“Absolutely Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ahau Tulum

You added Ahau Tulum to your Saves list
Ahau Tulum
Carretera a Boca Paila Km 7.5 Tulum beach zone., Tulum, Mexico (Formerly Esmeralda-K)   |
Ranked #2 of 77 Hotels in Tulum
Beverly Hills, California
“Absolutely Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed in Tulum at Ahau for 4 nights starting last Monday. I had high expectations based on the reviews on TA but my preconception was not close to the realization.

I stayed in a guest room and that was a great way to go for the price! The staff was unbelievably friendly and accomodating. The landscaping of the grounds were beautiful and the food was the best I have ever had in Mexico.

Pepe, the GM there, was so nice. He gave me a lift one day to town when he noticed I had been waiting for a while for a collectivo. He also said hi all the time and asked how things were.

What an experience. The beach was awesome and I will be back for sure.

DO NOT CONSIDER ANY OTHER PLACE TO STAY IN TULUM. YOUR WORK IS DONE. STAY HERE. YOU WILL BE VERY HAPPY YOU DID!

Thanks to Pepe, Edgar, Jamie, Joaquin and Iris!

Room Tip: Just ask and they will tell you.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Ahau T, Gerente at Ahau Tulum, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Hola,

The fact that we are a small hotel give us the great oportunity to meet almost all of our guest, it is our pleasure to serve you and try to help in any way we can.

We really appreciate the great review and also the comment about the food in our restaurant, we have been trying new dishes and make sure our menu has something for everybody.

We hope to see you soon back in Tulum.

Gracias

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Oh my, where to begin? Ahau Tulum is such a magical place to spend a vacation. They are accommodating and aim to make your vacation the best. The rooms are comfortable and exotic, the view is breath-taking, the staff is kind and helpful, and good vibes circle the entire area. I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody, it has everything you would want to relax and have a stress free vacation. It stands to be one of the most beautiful places and adventures I have ever been a part of. I truly feel blessed for having been able to experience its beauty.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
PepeEscalante, Manager at Ahau Tulum, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Hola!

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at Ahau. It is our pleasure to provide you with a relaxing, comfortable accomodation in an already beautiful environment. The staff and guests together create the good vibes that keep this place going. Thank you for choosing Ahau, please come back and see us again soon. Many blessings.
Venice, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Ahau Tulum provided one of the softest landings I have ever had in all of my travels. Beyond the fact that the beaches were divine, with soft sand, perfect water, and gorgeous skies, the accommodations were amazing. Gorgeous structures with soft linens and great pillows. I stayed in a junior suite on the second floor with breathtaking views from the balcony. Hammocks and comfortable chairs all over the property, delicious food, and an incredible staff. Everyone was wonderfully accommodating, and so very polite. I felt like I was in heaven.

David and Milana (the owners) have created an exquisite sanctuary, and Inez (the guest relations manager) was a kind and welcoming host. I cannot thank them enough, and I cannot wait to return.

Perfection!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
PepeEscalante, Manager at Ahau Tulum, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Hola Christina!

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

These guys are amazing. The accommodations are beautiful, the staff is incredible and the experience unforgettable. It has a unique vibe - you feel like you're family when you stay there. The staff and owners are very present and engaging. I stayed there for several days and couldn't have felt more welcome or taken care of. The food is awesome too!

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
PepeEscalante, General Manager at Ahau Tulum, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Hola!

We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay. So glad you had such a wonderful experience! Thank you for choosing Ahau, and please come back and see us again really soon.

Gracias!!
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Let me start by telling you that Ahau was the magical place that landed in front of us when the time came to pick for the place where we would get married....
Ahau Tulum gave us everything and so much more than we could even imagine! Ines is their event planner, her work was impeccable, committed and with a touch of perfectionism. I sent her pictures of "Ideas" and she re created everything with detail, beyond what I even cared it to be. The Mayan priest she put us in contact with was truly amazing, so full of love and so real.
Ahau gave us a home for almost 2 weeks, from the beginning my friends, my family and I all felt so comfortable there. The crew is fun, friendly and hard working... All with a smile taking care of us, serving us and having some fun with us as well.
The restaurant has, a part from a great crew of people, such good food! Healthy and delicious, just like I like it!!!
The vibe in Ahau is laid back but hard working. The hotel is rustic and elegant at the same time.
If you're looking for a place to have your wedding I really wouldn't hesitate... This is the place! they'll treat your friends an family like their own and they'll create a beautiful day all around for it to be your perfect, special day!

If you're wondering if you should stay there for your vacation... Well, I think you will find all you need at Ahau Tulum. A little extra... Mauricio, the guy with the paddle boards and kite surfing instructor is so sweet and so passionate about what he does! Don't miss renting a paddle board and going out with him...

Hope you find this helpful and if you stay there, I really think you will have as much fun and pleasure as I did.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hola Shawn!

Your words are as beautiful as your wedding was...well almost..it was a spectacular event. Thank you for choosing Ahau for your special day and taking the time to write about your experience. Your group brought a little extra magic to the hotel. We wish you the best in this next chapter of your life and look forward to your return. Many blessings!
palm Springs,ca.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

someone told us we didn't need shoes, they were right, the hour- glass sand underfoot was like silk. the ease of the place was as lush as the surrounding jungle. You are swept away to a simpler, cozy, yet plush, setting, complete with ancient Mayan pyramids, mystery, turquoise, crystal-clear ,warm ocean,.. gentle, and alive with living coral reefs. we walked for hours at midnight, safely, on the dark beach,only lit by the full moon, the warm waters lapping at our ankles, ...the remoteness apparent.Silence,... No lights, tiki torches for illumination, no giant corporate hotels, fresh fish speared by the staff cooked on the fire... REALLY? I ascended during my moments spent here, ..yes,..it was that good.

Room Tip: its all good bottom floor might be cooler and less full sun, fans over beds should have a setting f...
Hola!

What a lovely review! Thank you so much for sharing your experience...it is a magical place, isn´t it? We have worked hard to maintain the natural beauty of Tulum while providing a comfortable stay. Please come back and see us again soon.
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

A beautiful luxury and romantic spot with a great restaurant and lovely staff.. I will stay there again! The rooms on beach are stunning..I stayed and their suites and I recommend them for anyone looking for a balance of posh and rustic ....

Hola!

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again really soon. Thank you for taking the time to comment on your positive experience here at Ahau.

Been to Ahau Tulum? Share your experiences!