“DO IT TO ME ONE MORE TIME!” 5 of 5 stars

Be Tulum Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Carretera Tulum-Boca Paila Km.10, Tulum 77780, Mexico   |
Ranked #13 of 76 Hotels in Tulum
new york City, New York, USA
“DO IT TO ME ONE MORE TIME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, the staff of Be Tulum were so accommodating without being overbearing. We came for a friend's wedding, so we had the whole place to ourselves. We booked one of the Jungle rooms, and while there was no beach view, it didn't really matter because it was a short walk to the beach. The room's decor was simple and modern. The food and drinks were also excellent--we lived on the tacos and the ceviche. It's a little pricier than other places in Tulum, but you really get what you pay for. The air conditioning is a nice reprieve and welcome luxury after a long hard day at the beach. I would recommend this place for couples who want a romantic place to stay. Thank you Be Tulum for such a memorable stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
BeTulum, Online Communications Manager at Be Tulum Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2011
Dear "lepotter",

Thank you for you positive review! We love to read our guests had a nice time with us.

We are looking forward to welcome you again very soon.

Be Tulum Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

I stayed at Be Tulum during my second trip to Tulum. Be Tulum was not open during my first visit. I chose Be Tulum for its beauty, modern/green aesthetic and overall amenities. It was perfect in every way. Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful and the service was impeccable! Very relaxed vibe. They ensured i was comfortable and pleased from the moment i arrived through the moment i departed. I highly recommend Be Tulum and plan to stay there again. Perfect in every way!

Room Tip: Top Floor Ocean front best room. Or room with pool
Dear "klprice",

Thank you for your nice words. We are so glad you had a great time!

Whenever you return to Tulum, we will be ready to serve you.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

My partner and I stayed at Be Tulum for a friend's wedding. The price, while a bit steep compared to other hotels in the area, is well worth the experience and luxury.

PERKS:
1. Free parking:
We were able to park our rented car in a free parking lot, which is really just a large, outdoor, gravel area across the street from the hotel.

2. Free wifi:
The wifi was spotty at times, but it was generally okay.

3. Private plunge pool, hammock and outdoor shower:
We stayed in a ground floor room (J7) with our own private plunge pool, hammock and outdoor shower (in addition to an indoor shower). It's seriously as beautiful and serene as it sounds.

4. Complementary water in your room:
The hotel provided two bottles of water every morning so we could safely brush our teeth without fear of Montezuma's Revenge.

5. 24 hour air conditioning:
It gets HOT and HUMID so 24 hour AC was nice to have.

6. Public outdoor pool:
The infinity edge pool by the restaurant, overlooking the ocean, may not seem necessary, but I used it often. It was a great option if you didn't want to be in the rough ocean.

7. Complementary bikes:
We took out the complementary bikes one day and explored the area. The bikes were older and rustier, but they worked fine and did the job. I believe they only have four so you can't go out with a large group.

8. Be Tulum's stretch of beach:
The layout of the private stretch of beach was great. Comfortable beds with shade and beds and chairs without shade for all the sun bunnies. Every morning, I would find fresh towels placed on all the beach beds.

9. Staff:
Exceptionally friendly and helpful staff. I didn't catch everyone's name (otherwise, I'd give them all a shout-out), but two stand-outs are Ana, the hotel manager, and Cesar, the restaurant manager.

ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT:
1. Food:
The food was a bit bland. I would've preferred something more "authentic," but this is a minor quibble.

2. Mini-fridge:
Would've been nice to have a mini-fridge to keep water cool.

All in all, I LOVED my stay here and would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
BeTulum, Online Communications Manager at Be Tulum Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2011
Dear "mspaic",

Many thanks for sharing the good experience you had with us! We always try to do our best, so it's very nice to read words like yours.

Our prices might be a bit higher than average, but we think our hotel is worth it (and apparently you think the same).

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

First off I'm a cinematographer and I'm attracted locations that are visual and aesthetically pleasing. Be Tulum is a beautiful hotel that integrates it's look into it's atmosphere rather than fighting it. The architecture is beautiful. I was there recently for my brother's wedding and I found this place to be the perfect setting for it. The staff is amazing, accommodating, and just generally good people(say hi to Cesar for me) and the restaurant had some of the best arrachera and fish tacos I've had (but do go to Matteos as well.) Honestly this place was worth every cent and if you're looking to step up your experience in Tulum I can't think of a better place to stay than Be.

Dear "LukeMcc",

Thanks for the positive feedback! We work hard everyday to please the guests.

We also think -as you do- that aesthetics are very important for a successful design, and we made a huge investment in that area. It's good to know you appreciated it.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

We recently had our wedding at Be Tulum and cannot speak highly enough of the hotel.

