“I love Las Ranitas” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 77 Hotels in Tulum
new york
“I love Las Ranitas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

I had the most enjoyable stay at Las Ranitas. The Beach is the best of Tulum!
One of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in and the whole place is very relaxing.
I have been coming to Tulum for years and am so happy I finally stayed at Las Ranitas. I can't wait to go back. One of the big pluses was the friendly and helpful staff.

Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Hebrew first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

The place is absolutely gorgeous..Fist time in an eco-friendly resort is different but good experience and I would definetly go back and recomend Ranitas hotel 100%. Tthe view from the room we got was so beautifull that we could sit there the whole day and look out of the room, Thanks to my job I've been in every continent and I've never seen a place like this if I can say it in one word it would be PARADISE...the service is also one step above perfect...there is a pool which is also beautiful (though we didnt go after you hit the beach you don't want to go anywhere else) Perfect location. If you want to relax in a quiet place this is the place. If want to go party, Tulum and see cenotes are only a few minutes away,

Edgar R Diaz.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

We stayed at las ranitas for 2 nights having initially stayed in Tulum town for 3 nights, and then 1 night in a hut on the beach. Initially we were due to stay in a cabana which in itself was very cute (and was more comfortable then our previous hut experience) but somehow the lock on the door broke. The manager was excellent and didnt even waste time in simply upgrading us to a fantastic sea-view suite - so despite the inconvience of the lock, the problem was solved quickly and well.

Las Ranitas enjoys one of the prettiest stretches of Tulum beach, so it is a lovely place.

On the downside, the prices are a little steep (but then Tulum can be pricey) but above all the cost of bottled water is exorbitant so be prepared to walk to other places and stock up if you run out of the complimentary small bottles in your room!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

what seems like a paradise far away from the rest of the world, las ranitas was a beautiful, relaxing and perfect stay. the beach is brilliant, and the hospitality at the hotel is above and beyond!
we reccommend everyone stay there to enjoy an unforgettable getaway!

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

My girlfriend and I just stayed at this hotel right after NYE, we were trying to find a place in Tulum that was peaceful, romantic but not too "hippie" and we ended up at Las Ranitas where Jerome and Omar were the best hosts.
The hotel is very nice, very new and very clean and the beach it's amazing, also they have a paddle tennis court!.

During sunset we had a few margaritas at the bar/restaurant/terrace and we also ordered food and it was really good overall, besides that they had a special event were Jojo Flores was Djing for couple hours until the sun went down. I'm a huge house music fan so that was a great surprise.

Omar recommended me a great place for dinner, "El Tábano", one of the best meals I've had in a while, great recommendation.

Over all the hotel is great, very romantic, the staff was amazing, the rooms are very new and beautifully decorated with mexican decor and the location is literally in paradise.

Next time I'm in Tulum, I'll stay in Las Ranitas, hands down...

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

I just wanna say that at Ranitas we had the best time ever, My and my girlfriend came from BPM festival at playa del carmen and we we needed a a hard earned rest from the craziness to just disconnect and chill out. We got to Ranitas on a friend's advise and we rented a room. Against all odds my friend Chris who's a DJ from montreal was throwing a party there and we spent the whole day on the beach drinking white wine and listening to great music. Nikki beach style. The service was incredible. Eco-chic with a smile.... it made the rest of our vacation... we saw Be and Ohm but nothing paired the "living room" feeling of las Ranitas.

Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

Las Ranitas is a nice little hotel at the end of a string of places to stay on the Tulum Beach. We were just there in the middle of January and we had a very nice room on the second floor with nice views of the coconut palms and the amazingly blue sea. The room a very comfortable double bed and a single bed in the corner that we didn't use. Plus there was a nice walk in tile shower bathing space with solar heated water which is nice and hot. We had a great little outdoor patio with a couple of small chairs and a hammock that touched the floor when we got into it but I adjusted it so it was quite nice. The restaurant has a very nice outdoor dining area and a very attractive round dining indoor dining room what serves nice food. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is excellent because of the proximity to the white sandy beach and the sound of the waves crashing on shore.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Las Ranitas Eco-boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!