“New address for La Vongola!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Tulum, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New address for La Vongola!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Just as an upgrade:
This magnificent Italian restaurant was closed for the last two months due to a change of location and now is open again!!, new location over the main Tulum Av. between Beta and Osiris North.
Same excellent service and delicious food in a way better atmosphere!

• Visited November 2012

Chetumal, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Seafood Pasta I've Eaten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

GREAT GREAT FOOD!! Pasta is hand-made, seafood is fresh and the owner and his wife are great people! They are in the process of moving to a new more central location so stay tuned. If you are in Tulum you MUST eat here!

NYC
“WOW. Best italian hands down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Im a foodie from NYC so its not easy to impress me. I went to Posada Margherita after all the reviews and yeah the food was good but Lucca @ La Vongola beat them hands down.

The food is incredibly fresh and simply perfect. They seem to use simple ingredients in a way that creates complex and complimentary flavors. Even their bruchetta was something to mention... the bread was perfect, the seasoning, the tomato....

We had pasta dishes, the fruta de mar.... WOW! His pasta is better than Mario Batali's.

Located on the road across from Chedraui. Excellent food you will not be disappointed!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“TA reviewers sometimes really get it right!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I am often sceptical of restaurant reviews on TA. Reality is most people have a tendency to provide good reviews. So much so that if you went by TA reviews alone you would think the world was filled with 3 Michelin star restaurants… Sometimes, however, TA reviews can help you find a gem you would not have otherwise even noticed. So it is for La Vongola. Opened recently, I read its excellent reviews on TA and was curious… I drove past it numerous times and the place was not at all appealing… but ultimately convinced my wife to give it a try in light of the great reviews.

Let me start by saying that if you are looking for ambiance, romantic setting etc., this place is not for you. The location is, quite frankly, horrible (for a restaurant). You are basically eating in the parking lot of a little strip mall on the main road that connects Tulum Pueblo to the beach. Nothing romantic here… But if you can get over that and great Italian food is what you are seeking, then I can’t think of a better place in Tulum.

After sitting down, the Italian owner/chef, Luca came by and explained the menu (basically lots of sea food and home-made pastas and a few other Italian dishes). He also suggested we try one of his Mojitos… I make an awesome Mojito so decided we would take him up on the offer and compare… My wife said his were better and I have to humbly agree. I then ordered a tuna carpaccio (Luca told me the tuna was not sourced locally but was extremely good). The carpaccio was to die for. Not only was the tuna delicious and sliced to perfection but the condiment was outstanding. We both then had home-made pasta – my wife with lobster, me “todo de mar” (all sea food). WOW!!! Outstanding! Fantastic! I promise, I’m Italian and love my pasta and would never say this unless it was really great… made us forget about the poor setting.

We are going to a Cuban salsa band concert in town tonight… Guess where we’ll be eating beforehand? Yes, back to La Vongola for seconds… I also plan to try to convince Luca that he has to change location...

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stockholm, Sweden
“Deliciuos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

After a walk to shopping center, we stayed and take a drink. We were the only persons in the restaurant at the time. After drink we shop a little more and come back for a meal. It was the best meal on our two week stay. Good service and perfect food, it was stunning. We will come back when we arrive next time, that's for sure!

• Visited March 2012