The hotel is right on the beach about a 10 minute drive ($10 taxi) from Tulum town along the beach road. The hotel is an "eco-hotel" with only 20 rooms making it feel very intimate and secluded. The beach is amazing. Beautiful white sand and stunning turquoise water stretch for miles and unlike the crowds you find at Cancun and Playa del Carmen, the relatively isolated location means you often have the entire beach to yourself. The sunbeds are amazing and unlike some other hotels there are plenty to accomodate all the guests. There is truly no better way to while away a lazy afternoon.

The staff were amazing all week and went out of their way to make our big day very special. No request was too difficult and always met with a smile. Even when we messed up our booking the hotel was able to accomodate us without fuss. The service was probably the highlight of the whole week.

The rooms are immaculate. indoor and outdoor showers, jacuzzi, and if you're lucky enough to stay in one of the Ocean Suites, a rooftop pool with views over the jungle and the beach !

The food is best described as modern Mexican. We are both very discerning eaters and have eaten in many of the best restaurants around the world and were thrilled with the quality of the food at the hotel. The tuna steak is to die for. There are also plenty of restaurants within a short walk or taxi ride from the hotel should you feel like something different and the staff were always more than happy to recommend somewhere.

We don't often write reviews however the quality of our experience has demanded it on this occasion. We will certainly be returning and would highly recommend the hotel to anyone planning a wedding or just looking for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear "L0nd0nBlue",

Thank you so much for your nice words! You review is superb, and we are very proud to have met your expectations.

We hope to see you again soon!

Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

We were lucky to spend one afternoon/night at the Be Tulum as part of a promotion that their sister hotel, the Be Playa, was offering. By staying four nights at Be Playa, we were offered one night here. I remember looking at pictures months ago and wishing that some day we could check out the Tulum hotel……….and then we did!

Transportation was provided by Be hotel and it was very professional and prompt. We arrived to check in at Be Tulum about 1pm and our room was not ready yet. I love that the check in desk was basically outside on the sand, with the workers in bare feet. We weren’t in Kansas anymore. I should mention that while we’ve been to Cancun and Playa about 30 times, this was our first experience with Tulum.

Since our room was not ready, one of the friendly staff showed us our way to the beach and got us set up with a bed. We relaxed for a few hours, enjoyed a drink, and got in some reading. It was very quiet – a few couples sitting out on beds reading, but no talking or music. Ahhh, relaxation at it’s best.

Around 3:30 my hubby went back to the desk to inquire about our room. They told him it had been ready, but they didn’t want to interrupt us on the beach. He came back to get me and was worried about a few things……….the room included an outside shower, and all water in the room was salt water. Loved that! He was worried I would be upset (what am I? High maintenance? LOL).

The room was amazing! I have to assume we were given the lowest room category simply because of the promotion, but we were more than pleased!! We were on the second floor, and the roof was thatched, so we felt like we were in our very own hut. The room was huge, had that cute little hot tub, a King bed, sitting area, nice balcony…....and yes, and outside shower (and inside one too). LOVED it. I couldn’t’ wait to use the shower. It was mostly private, although if someone really wanted to look up and see you, they probably could. Didn’t bother me, jokes on them!

The front desk gave us a bottle of mosquito lotion. When my hubby asked if we needed it, she kind of laughed and said OH YEAH. At night they come out in full force. However, I was never bit, and we enjoyed a drink out in the dark at the bar.

We were ready for dinner early that night as we had skipped lunch. Around 5pm we called the front desk to enquire about getting a taxi to Mezzanine (thanks to Trip Advisor recommendations, this is where we chose to dine for our one night in Tulum.). The wonderful front desk person suggested she call the restaurant just to make sure they were open. She called back a few minutes later to let us know it was, that she made our reservations, and the taxi would be here in 10 minutes.

Taxi ride to Mezzanine was 90 pesos, ride back to le Zebra for drinks was 50 pesos, and ride back to Be Tulum was 90 pesos. Yes, were taken, but the taxi driver was in no mood to negotiate so we gave in.

Arriving back at our hotel, we were told the bar was open until 10pm – another 30 minutes. We went up and had a glass of wine. Excellent service here again, but only a few people enjoying it. We turned in early…….well, there was nothing else to do.

In the morning, we took advantage of the complimentary breakfast. We understood just continental (juice and rolls), however we each decided to order an entrée an found out at check in that one entrée per person is also included. Very nice.

Time to check out and go home. We loved our stay at Be Tulum, but to be completely honest, I don’t know if Tulum is right for us at this stage in our travels. We do like a bit more activity and options, but when we are ready to return, Be Tulum is going to be on the top of our list. We are recommending to everyone looking for this type of relaxing vacation!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
BeTulum, Online Communications Manager at Be Tulum Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2011
Dear "ZsaZsa",

Thank you for your incredible review and such nice words!

We are very lucky to have amazing guests like you who stay with us from all over the world!

We would really love to see you again!

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

We had a fantastic time at the Be Tulum! Really nice and efficient staff! The food is just beautiful! We believe it is definitely the best boutique hotel in the Riviera Maya!

• Stayed April 2011

Been to Be Tulum Hotel? Share your experiences!