“We went back.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Encantada Beachfront Boutique Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tulum
Encantada Beachfront Boutique Hotel
You added Encantada Beachfront Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Beach Road | 8.7 km on the Boca Paila Rd., Tulum, Mexico (Formerly Encantada Eco Resort Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 77 Hotels in Tulum
Texas
“We went back.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

And it was just as we remembered.

Great place. Calm, relaxed and genteel, with a dose of romance thrown in.

One qualification: we stayed in both the beachfront upper and lower units. Cielo and Arena, I believe. Anyway, they are essentially identical, but the lower unit has a significant amount of noise from the upper unit floor, at least in comparison to the quiet of the upper. Also, the path to the beach goes fairly closely by the front of Arena and it can be somewhat jarring to hear people speaking as they go by, at least after spending a few days in the comparative solitude and quiet of Cielo. In the future, I would probably prefer any of the three other beachfront units.

The restaurant seems to have undergone a slight menu change since our last visit. We had empanadas a couple of times, and they were tremendous. The "continental" breakfast remains as a stellar start to the day, and Carlos is a wonderful asset to the place.

Wifi needs some work, but honestly, I don't know that I care. I don't come to Encantada to work or stay connected. I come to Encantada to relax and enjoy the company of my beautiful wife, and it delivers those objectives with deep satisfaction.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
lisa m, Owner at Encantada Beachfront Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Thank you so much for another wonderful review and especially being our 100th review! I'm so glad we did not disappoint for your second visit. We are very fortunate to have wonderful guests such as yourselves. I hope you and your wife will be able return and stay with us for another relaxing and romantic vacation in the not too distant future.
All the Best!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

The name of the resort means Enchanted and that is without question a perfect description of the place. My husband and I recently spent four magical nights at Encantada and felt as though we'd landed in paradise. The rooms were romantic and beautifully constructed. We enjoyed both an Oceanview, Sol and Beach Front Upper, Estrella with the same layout and though Sol was slightly setback from the ocean, we preferred it, being close enough to have a view and hear the waves. The restaurant serves Mayan cuisine and the meals were outstanding some of the best we had and we ate at the top restaurants, whether dining al fresco or inside the quiet bar/dining area. The service was friendly, attentive and first rate. The last half of the week we stayed at a resort on the beach and in retrospect felt that Encantada would have been worth the extra money and overall was a far better deal. If you would like to escape to a quiet oasis, we have no hesitation recommending this charming boutique get away. We hope you find it as enchanting as the name promises.

Room Tip: The best value for the money was Sol, close enough to the ocean, with a slightly less expensive pric...
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Everything about this small boutique hotel was simply understated and elegant.
Upon entering Encantada, I was greeted by the warmth and hospitality of its remarkable staff, the hush of the surroundings and the smell and sound of the ocean. My stay started with a delicious welcome cocktail. I was shown to my lovely private room which was appointed with all that was necessary for this chic rustic vacation. The lovely beach is just a few simple steps away. You are surrounded by the beauty of nature. Their restaurant is quaint, small and charming and the food is just superb. Carlos who served me my heavenly breakfast every morning, makes one feel like family. The breakfasts are lavish, and are included with the room - although after the third day, it felt slightly repetitious to have the same exact thing as 2 days before. A little variation, even a slight one, would have been nice.
All in all, this was a wonderful experience which I hope to repeat again.
Many thanks to all the staff, in particular, Javier, Carlos and Maria, for their gracious hospitality. Thank you also to Lisa M who helped with my reservations with courtesy professionalism and promptness.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I had wanted to go to Tulum for a long time and when we finally made the decision to make the trip I did a lot of research on where to stay. I must admit originally this was not my first choice but having stayed there now if I ever return to Tulum, I would not want to stay anywhere else. This hotel is in many ways my idea of perfection for a relaxing beach holiday, that said it may not appeal to everybody. There is a real emphasis in Tulum on eco friendly tourism, in this hotel there is no air conditioning in the rooms and the electricity is limited – that said it wasn’t a problem for us at all.

