“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ginger

Ginger
Polar street between Avenidas Satelite and Centauro | next to Hotel Addy; one street west of main avenue, Tulum 77780, Mexico
984-116-4033
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 223 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Ginger has moved closer to the center of town, one street from the main avenue of Tulum and is on the same block as Hotel Addy. The fish is fresh, the pasta is homemade, and the service is personal. Ginger has received the Fodor's Choice Award for the best restaurant in Tulum every year since 2010! Join us for live music every Wednesday from 7 to 9 pm.
Portland, Maine
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The food here is amazing. If we'd had more time we would have gone back. The shrimp dish was the best I've ever had, tons of shrimp, perfectly spiced with garlic and noodles. My husband had the chicken thighs which out of this world. Everything is lovingly prepared and the waiter was attentive and made us feel very welcome. They also have fabulous mixed drinks. It is worth the little bit of extra effort to go off the beaten path of the main street and eat here. We ate at a few of the beach restaurants (Hartwood, La Zebra, El Pez) and enjoyed this one more than all of them, for half the price. You will definitely want to go back!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Perfect ending to a lovely vacation, wished we had been able to stay longer & have another meal here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Everything lived up & surpassed expectations. Tropical mango ceviche appetizers was enough for a full meal for one person, but that did not stop my husband from eating his whole entree after practically finishing it off alone, because our meals were so good. I had the warm stawberry salad, which also was a generous portion, balsamic dressing mixed with the warm strawberries created a great blend - I wanted to lick the bowl clean. Shrimp tacos are fabulous, but have major kick, so be preapared. Steak w. Mother's sauce also perfectly prepared, and had a tiny bit of its own heat making it even yummier. Ginger mojito lives up to its role as the restaurant's name sake. So glad I changed my mind & tried it.

Napa Valley
“People Who Care Creating Food You Will Care About”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

On a back street in a not well lit business location, Ginger is turning out first rate local food in a contemporary setting with understated music that really complements the atmosphere and cuisine.

So Ginger is not going to capture your heart with its street appeal, but once you are in the door you will meet people who are passionate about giving you a creative and delicious meal while helping to make your evening fun. The decor is modern, spare and makes you feel at home.

Prices are good and service is very attentive.

We enjoyed the Arrachera Steak, marinated in local peppers and spices that was subtle and not spicy. The salad of fresh greens with preserved local strawberries and pecans was unique and very flavorful.

• Visited March 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Hidden gem. Good food and atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I ate here in our first night in Tulum. The restaurant was walking distance from the condo where we were staying on a quiet side street off the main road. The place is cozy and modern. Fun decor and great atmosphere. The food was excellent and fresh and the service was very friendly. Great spot!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Love love love”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Ginger is an off the main road, romantic spot. Small and quiet with the perfect menu and great tasting food. I wasn't too big on going to dinner here because I thought that it was a little pricey and not what I would expect to find in tulum, but the prices surprised me and I was very surprised by the flavors and the atmosphere. I loved it and can't wait to return to see what fabulous changed they made in a year :)