“Magical Beach Oasis” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Ahau Tulum to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Ahau Tulum
Carretera a Boca Paila Km 7.5 Tulum beach zone., Tulum, Mexico (Formerly Esmeralda-K)   |
Special Price
15% de descuento
Ranked #3 of 76 Hotels in Tulum
Los Angeles, California
“Magical Beach Oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My girlfriend and I attended a magical wedding at Ahau Tulum and I could not have been more pleased with the resort. While simple and eco-friendly the resort had everything you could ask for and we thoroughly enjoyed our five-day stay. Our room was on the second floor with a gorgeous view of the ocean and our balcony was very private with neatly situated palm trees to block the view from the beach. The staff was friendly and accommodating, the food was impeccable (including the awesome raw bar) and the morning yoga is must! I highly recommend Ahau to anyone travelling in the area!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are wonderful!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hello!

We want to thank you for such a nice review about Ahau. We are also happy because you enjoyed your room and our staff service as well as the restaurant food and yoga. Thank you for recommending us and we hope to see you back in Ahau soon!!!

Warm Regards,

Arturo Soto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My friends and I were looking for the perfect place for our girls getaway and Ahau hit the mark. It was fabulous, comfortable but not too stuffy and none of that "all inclusive resort" vibe, yack!!

Ahau had all the amenities of a major resort (spa, beachside and room service, transportation, bike rentals etc.) without any of the fuss and commercialization that comes with those terrible places.The hotel felt disconnected, rustic, homey, chill but with a touch of refinement. Every staff member we encountered, including Arturo, Jill, Marco, Allison and Pamela, all the servers and security were an absolute dream to be around. They truly believe in Tulum's vision and embody the energy that the area holds.

Rooms are the perfect size, clean, beautifully decorated, safe, comfortable and perfectly located right in front of the water. Bathrooms are an excellent size and showers are gorgeous!

Beach is clean and the lounge chairs are perfect for sunbathing.

As if this place wasn't great enough, the food was some of the best we had while visiting Tulum. We loved hanging out by the bar on the sand drinking tequila and munching on some delectable ceviche!

Highly recommended for girls trip, family or couples vacation. No other place like it and by far the best hotel in town. Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the beach and if you have the budget, splurge on one with an AC...worth every penny...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Hello!

I was a pleasure to attend you here in Ahau! We are very happy to hear that we fulfilled your expectations and that your girl’s trip was a success. All the staff that you mentioned and all Ahau’s family will be waiting for your next visit to Tulum and be sure that you will be attended even better than this last time. We thank you for all the good comments about the food and restaurant as well as the rooms, see you back here soon!!

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I joined TripAdvisor just to write a review of this place. That's how much I enjoyed it. This was simply one of the most gorgeous, friendly places I've ever been. As soon as we arrived, Marco greeted us like we were family and got us some beds and put them in a shady spot for us. Nothing was forced or uncomfortable; we were simply made to feel like we belonged. The beach is gorgeous, as all beaches in the area probably are. What sets this one apart is the service and the food. Oh, the food! You have to try the shrimp tacos. They are very good but the standout is the pineapple chipotle salsa. A little bit of heaven. Also, ask for a coconut. They will bring you a coconut with a straw for about $5. When you're done, ask them to chop it up for you. They'll bring you the coconut meat on a plate with some delicious chili lime rub. Perfect days at the beach. Never better.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Hello!

We want to thank you for the great review you recently posted. We thank you because you took the time to sign up only to mention great things about Marco and our service and food. Be sure that anytime you come back to visit Ahau you will be attended as you deserve and will be pampered again.

Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I spent the last two nights of our honeymoon at Ahau Tulum and had an incredible time! Everything from the check-in (where we received a complimentary mimosa) to the delicious restaurant food to the cleanliness of our room was perfect. We had an incredible view from our bed of the beach and an adorable porch overlooking the ocean. Simply breathtaking. Filtered water was provided which was a relief to both my husband and I. And the drinks....wow! I definitely enjoyed the Coco Mojito most! Our room had its own designated cabana, which was great to shield some of the intense sun after a dip in the ocean. The whole place has this charm about it that's almost indescribable. You'll just have to go experience it for yourself! My husband and I were extremely pleased with our time at Ahau and we will highly recommend it to anyone who asks!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello!

It is great to hear that you spend the two last nights of your honeymoon with us and that your experience was breathtaking. We are glad that you enjoyed your suite in front of the ocean and the beach bed as well. As we can see the service was as you expected and the charm and tranquility of our hotel delighted you. Thank you for all the great comments and we hope to see you soon in your second honeymoon back here in Tulum and in Ahau!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had a wonderful time with my dad at Ahau. This has to be one of the most relaxing holidays of my life.
The place is absolutely beautiful... you really feel like you have arrived in a tranquil paradise! the softest, whitest sand - meticulously cleaned most days by the groundsmen. I never wore shoes at Ahau and my feet felt so free! Little pools of water everywhere meant you could clean your feet before going into your room which was very thoughtful. I love that most of the place is built from natural materials.
Then, the wonderful receptionists! Ari, Jill and Pamela were all absolutely great and made the stay a pleasure. They were always happy to help with anything and gave us great recommendations on what to see and where to eat. Shout out to David who was the nicest and best waiter! I really appreciated that he encouraged me to practice my Spanish. Also I would thoroughly recommend the yoga - but prepare to sweat! Yoga instructor Anette has to be one of the loveliest people I have ever met, and the best instructor I've had. It is a wonderful location to practice yoga. Followed by a refreshing swim in the caribbean and a fresh juice, it was the perfect way to start your day. Also the raw food bar was great - the 'pizza' was amazing. Wish I had tried more from the menu.
One of my favourite things about Tulum was the night sky. Go on to the beach and just stare at the stars. There was no light pollution, not even the moon! I have never seen so many stars - the milky way is a huge arc across the sky. Magical.

