“Awesome Posada” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 74 hotels in Tulum
Coatzacoalcos, Mexico
“Awesome Posada”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

My husband and I went around the Yucatan Peninsula and we had a great time in this beautiful hotel, they have everything you need for a lovely stay. The rooms are exquisite beautifully decorated. They have kitchen with appliances, dinning room, balcony with two chairs, and a great swimming pool, also they serve fresh fruit and juice, pancakes and delicious coffee with cinnamon

It is highly recommended hotel where you can really rest and ejoy.

The owner and her family are really nice and helpful people.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful all depending on the number of people. all are quite and private.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

414 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
willard, mo., usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Very nice place. Dan and David go for the extra mile to make a wonderful experience. The place is so clean you could eat on the floors. The pool is so blue and clean. Every morn we woke up with great coffee, fruit, and pancakes.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week and absolutely loved it. Its location is a few blocks off the main strip and it feels like a totally secluded garden. Since the main strip in Tulum is noisy and dirty, it was great to come back here. Amazing attention to detail: every possible place where there could be carved woodwork or tile work a flowering plant, there was one--it was lush and beautiful. Every room has a private porch, the pool is divine, the rooms were totally charming and had thoughtful details like bottled water and beach towels, and the staff were sweet and accommodating. The owner, who had great recommendations, told me that he and his wife built it over 9 years--obviously a labor of love.

I wouldn't have wanted to stay here without a car, but since we had one (especially after seeing some of the higher-ranked trip advisor places in real life--not impressive) I'm so glad we chose Posada Yum Kin. Mercifully far-removed from the spa-ritzy beach hotels and the youth-hostel party crowd on the strip.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Augustine, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

When we arrived after dark and entered the beautifully lit jungle courtyard, our son immediately exclaimed, "I love this place!" The hotel owner, Dan, happened to be in town and greeted us at the door. He was so warm and welcoming, giving us a tour of the hotel. It is easy to see the pride Dan takes in his beautiful hotel, and rightly so. Constructed in the traditional Mayan style, this eco-friendly hotel reflects great craftsmanship and attention to detail. Being Floridians, we have stayed in many well manicured, upscale resorts in the Orlando area; Posada Yum Kin blows them all away.
This is truly a hotel with personality and warmth, and was our home away from home for nearly a week. Guests begin the day with fresh fruit, coffee, pancakes, and french toast offered each morning poolside. The top most balcony offers wonderful evening breezes and stargazing to end your day.
David, the hotel manager, sees that your every need or request is fulfilled with a smile. He is truly an amazing host. Larger hotels just can not compete with the personal attention at Posada Yum Kin.
Because we live on the beach, staying at the beach was not a priority for us in Mexico. I urge everyone traveling to Tulum to consider this amazing hotel. The opportunity to experience a more "in town" and local experience while still staying at a gorgeous and peaceful resort made our vacation so memorable.
Our last night in Mexico was spent at an upscale resort hotel in Cancun due to a flight out in the morning. A single night at the resort hotel only reinforced the super choice we made in spending most of our week at Posada Yum Kin.

Room Tip: I have read some complaints about dogs barking. If you are a light sleeper, a courtyard room on the...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
New Rochelle, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My wife and I, with our 1 yrs old baby and 2 1/2 yrs toddler boy, stayed at this hotel for 16 days. We stayed in Room 2, Chaak Balam. It was a spacious room with two queen size bed. We brought our own playpen also and a tent for the boy. There was a nice kitchen with pots and pans, a stove with oven and a refrigerator large enough to hold food and drinks. We had the sink, which we needed to wash our bottles. We had a large island in the EIK where we had our morning breakfast. Next door to us, in Room 3, we had my wife's father staying with us, and he joined us in the mornings for breakfast.
The rooms were clean and in immaculate condition. They were kept that way by the staff everyday. The pool is amazing and clean and I will always remember it as the place where my son began to swim comfortably in the water. Next to the pool is the breakfast area. Each morning we were served fruits—mangoes, papaya, bananas, watermelons, cantaloupes—along with french toast, mini pancakes, toasted baguette. There was plenty of butter, marmalade, jelly along with maple syrup and honey. Coffee was plenty but my wife needed to add a little Nescafe each time to her mug—she likes it a little strong.
The staff was extremely accommodating and helpful. We celebrated my daughter's first birthday there with a pinata. They helped us hang it up and joined the party and the celebration and made us feel like we were home among friends. My wife and her father, who have a Honduran background, were able to communicate with the workers easily in spanish and had a great rapport with them. I myself had very limited spanish but that was not an issue, the site manager David, a very nice man who spoke very clear English was always there. That guy never leaves! He is amazing. He helped us find a doctor on our trip when my toddler son injured himself.
I can't say enough about the place and the folks. If I am leaving something out then I apologize but it was not an experience where I felt anything bad needs to be reported. It was wonderful. Also, there was purified water in our room, a large 20 liter water bottle with a dispenser, I guess in American standards its like the 5 gallon bottle of water. Which was very helpful and economical for us because we only used that water to wash the kids faces and their milk and water bottles out of fear of the tap water being swallowed by them and making them sick. This is a great convenience to have. when I originally visited 2 yrs ago with our then baby son, I had to keep buying water from the local supermarket.
One thing though. This place is out of the way. I rented a car from Hertz after a week because I got tired of calling the taxi. Next time I would do it from day one. It makes it very convenient. The parking is out on the street but they have a night watchmen who watches the cars like a hawk. I must say something about this man. I really liked the guy. Everytime I approached my car at night, no matter what the time, and at different occasions, he would diligently shine the light in my face to make sure it was me. I felt safe at this place and I felt my car was also very safe. You can also make a deal with a local taxi driver, which most of them offer, to be your driver for the whole time. It cost me 957 pesos a day to rent my jeep. I don't think we went out that much in town. Plus I had to pay for gas too. If you don't plan on making trips out to the ruins in the Yucatan Peninsula and don't have little kids, go with a taxi instead of a rental.

Room Tip: Go with Room . Has a very nice A/C. And a great hammock and large entertaining space on the Patio.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed over two weeks in posada yum kin with our two year old. Excellent service, nice poolside breakfast, lovely pool and a beautiful garden with fresh fruits. The people were very friendly and helpful. It's a little remote from town, but with a car that was non of a problem. If you don't have a car there are plenty cheap cabs to take you anywhere you like.

Room Tip: I guess any room will be fine, the website shows an overview of the different rooms and their sizes.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Lyon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed at Posada Yum Kin during 6 days with our 3 children (1-6 and 8 years old) and had a very good time. We had a very spacious and nice room that was cleaned every day and had a kitchen which is convenient with kids. Breakfast served at the swimming pool was delicious. Our 8 year daughter ate 6 pancakes each morning! The staff is friendly and attentive. Pool has deep side and a baby pool, very clean as well. It is a quiet place with beautiful plants, birds, hamacs, benches to relax. Nevertheless, it is better to have a car because not situated in town or on the beach. We definitely recommend!

Room Tip: We had room #1 wich is more like an appartement
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Posada Yum Kin? Share your experiences!