“Very friendly and great, patient teachers” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 80 activities in Tulum
Type: Water sports
Attraction Details
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Very friendly and great, patient teachers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Paolo and Marina run this wonderful dive centre in Tulum. We did the open water diving course here and it was great, they take you on a mixture of ocean and cenote dives and teach you everything you need to know to scuba dive. The price is 375 USD at time of going and I felt it was very reasonable as everything is included (equipment, entrance fees and of course all the tuition). They even took us on an extra 5th dive (free, just have to pay entrance fee to cenote) at the end of the course where Paolo took us cavern diving. This is really exciting and not an opportunity to be missed as I don't think any of the other dive centres include this.

On my first day I was struggling a bit as I have never done anything like this before (never even snorkeling with flippers) and Marina was really patient with me and helped me build my confidence. After about 30 minutes in the water I was away and never looked back!

It really felt like they were our friends in Tulum, they gave us good advice on places to eat, they let us borrow some snorkel gear for free so we could head out to nearby Akumal where you are almost garaunteed to see sea turtles!

Visited March 2012

London
“Great dive shop, awesome Cenote diving!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

My partner and I visited a few dive shops in Tulum before deciding with Scuba Tulum. They were by far the best. They had fantastic knowledge of the Cenotes, were very friendly and also calming, which is exactly what I needed for undertaking my Advanced PADI Open Water course. The course was very well run and I thoroughly enjoyed every dive! Marina and Paolo were fantastic! My favourite Cenote dives were Dos Ojos and The Pitt.

Visited February 2012
London
“Best dive shop ever - calm, collected and fantastic knowledge of cenotes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

We were drawn to Scuba Tulum while shopping around the various dive shops for cenotes diving and were immediately drawn by the calm, relaxed attitude of everyone we spoke to there. The prices are the best and this really is the best place to try something new like cenotes diving and we are SO glad we did this, it's unlike anything anywhere in the world! You MUST dive The Pit, Dos Ojos and Dream Gate, nothing you've ever done will compare... These guys are also good with courses like Open Water and Advanced for PADI - which is well worth it since the advanced is the same price as doing the dives, plus you get a certification. Contact them because sometimes they have promotions and specials on, and get some food tips on where to eat from them!

Visited February 2012
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Good dive shop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Went diving and did 2 cenotes , the trip was really good and I received a good dive plan and information when I was there . The lunch wasn't great but the diving was amazing. Would recommend as a good dive shop that does small groups.

Visited July 2011