“BEST food in town” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Puebla, Mexico
“BEST food in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The menu is not super long but they know want they are doing. All things that we tried were incredible. The food was super fresh and the wines were excellent. The decor was very good and I only have a complain they just open for dinner I will eat there all day

Visited May 2013

San Miguel de Allende
“Pure Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Sometimes you can tell just by looking at a place that it's going to be good. Altamar's decor is elegantly spare, nothing added to the clean lines and quality materials, and the food runs along the same honest lines. "Just" really excellent quality and freshness, well presented. Our seafood dinners were first rate, and the wines well chosen. Highly recommended.

Visited May 2013
Beavercreek, Ohio
“OMG!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I own a restaurant and this is the type of restaurant I love to find when I travel. The chef has a passion for cooking authentic Mexican/Mayan dishes and that passion showed in everything we sampled. The staff was prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable. Well worth the quick trip into Tulum Pueblo!!

Visited April 2013
México DF
“Good Quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Food was great on Altamar, they have good recipies and high quality ingredients. The decoration of the restaurant is also good, I spend a good dinner time there.

Visited April 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Like I was eating at home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was with 2 friends form Buenos Aires in Tulum, my idea was to surprise them with a unique place. At the hotel they recommended me Altamar Restaurante. I really want to thanks the Chef and the waiter who service our table always with a big smile, I had the opportunity to try the "fish of the day" It was wonderful !!! I asked the be cook on the oven and it was like that was prepared at home Thanks chef Erick! the food was delicious. Also, great selection of music, not loud, just perfect. It was a dining experience! I stop at the kitchen and I thanks Erick in person. I will be back!

• Visited April 2013