coco palms swaying in the breeze, and warm Caribbean waters lapping at the shore just a few sandy steps away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your La Zebra Hotel, Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Zebra Hotel, Tulum Hotel Tulum
- La Zebra Beach Cabanas Hotel
- La Zebra Beach Cabanas Resort
- La Zebra Tulum