“Absolutely Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Absolutely Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

This is a perfect place to vacation. All of the positives mentioned on this site hold true -the beach is beautiful and isolated, the rooms are lovely, and the staff is incredibly friendly. The beds on the beach are a really huge plus- there's nothing like waking up and then getting immediately into another bed on a pristine beach. It really does feel like you're in the middle of the jungle- no cell service, the taps run salty, and you'll deal with a small amount of sand in the sheets, but it's a small price to pay for paradise. We biked to the ruins on the bikes the hotel provided- fun and flat road, but they're about 10k away so be warned. (We found a nice taxi driver to take us and the bikes back to the hotel.) We'd heard mediocre things about the restaurant, but it was really good. The breakfast was huge, and the lunches we ate really tasty. The town of Tulum is not a must see- we went in for dinner one night ("Cetli"- very good) but had no desire to go again. There are about 10 restaurants within a 10-20 minute walk of the hotel- some on the beach some on the road. La Zebra was the best for us. If we went again, we would rent a car to give us more mobility, but the taxis are very well regulated and everyone seemed honest. Highly recommend- we'll be returning.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
BeTulum, Online Communications Manager at Be Tulum Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2011
Dear "tah18",

Thank you so much for your nice comments about your experiences during your stay at Be Tulum!

We hope to see you again soon on this beautiful part of the world. We will reserve a nice bed on the beach just for you!

Be Tulum Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Polish first
Glendale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Be Tulum hotel this past week. I gotta say we had an amazing time! I couldn't have asked for more!. The food was delicious! Shrimp, Filet Mignon, Huevos Rancheros! AMAZING!.The Staff was excellent. They were very nice and took real good care of us. I wanted to say a special thanks to Juan and Victor. We enjoyed their conversations and they made our stay there quiet enjoyable! It's a modern hotel with jungle suites on the beach. They have a jacuzzi inside the bedroom and a private pool outside your room. Plus a main infinity pool overlooking the beach. The suites are very nice with air condition and hot water. Air condition is a must because it's very humid during the day and night. We did a few activities out there.. We went to the Mayan Ruins where we spent an hour and a half with a tour guide. The ocean is so gorgeous right there and the ruins are on a cliff overlooking the ocean. Wear your swim suit because you will want to swim in the water :) Another day we swam with the dolphins and they performed tricks with us. We went to the jungle and did the zip line and bike zip line. We went snorkeling in the cave and from top of the cave we came down a 50 foot drop with a secured rope. It was a blast! Overall, Everything was incredible!. We got the couple's swedish massage! That was the best massage we've ever gotten! The cleaning crew did a good job and kept our room clean! They would "refresh" as they would call it, 3 times a day. we'll definitely be back, hopefully soon! gracias por todo!

Room Tip: all the jungle suites are beautiful
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear "nunezgabe7",

Thank you for your comments! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us!

"¡Gracias!"

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

From the time we put down our bags to the time we packed them up again, I can truly say I've never relaxed so well. After having endured an absolutely awful experience in Cancun with a deplorable Rent a Car company (Pay Less - what a misnomer that is) it was such a pleasure to be greeted and treated so nicely. From the moment Laura greeted us, we knew we had chosen well. The hotel is a wonderful mix of nature and luxury with wonderful accomodations (we stayed in an Arena Suite) and great food in the beachside restaurant.

My girlfriend and I can't say enough about how nice this place is. The sea water is so blue that you just never want to get out and the ocean breeze helps cool things down. I highly recommend going in May before the heat of July and August sets in. But it's also the perfect way to beat the heat.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
BeTulum, Online Communications Manager at Be Tulum Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
Dear "prefabspr",

Thank you for your kind review! We are very glad that you liked our hotel.

We are looking forward to welcome you again very soon.

San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

We loved Be Tulum. Loved it. I'm confident in saying that it is the finest place in Tulum. We had the misfortune to begin our Tulum stay at another location and walked, literally, the entire beach looking for a place to move to. We poked our heads in every place that seemed promising and of course found many. But none of them measured up to Be Tulum. We stayed for two nights, which is all last minute reservations could do. Great staff, great rooms, great bar, restaurant and beachfront. Absolutely lovely. I give it my highest recommendation.

Dear "wbissell",

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about your experiences during your stay!

Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

I travel around the world extensively for work and I’ve stayed in a lot of extremely nice places, but BeTulum is in a league of its own. Even when I do travel for pleasure, my wife and I tend to move around a lot, see the sights, stay active (horseback riding, bicycling, hiking), soak in the local culture, etc. Well, I’m almost embarrassed to say that we spent 7 days at BeTulum and NEVER LEFT THE COMPOUND. Why would we? The architecture is sublime, the rooms are beautiful and comfortable (A/C, deck, private rooftop pool and bed (the stars!), the beach is perfectly located and quiet, the food is amazing and the entire staff sincerely want you to have the best visit possible. If you want to truly relax and be pampered, BeTulum is your place.

Ana and her entire team are mind readers and it seemed as soon as we thought of something that we wanted, a staff member would be waiting to take our order (taken from, and delivered to, our bed on the beach…….sweet). I can’t believe that we spent a week crawling out of one bed just to crawl back into another one. We did explore the area along the beach when we weren’t swimming or lounging, but we didn’t see anything that made us wish that we had selected different accommodations.

I thought that I would quickly tire of their relatively small menu. WRONG! My wife and I sampled and shared everything on the menu and often reordered items that we HAD to have again. The ceviches, aguachilies, tacos, salads, tuna tartar, rib-eye on the grill at the Sunday BBQ, were all fresh, delicious and perfectly proportioned.

And I just can’t say enough nice things about the staff (Ana, Carolina, Laura, Cesar, David, Juan, Peter and everyone that I’ve missed). They have perfected “service with a smile” and quickly make you feel like part of their family. Also, the housekeeping staff were phenomenal and they made it impossible to have a messy room. I have never had a room cleaned so often and well.

So, thanks to everyone at BeTulum for the awesome week of rest, relaxation, revitalization and affection. We don’t normally repeat vacation destinations, but we will definitely return to BeTulum as soon as we can.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room #20 (best room at BeTulum)
Dear "Remsurfer",

Thank you for your comments! We are glad to read that you enjoyed your time here at Be Tulum Hotel.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Juan Carlos, Antonio, Anna, Laura, Caesar, and everyone on the staff there is absolutely wonderful. This to me is the definition of a boutique hotel with modern style, great service, and no pretense. I would not step foot inside an all inclusive and it was hard to find something very high end on short notice that didn't put us in with that crowd. BeTulum saved the day. Stay in one of the arena suites, enjoy your private pool and inside and outside showers. Towels, drinks, food, the best beach on the planet and transport arrangements are all attended to, along with the ability to be adults in paradise and act accordingly. This place exudes sexiness :)

I did not try spa services, which are apparently wonderful, but the pools are amazing, the beach is as perfect as any in the world, with water as warm as a bath and clear as glass. We were cool on the hottest of night with AC and ceiling fan and the bar took excellent care of us. This is just what I look for. M last trip to Mexico was Cancun, which is a pretty cheesy place, but I stayed at Me by Melia, which is also really cool, and Be Tulum knocks that trip out of the water.

Salud!

Room Tip: all rooms are nice, but closest to beach is :)
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
BeTulum, Online Communications Manager at Be Tulum Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Dear "BroganNYC",

We are so glad that you had such a good time here at Be Tulum! Thanks for the lovely words about our staff and hotel!

los angeles, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

I have been to Tulum 4 times before. The last time was in 2008. I am always amazed at how much changes each time I go, yet the people are still the same. Tulum has such an international vibe and Be Tulum is exactly that. It turns out we were the only American couple staying there. People come from all around, Canada, England, Germany, France, Brazil, just to name a few. The hotel was completely booked. There are 2 rooms with rooftop plunge pools. The one closest to the ocean is #20 and the one half way back is #16. We stayed in #20. It would have been nice to have blackout shades, but honestly, that room is so close to the kitchen that you wouldn't be able to avoid waking up from the breakfast service. Tulum is not for everyone, but me and my husband loved it. We loved taking bike rides, checking out the great restaurants along the hotel zone and swimming in the amazing water. The beaches there have to be some of the nicest in the world. The staff at Be Tulum were all incredibly nice and friendly. The hotel is on the southern side of Tulum and not quite a busy as those up north. We would definitely go back. A hint for wives and girlfriends out there - make sure to bring some computer games and DVDs as there are no TVs, just in case your SO gets antsy.

Room Tip: #20 if you can afford, upstairs not downstairs
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear "tamiam1969",

Thank you for your nice words! It is always a joy to read that our guests had a good time with us!

We really hope to see you again soon on this beautiful part of the world.

Be Tulum Management

Been to Be Tulum Hotel? Share your experiences!