There are a few simple areas of improvement that I think could make Ahau a lot better and would make me really want to come back. There isn't a bar area, which was a shame as it can be a good place to hang out and meet other guests. It would be good if the drinks area on the beach had bar stools, and also if they played some music, maybe Mexican music so you know you are in Mexico! Nothing crazy but a livelier atmosphere at the beach sometimes would have been good. Also, the alcoholic cocktails were not strong enough. They barely seemed to have any alcohol in them sometimes, which isn't ideal when they aren't cheap. When I asked for the cocktail to be 'mas fuerte' it seemed to be exactly the same. Also I think you should have more fresh fruit available... the breakfast fruit platter wasn't as generous as some of the other places in Tulum. I eat a lot of fruit and when it's so good (bought some amazing dragon fruit and mini bananas in Tulum pueblo) would be good to have more at the hotel.
Also my dad mentioned that you could maybe do more about the flies / mosquitos. Other places burned stuff (leaves?) to keep the flies away and it worked pretty well. Also, no need for the thick duvet - just a sheet will do when it is that hot and humid. Be aware that by 9.30 pm the place was very quiet, and by 10 most have gone to bed. This is a place for early nights! :-)

If you want to recharge your batteries, and be in one of the most unspoilt beach areas I have ever been to, a short distance from amazing Mayan ruins, Tulum and Ahau is for you. I will have amazing memories from this trip for a long time :-)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hello!

We want to thank you for the great review you recently posted about Ahau Tulum and also because you are sharing this with our future guests, therefore, they will have a better view of where are they going to spend their next vacations. We are committed to fulfill all of our guests needs and we are always working to exceed their expectations. We are very happy to hear that Jill, Ari, Pamela and David offered you an excellent service and that you enjoyed the nights and days on Tulum's beach. We will be very attentive on your suggestions to improve and be sure we will work on that. All of our staff will be waiting for you with open arms when you come back to Ahau with stronger drinks for sure!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We just returned from a week trip this August and Ahua Tulum gets my vote for a must return place. As a big foodie, I appreciate that Ahua Tulum's restaurant manager Marco runs an outstanding place, making every guest feel like a VIP and ever waiter there was so friendly, always smiling and looking after us. Some of the very best meals of the vacation where right here, so don't miss the grilled octopus and mango margaritas. We went for a gals only retreat and felt safe and pampered our entire stay; walking home on the beach in the evenings from neighboring restaurants was no problem. Go for an air conditioned room if you visit in August; know that you will encounter a bit of seaweed on the beach this time of year, which they bury to build up new beach, and take some bug wipes as mosquitoes do come a calling at sunset. The place is spotless and beautiful; the caretakers shift the sandy around the resort each morning keeping it pristine. I will book a ground floor master suite for a return visit because of the added area to lounge and soak in the view from your own big bungalow porch. The plus of going in August is the place is a bit more laid back, easy to get a good table to dine at all the local favorites and massage appointments at the Mayan Clay Spa too. We had outstanding weather and were cool on the breezy beach all day, making frequent trips to the ocean to swim. It is easy to order a cold beer or lunch delivered to your lounger too, so get ready for dazzling scenery and great creature comforts at this eco-friendly resort. The other plus of a Master Suite is you have a covered lounger reserved just for you during your stay so there is no jockeying to get a lounge chair if you get to the beach at lunch time. Visiting the ruins of Tulum is also super easy by cab from this resort and they will call you one at your leisure to go. Ended up being less expensive and faster than going by bike too. My traveling companion loved the yoga classes at Ahau. One last nice amenity is they provide you with a ceramic container of good drinking water in your room, so no need to run buy bottled water, you can bring a traveling water bottle and keep it replenished for excursions.

Room Tip: The further away you can book from the main dining room and hub of the resort, the quieter it will b...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Hello!

It is always gratifying to hear that our guests had a wonderful experience in Ahau. We want to thank you for the great comments about Marco and the hotel staff as well as the food and drinks. We will be waiting for you with the master suite beach level ready for your comfort. In addition, we are glad to hear that our maintenance crew did their job of maintaining the beach and pathways sand pristine as it has to be all the time. Once again, thank you!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I really really liked this place. Neither of us had been to Tulum before so we weren't sure what to expect. At first we were apprehensive when told that the hotel generated its own electricity and we couldn't turn on the A/C until 8pm. But a few hours lounging by the ocean and all apprehensions melted away. What followed was probably the most peaceful, relaxing, and enjoyable 3 days we've had in a long time. The level of service provided by the restaurant staff is superb, as is the food and drink.

My wife did yoga in the mornings and we spent the days lounging my the ocean, snorkeling in nearby cenotes, and exploring the ruins in Coba. We can't say enough nice things about Ahau, it is a fantastic little hotel and a perfect location for deep relaxation in Tulum.

Room Tip: Get one of the cabanas that's closest to the ocean, you'll get your own beach chair setup re...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello!

We are delighted to hear that you experienced one of the most peaceful and relaxing 3 days in a long time here in Ahau. We want to thank you for such a nice review and we are very happy to hear that our level of service surpassed your expectations as well as the food and drinks. We would like to see you back here in Tulum and in Ahau for your next relaxation trip!

Arturo Soto

Been to Ahau Tulum? Share your experiences!