We visited in May and stayed in one of the rooms on the top floor at the front of the hotel – the name of the room was “Estrella”. I think there were 8 rooms in total but that is the room I would choose if I stayed again. We could literally see the sun rising over the ocean from our bed in the morning. I was apprehensive about being somewhere hot and tropical and not having air conditioning but it was not a problem at all - the sea breeze through our screen door kept the room at a perfect temperature.

If you are looking for a lot of atmosphere or a social clientele this hotel may not be what you are looking for. It seemed to be couples relaxing, wanting peace and quiet. That was perfect for us. The beach at the front of the hotel is AMAZING! One of, if not the best I’ve ever seen! They will bring drinks to you through-out the day but if there is nobody at the beach to take your order it really is a matter of meters to walk to the bar and order drinks.

The restaurant and bar are quite small. We particularly liked the breakfast they did. We ate at the restaurant for dinner once and admittedly the food was great, but it is also was not cheap and lacked atmosphere.

One of the things we loved doing of an afternoon was taking the bikes that were on offer from the hotel for a leisurely ride up the long road that runs parallel to the beach behind the hotel. If you are into food there are some great restaurants in Tulum we loved Hartwood, Casa Banana and Lila’s to name a few.

Room Tip: "Estrella" would be our pick of all the rooms available.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews we were not disappointed by this beautiful boutique hotel. Set right on the beach with lovely rooms and a cute dining area, we were relaxed immediately. The food is the star of the show here - delicious ceviche and a great breakfast served by the wonderful Carlos. All the staff are friendly and attentive but leave you to enjoy the fantastic Tulum experience. Highly recommended and it was hard to leave!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

It was our first time in Tulum and we had no idea what to expect. Encantada provided the best experience imaginable. The staff are so accommodating and good-humored it was contagious. I lost my green card on the way there from Cancun and they went above and beyond to help me relocate it. I got the mayan cocoa body scrub one day and the deep tissue massage the next which were both amazing. The cocoa body scrub is a weird experience as they wrap you in plastic to absorb the nutrients. My boyfriend thought that sensation was a bit uncomfortable but I love the smell of the chocolate and they scrub you with sugar and honey first which leaves your skin feeling really smooth after.

The food at Encantada, we thought, was better than most of the other restaurants we ate at. The mango fish tacos are divine. And if you don't want the mango you can substitute another sauce from the menu. The second time we ordered it with the chipotle sauce. They have this green chaya leaf juice specialty which is healthy and tastes great, with honey and ginger and some other tasty ingredients. And the cactus salad is one of the best salads I've ever had. Even my boyfriend loved it and he never eats salad. They also have great margaritas and a tequila flight so you can try different ones. Ask for the sangrita to go with that.

The hotel only has 6 rooms and was sadly booked up on our last night. The hotel we stayed on the last night paled in comparison. It was also an eco hotel but they only provided electricity for 5 hours in the evening and wouldn't print a map off for us.

Encantada is right on the beach in a section that feels really private, except for the other guests. The rooms are spacious and simply but elegantly decorated with a white and turquoise color scheme, and the beds are really comfortable.

One of the best experiences you could possibly hope for!

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We went to Tulum for our honeymoon and Encantada was highly recommended to us by a work colleague. When we arrived we were totally blown away and it absolutely exceeded our expectations. The staff were so delightful and played an important role in the overall experience. They were friendly, informative and created a great vibe to the place. The rooms were exceptional and we could see the sunrise over the ocean from our incredible bed. The showers were beautiful and the room decor was gorgeous. The location was unbeatable and we had everything we needed. The breakfast menu was great which included hot freshly baked banana bread and coconut cookies. We feel blessed to have stay at Encantada and it was such an experience. Will definitely be going back. We are from a tropical place and travel frequently and we feel we found a hidden slice of paradise.

Room Tip: We stayed in the front bottom room on the left which had an unbroken view of the beach. Perfect!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Encantada Beachfront Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!