“My favorite way to start my days in Tulum!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #148 of 223 Restaurants in Tulum
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert
Chicago, Illinois
“My favorite way to start my days in Tulum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

My girlfriend and I ate here every day we were in Tulum. Wandering over to Trece Lunas was a favorite morning ritual from the very first time we stepped foot there. Amanda & Carlo (the owners) were absolutely wonderful and their children were charming. The atmosphere was calm and serene and ideal for just taking in the beautiful start to days in Tulum. The coffee was delicious- much better than a place down the road that has a "coffee bar" and the food was plentiful and well priced. Oh and did I mention the freshly squeezed juices? They were DELICIOUS!

Amanda & Carlo were also very helpful in providing info on Tulum, where to go, which places wouldn't be super touristy, etc. since we were sort of "flying by the seat of our pants"

I really can't say enough positive things about this place. In fact, 24 hours ago I was sitting underneath the lush trees with a warm breeze passing at Trece Lunas, sipping coffee and I woke up today sincerely longing for my Trece Lunas morning.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Wonderful find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Loved the friendly atmosphere and the very good food.

Visited February 2011
Portland, OR
“Pretty good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Food was goodish. Amanda, the owner/manager is from Toronto- she is very friendly and speaks English, French, Spanish and (I believe) Italian.

Visited January 2012
San Francisco, California
“Great breakfast and good coffee!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

AMAZING breakfast and very drinkable coffee. Highly recommended.

Only complaint, we were the ONLY people in the restaurant and it still took over an hour to get our food...

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, Maine
“Fantastic breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

We stopped here first because we saw they had iced coffee, something hard to find in Tulum, and I had been craving it all morning. It was delicious! We came back for breakfast and when I first looked at the menu, I wasn't sure if I would like anything. I ordered a scramble with chili powder, green peppers, ham, cheese and toast. It was amazing. My boyfriend had a plate with perfectly cooked eggs, fruit, and chorizo. I will be the first to say no to sausage, I absolutely hate it. But when I saw him cut into his piece, I had to try it- it was spicy, moist and delicious.

Also I am not sure what the trick to it is, but when I put together my toast with butter and marmalade, it tasted like a creamsicle. I don't know if they use vanilla in the butter or something, but it was amazing. The atmosphere is really funky- benches and couches with hanging lights under palm trees. We did not go here for dinner but I wish we had!

It really is not expensive, for about $6-8 dollars you can get a breakfast place that includes toast and coffee in addition to whatever your main dish is. We got two huge plates, three coffees, and a muffin to go for about $18 after tip!

• Visited February 2011