“High Design at value price for Tulum” 4 of 5 stars

30% off room rate
Ranked #6 of 67 Tulum B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Seattle, Washington
“High Design at value price for Tulum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed our two nights at CoCo. I must admit I would have enjoyed it more had I'd been 20 years younger. I'm just a little past the time where a shared bathroom is acceptable. That being said the bathrooms were very well designed and the staff kept them very clean.

Tulum is a rather expensive locale so for those on a bit of a budget (sub $100/night) this place is a very good option.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Polish first
new york, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

This was our third trip to Tulum and I preface this preview by saying that I miss the "old" days of 8-10 years ago before it became such a destination. We have been looking at Coco for about 4 years and tried to stay 3 years ago (we booked and then were "unbooked" because they got a large group that wanted multiple rooms for our dates). So, we opted to give it another try.

We stayed in a beach cabana and I don't think I would have it any other way. The sound of the ocean and the constant breeze made this perfect. So, all in all, I was quite happy with the accommodations, themselves. Some might want to be a little closer to the shared shower/bathroom (we were in #9 so almost as far as you could get from them) but I never had a problem with it.

We also rented bicycles from the hotel and it worked out fine (though about 1/3 more per day - worth to us for convenience).

The drawback for me was some (emphasis on "some') of the staff and a few of the statements made by Coco in their "tips" sheets that were attached to the confirmation email we received a week before our arrival date. I am also not a fan of the wood oven pizza restaurant with house beats... but that's my own beef probably.

Bottom line is this is on a beautiful, long stretch of beach. The room was exactly what I wanted and aside from some things I would do differently if it were my place, I was happy.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Stayed here in Nov 2013 and Jan 2014. We stayed in one of the rooms and not in the beach cabana, but no worries we were maybe 20 meters away from the pristine beach! Very calm, laid back vibe. Has all the ameneties you need. Shared bathrooms, resto on location (great breakfast), beach chairs, hammocks!! Very reasonably priced compared to other locations on the strip.
We were also traveling with a 6mth old who was 8mnths in Jan - if you ask they have a baby cot and can arrange transport to and from Cancun airport with a baby seat!! Really convenient!
We love Tulum, one of our favorite places on earth!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

My boyfriend (now fiance) and I stayed at Coco Tulum during November 2013. We stayed in Tower 3. From the moment we walked in we were jumping with excitement. We arrived quite late at night so we didn't even know how spectacular the view was until the morning. Every night we went to sleep with the curtains open so that the sunrise would wake us. The bed was incredibly comfortable, and the bathroom was basic but everything you need. I'm getting depressed writing this because I miss that room so much!

One day my fiance organised with the hotel staff to have rose petals and Moet bought up to our room when we were out. When we arrived back he proposed and it was the most beautiful, romantic setting. When we went downstairs to tell the staff (i feel awful, i can't remember his name!!) he gave us a huge hug. It was the most amazing time of my entire life!!

The food in the restaurant was beautiful. The beach was stunning. The grounds of the hotel were immaculate!

Tulum itself was more expensive than we were anticipating, but we will absolutely be going back. Most likely for our honeymoon :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

We spend 4 nights at Coco, two nights in Tower 1 and two nights in cabana 4. Tower 1 was lovely, as was the beach cabana.

Coco is wonderful! The location is perfect if you come for the beach and/or don't mind riding a bike to Tulum. The beach is beautiful and the food served in the restaurant is very tasty.

The shared bathrooms were VERY clean and was not a problem at all!

Two things I want to mention which makes this a 4 instead of 5 star review: The cabana palapa roof is not "attached" to the house. This made it more noisy to sleep near the ocean if you are a light sleeper, however we got used to it after the first night. I'm not a bug lover and was affraid bugs would come in when I saw the roof. However we only had a couple of small ones and I felt secury inside the mosquito net :-)

The service is friendly, however veeery slowly, particular the restaurant. We had to wait for ages, first to place an orden, then to wait for the food and then again to get the bill after asking for it. It seemed to us like they lacked a manager as we observed the waiters wandering around instead of actually serving their guests.

All in all we would surely recommend this place and would come again.

Room Tip: We would go with either Tower 3 or Cabana 2 or 3, however they all seemed lovely.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay for our trip to Tulum! We had booked a last minute trip and all that was available was a garden cabana and I have to say it was absolutely perfect! If you're looking for a cute, comfy and clean hut on the beach THIS IS THE PLACE! (The garden cabanas were less expensive than the other rooms and just steps to the ocean w/the feeling of the jungle all in one! Definitely the best option in my opinion.) Shared bathrooms were clean and easily accessible. The staff was great! Jose greeted us and was over the top helpful throughout our entire stay! (From suggestions on things to do, see and eat to carrying my overpacked bag through the sand to the room.) The restaurant was great if you're looking for something convenient! (safe water, coffee and ice!) I would 100% recommend Coco Tulum to anyone!

Room Tip: Garden cabanas are
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I came with my girlfriend and we stayed at CoCo Tulum for 5 days. I couldn't have been happier with our stay. The staff was amazing, knowledgeable, and were so friendly. Jose, who works the front desk is absolutely amazing. He truly understands service and is a master at his craft. He was so helpful and nice. He really went out of his way for us and will surely take care of you at CoCo. Thanks so much for the great stay CoCo and Jose!

Room Tip: Ask for Jose at the front desk, he'll take care of you.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Coco Tulum? Share your experiences!