“One of the best Cenotes for snorkelers” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 67 things to do in Tulum
Cowden, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“One of the best Cenotes for snorkelers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

It is a must do on your itinerary , I have snorkelled it 6 times and dived once, not to be missed. If you want to snorkel take a guide for the first time after that go on your own. Diving go with Protek they are not cowboys.

Visited March 2014

• Polish first
Yorktown, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
“Great half day excursion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

My 15 year old daughter and I had originally planned on swimming with the resident Sea Turtles at Akumal. This unfortunately did not happen because of bad weather, so we were given the option to go to Dos Ojos. We were very happy that we decided to go there, it was an amazing experience. The only thing I would warn is that if you have a hard time walking, the steps to get down into the cenotes are a little slippy, and we did see one man fall and land on his back. He seemed okay, but I'm sure he was sore the next day. The water was a little cool as I expected it would be coming out of a cave, but was refreshing after a few minutes in, and was as clear as glass. As our guide with Cancun Adventures, Gustavo, said it would, the healing mineral waters felt great on our sunburn. The Bat Cave was fun, you could watch them flying from hole to hole, I would love to be there at dusk when they all come flying out. I would imagine there are hundreds or even thousands. 2 caves, and wonderful alternative to what we had planned. The only reason I would give this tour a 4 out of 5 is that the bathroom facilities weren't that clean, but we were only there for a short time since we snorkeled and didn't scuba dive.

London, United Kingdom
“Cenote diving”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Good introduction to Cenote diving for all. Water very clear but can get very busy. Bat cave is fun to see - hundreds of small bats

Greendale, Wisconsin
8 attraction reviews
“Did the Cenotes on our own”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stopped at Dos Ohos on our return trip from Chetumal back to Cancun. We opted to do the "two eyes" on our own. The water was cold, so be prepared. It was interesting, but after reading the reviews here, I wish we had opted for a tour. We did not see the bat caves. We did snorkel and there was a ton a people both snorkeling and diving (but not too crowded), and we were there on Good Friday (vacation week).

Mexico City, Mexico
“Great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Highly recommended. It has some other cenotes you can explore in the dark with lamps too. Ask for Mr. Lucio. Good guide and great tour.