CASA PLAYA MAYA-Perfect Beach House-Private

The very first house built in this bay, still immaculate... Casa Playa Maya
Super safe family fun... shallow bay and privacy!
Relax! Great times for all... right out the door! No need to run around every day.
Beach deck, shade and privacy. It's your beach!
View out your back door
Tulum
Rental Home –
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 16

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

lj5408
CA
“Great stay - Thanks Bill !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 for a stay in February 2013
person found this review helpful

What can I say… We had a WONDERFUL time at Casa Playa Maya. We stayed two weeks in the upper casita (studio) with the beautiful brick ceiling and small kitchen.

Bill is a wonderful host – he made our booking and stay so easy and comfortable.

My wife and thought we would get away from the weather and work from the beach in Mexico, so we found Casa Playa Maya and Bill. We were concerned about the bandwidth from our casita and Bill went above and beyond to ensure I would feel comfortable with the bandwidth – I set up a webex and he went to the balcony of the casita and took the call. Wow, amazing ! Thanks Bill!!! . Once we got to CPM Bill provided all sorts of help, maps, grocery stores and references to great restaurants.
I can't say enough about Bill and CPM – If your considering a place in Tulum give Bill a call – It will be well worth it. Oh did I say great snorkeling. We can't wait to go back!!

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
Mar 6, 2013
Hi Al and Lori,

Thanks for the kind review. I seem to get the best guests on the Coast. We loved hosting your working Vacation and can't wait for you return. And Al, Loved your sarong.
DEAN MACDOUGALL
CA.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 for a stay in June 2012
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
Jun 29, 2012
Dean,

Thanks for you kind words. You are and will forever be an honored guest at Casa Playa Maya http://casaplayamaya.com

We do miss you wit and charm and also your beer.

Bill
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012 for a stay in June 2012
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Jun 21, 2012
Dana, WE so very much enjoyed hosting your all too short vacation. You are our ideal guest. Please go to the airport NOW and come back. We miss you. thanks for the kind review. Be well..
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 for a stay in May 2012
A romantic getaway Older travelers
May 27, 2012
Well you were Ideal guests an not once did you start a Fire inside the house. Darken my door anytime. It was OUR pleasure to Host your Vacation.
Peter S
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Excellent value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012 for a stay in April 2012

This is the ideal Caribbean beachfront rental. We LOVED it. Stayed here for a week, would stay a month if we could. My wife, two teenagers and I all cannot wait to go back. Very comfortable, beautiful houses on the beach, all the amenities (even HBO and WiFi!). Coral reef snorkeling just 50 feet off the beach. That is why Soliman Bay is the best spot on the Yucatan. Thatch roofs, teak adirondack chairs, hammocks, kayacking, aqua blue water, tequila. Always a cooling breeze, not a single mosquito ever! We used our unit's kitchentte for breakfast and some lunches, ate in nearby Tulum restaurants most dinners, lots of good quality. The owner, Senor Bill, and staff live next door (this is a huge plus), runs the place like a family compound, all warm and fuzzy. If you go, use a scuba diving guide to dive both the coral reef and a cenote (underground rivers, limestone caverns). Senor Bill advised us on all the local insider knowledge, he's your personal concierege and local shaman. Don't forget to try the cook's ceviche and guacamole, have Bill schedule you a massage from the beautiful Italian masseuse three houses down beach.

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 4 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Thatch covered porch right on the beach, sunrises
Liked least: Hard to day
Traveling group: Family with Teenagers
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
Apr 9, 2012
WOW! Thank so much for the GREAT review even if it is all true.

OK THEN Next visit..FREE SHRIMP! You were ideal guest.Comeback..spread the word, shout from the rooftops, put on a sandwich sign and stand on Main Street..wait, I am getting carried away. Literally.
Doug M
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Paradise Found.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011 for a stay in August 2011
people found this review helpful

My wife and I drove up a dirt road looking for a place on the beach to spend a night, but ended up spending a fantastic 5 nights at Casa Playa Maya. Bill and his trusted long serving staff were the highlight of our stay in Mexico. The accommodation was clean and the extremely friendly Bill and Lidia made us feel at home.I cannot recommend this accommodation highly enough and when visiting this part of Mexico again will definetely visit Senor Bill again.....

5 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property 5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses
5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils 5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities 5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Best Location and great owner and staff
Liked least: Leaving on our return home
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Sep 12, 2011
Well Doug we could not be more delighted to have such experienced world travelers as you and your remarkable wife, coming all the way from Cape Town South Africa compliment our humble Casa Playa Maya. Needless to say we hope to see you again.

And thanks for the wonderful meal we enjoyed together at La Nave Italian Restaurant in Tulum. Enjoy your Summer down there!

Bill, Lidia, Pedro and Bonni the Wonder Dog
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011 for a stay in March 2011
Traveling group: Other
Your age range 35-44
Jun 8, 2011
My Dear Ashley,

Thank you for such a lovely review. I hope you and your wife and family had a fine journey back to the UK and I am holding August open for you!

FYI August below the Tropic of Cancer you say? I'll MELT! Not so my friends, in fact with our constant on shore sea breezes off the Caribbean it is rather a bit COOLER here than it is in say New York City!

We did so enjoy your visit and look forward to your return and you sending me streams of UK guests as per our arrangement regarding valuable prizes.

Bill
Check in
Check out
Guests
from
$485
Night
Week
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Owner
William K
52 19841579555
Speaks English, Spanish
Listed since : May 2009
Response Rate: 70 %
Response Time: Within two days
Calendar Updated: 5 days ago
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing