“Get inside a ceynote, away from the crowds.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 24 Attractions in Tulum
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: Labnaha’s Eco Park called the Magic Mayan World is exclusively open for a few visitors daily. This Park offers different activities surrounded by an exuberant jungle and a subterranean world known as magical and sacred in the Mayan culture.Experience a unforgettable descend on a zip line into the entrance of a fascinating Sacred Lakes which leads to into most spectacular Kayac traverse in the area. Refresh yourself afterwards in the Cenotes on a once a life time snorkel tour. Labnaha operates only with small groups and counts with a visitor limit per day to avoid mass tourism and the negative impact on the Eco system which allows you to enjoy without being surrounded by hundreds of people. Labnaha makes a big effort trying to teach how to enjoy this Magic Mayan World in full terms without destroying it.All activities are conducted with highly qualified and professionally trained guides. The three visited Cenotes are connected by Eco paths guided through theme paths with explanations and names of the local flora and fauna in the park. The entrance fees are used to protect a great variety of animals and trees in danger of extinction because of the ecological changes in the Riviera Maya caused by extensive constructions in the area.We are located just 35 minutes from Playa del Carmen or 10 from Tulum which makes it perfect to plan a last minute tour without having to travel hundreds of kilometres on the highway and sitting for hours in a vehicle or moving from one activity to a other one by car since all three activities are located inside the Magic Mayan Park. Age is not a limiting factor since the activities adapt depending on the exigencies and possibilities of the visitor.Included in the tour.Transportation Zip Line at the Sacred Lakes Snorkel tour in Cenote Labnaha Professional Zip Line EquipmentKayac TourOpen Cenote swimming. Snorkel equipment and live jackets Professional multilingual guide.We do not have customers we have explorers, and later...friends!!!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
London, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
“Get inside a ceynote, away from the crowds.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We cycled about 20km alongside a motorway to get to the tour, if you don't have a hire car or scooter it is a little out of the way from everywhere but that is part of the attraction. You will be doing a tour that is not swamped with tourists.

We got there just in time for our tour but they thought we were not coming for some reason so we had to wait for the next one which was a bit annoying but it was worth the wait and after our cycle we were happy to chill in the shade for a while.

First up was a bumpy bus journey through the jungle, this was pretty fun in itself. We then did some ziplines over a lake/lagoon before doing some kayaking. It was really relaxed and we were not really given any time limits so we took our time exploring the area, going into caves and through the mangroves. There were birds, fish and insects and loads of interesting vegetation. It was only us and a couple of other kayaks in the water and they left pretty soon so we had the whole lake to ourself.

Next up was some swimming in a fresh water pool, we had been on the beach since we had been in Mexico so it was amazing to swim in cool, fresh water. There was a platform with a 2-3 metre drop off which was fun to jump and dive off. Other groups had access to this area so it got quite busy but there was a good atmosphere and it was not so crowded as to be annoying.

We then drove to the ceynote which was the real reason we had booked this trip. It was an amazing underwater cave/lake with the best staligmites and staligtites I have ever seen. They had installed lights in the cave so the whole place was lit up. We then split up from the rest of thr group (my girlfriend and I went with two guides, the other group of 7-8 went with the other guide) so we had our won personal tour. The guides took us on a route throug the interlinking caves and passages and showed us all sorts of interesting rock formations and insects. It was a really special experience and was different from anything I have ever done before.

There is a snack provided during the tour, they gave us a huge bowl of nachos, fresh gaucamole and there was a lot of fruit. If you were expecting a proper lunch you might be a little disappointe but it was advertised as a snack so we had a big breakfast before we came so we were fine. There is fresh water provided at various stages of the tour so that is something else that you do not need to worry about.

Check out the photos on the website and if you are interested in seeing something special then get involved!

Visited July 2013

Overland Park, Kansas
“Good Time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I went to Labnaha during our Mexico Stay in August. The drive from our resort was painfully long, if we had realized this we probably would have made other arrangements. The transportation on the labnaha site was somewhat confusing. We assumed transportation was only provided for groups for an additional fee, I'm still not entirely sure about all that. All I know is that for the same price I could have gone somewhere else with transportation included. Our taxi ride totaled $180 before tips to get there and back. Not saying this is their fault, just definitely put a damper on our time because it was costing us so much.
We started off with ziplining (small group- only us and one other couple). I was really scared at first but it wasn't scary at all. It was fun, just not how I imagined it.
After the zip line we did the canoe thing. I didn't enjoy that at all really. It was miserably hot and the only "wildlife" I saw was a dragonfly. We ended that pretty quickly and waited for the other couple to finish so we could move on to the next thing.
The Cenote was gorgeous. I think I would actually go so far as to say it took my breath away. It was very cold and refreshing. The downfall for me is that I am not a good swimmer and the water was very deep so I couldn't go away from the stairs. Kind of a bummer.
After the cenote, they took us back to offer us a snack. This was extremely disappointing. I had read in other reviews that it wasn't much but I feel like we got even less. There was corn tortilla chips, no dips at all. Watermelon, bananas, apples and some other kind of melon. That was it!
The ride to the cave was very bumpy and long. I felt sick when we finally got to our place of arrival. The cave was neat to see but by the time we got to the cave tour a family with two young kids had joined us so for much of the tour we were dealing with that. (My husband and I stayed at an adults only resort so this was our first time encountering children on our vacation and I didn't like it...again, not their fault but I neglected to think this would be a possibility.)
Our guide, Raphael, was nice enough but nothing fantastic. We still tipped him but he definitely could have been more personable. Overall, it was a neat experience but I wouldn't do this particular one again.

Visited August 2013
Summit, New Jersey
“Amazing day exploring we won't soon forget”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I visited LabnaHa on 9/8 with my wife. Our hotel called for us that morning and despite not having a reservation (my mistake), they accomidated us. When we arrived it was just the two of us and we opted for the cenote and zipline/canoe/swimming. We started with the Cenote, our guide was relaxed and patient and did not seem to be in any rush allowing us to explore and enjoy the cenote on our own time. The experience was very unlike what I expected from other high traffic operators. This was a private tour of a natural Cenote with amazing formations.

We then followed our guide in our car to the zipline/canoe/swim tour and again had a private tour of a huge ecopark. At this time of year, the ability to enjoy this without the crowds and really appreciate it was worth every penny and the effort to drive down from Cancun.

Here was our timeline. We left at 9am, arrived by 11am for the Cenote, enjoyed the ecopark and spend a relaxing hour or more at the swimming cenote before heading to Tulum around 3pm in time for the a quick bite to eat and a tour of the ruins. We were back at our hotel in Cancun by 7:30pm. The ruins were also a great ending to the day with incredible photo opportunities throughtout the day.

Definately one of the best days of our whole trip. The owners and guides provide a real personalized service you could never get from the big commercial companies.

Thank you again for a great experience!

Visited September 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“A range of activities for anyone interested in getting away from the tourist traps!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

After seeing the reviews online, and reading what Labnaha was about, myself and my fiancé easily booked via email. One of the major factors behind our decision to go with Labnaha was their close and respectful relationship with the Mayan communities in the area they operate in. We were in a small group (only 3 of us plus guide) so this was a huge positive for us, as well as for conserving the natural environment. We were met with a friendly Sergio, and an even friendlier dog - Mongo. We started with the cenote snorkel, where we went down a ladder into the underground cave. This was almost fluorescent blue, with tiny bats flying overhead, then after diving down and seeing the little fish and stalactites, we went through a little hole in the wall into another cave. The cenote was absolutely incredible- clear water meant easy to see everything and our guide Sergio was great at putting us at ease and relaxing in the moment.
After snorkelling we headed back and had some light snacks, then on to zip lining and canoeing. The zip line is over an incredible clear outdoor cenote, with the second line taking you to the canoe line up. You could paddle through to a small cave where you could look right down to the bottom, and on your way there, you can clearly see fish and turtles in the water.
A short walk to an even more magical smaller cenote with dark blue crystal clear water with a mandatory jump in (the best way!) finishes off the day perfectly.
The return trip to the lodge is awesome as you go through thick rainforest on either side, so keep an eye out for bright green lizards and the odd tarantula!
Great place,
Great local experiences done in a respectful, non money hungry way.

Visited September 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing day - well worth every minute!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My partner and I booked this tour online and it was very easy to do so. We were holidaying in Playa del Carmen and did not want to travel too far to see beautiful cenotes. This tour is in Tulum so it was perfect - only 30 mins away. What we were looking for was a personable uncrowded tour with guides who knew their stuff. Our expectations were exceeded - we had a great time and were made to feel so welcomed. We were in a small group of 4-6 people.
The first part of the tour takes part in a national park where you go on the zip line. This was extremely fun (and safe)! We then canoed and checked out the nature and small caves. Next was a nice swim in the open cenote followed by a light lunch of fruit/guacamole. The last part of the tour was the underwater cenote - this was breathtaking and definitely my favourite part of the day.
Overall, the tour was from 11am - 4pm (other times were available) and we loved every minute of it! We highly recommend this tour.

Jen and Luke