“Eat Sleep Love” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #63 of 250 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Coffee Shop, Vegetarian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: come enjoy our menu which we designed with you, the traveler in mind. full of global treats from mexico, asia, the middle east and the u.s.a.! great breakfasts with the best french toast with caramelized bananas, our take on huevos rancheros, freshly baked artesian seeded multi-grain breads perfect for our famous 3 tiered bacon avocado lettuce and tomato sandwich. our giant black angus burger rocks! and don't forget our 2 X 1 HAPPY HOUR daily from 5 PM - 7 PM. and our new DINNER menu filled with plates such as BLACK ANGUS RIB EYE or shrimp scampi or our tower salad with beets, goat cheese spinach, lettuce tomato. relax by our plunge pool with a tasty mojito to enjoy our rooftop chill area with a handmade margarita. check out our incredible selection of mexico's MEZCALES! come, discover and enjoy. WE LOVE YOU!
new york
“Eat Sleep Love”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you can't come to Tulum and not go to Teetotum.
I've been coming down to Tulum for years and no trip would be complete without many meals at Teetotum. I've been all over Tulum and found many good restaurants but none have held up as well -over the years- as Teetotum.
The setting is laid back and cool -I can always trust to hear some good tunes over the speakers- and the staff is nothing but friendly.
Their menu is perfectly crafted. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are dependably delicious.
I've tried many other places in town, but none have been able to compete with my morning coffee at Teetotum or my afternoon BLAT (bacon lettuce tomato avocado yummm!)
If you're coming to Tulum you can't leave without eating at Teetotum.
Say hi to Scout the dog and Richard the man. I love them both!

• Visited March 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Simply put....can't ask for more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

My wife and I went here on our honeymoon and could not have picked a better place. Just a few minute bicycle ride or super cheap cap ride (40 pesos) from awesome beaches and awesome food. Off season and on season rates are not only reasonable they are a steal for what you get. The hotel has power day and night which is perfect when it comes to hot nights, the hotels and resorts do not have power after certain times at night. Complimentary breakfast is more than enough, fresh, and served with a smile. Cody was awesome, and the owners were there every day making sure things were exactly what they are advertised.

Don't mistake this for a resort, rather a Mexican Riviera B&B. Affordable and delicious food and drinks, modern yet simplistic rooms and bottled water fresh in your room each day to brush your teeth were all very nice amenities. Mattress is firmer than most but very comfortable.

Recommend going down the street to the super market/bank first day and buying a huge bundle of bottled water/snacks. You will not get a cheaper price and each room us equipped with a Fridge.

Bottom line: my wife and I are going back, it just doesn't get any better for a get away/honeymoon/vacation. Thanks Teetotum!

new york
“Consistantly Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

I just returned to NY from my fourth visit to Tulum and my fourth time being a regular at Teetotum.
In all of my visits I have yet to have an even average meal, everything I eat and drink here is excellent. And as a tourist who speaks only a bit of Spanish it's hard to find truly great places to eat. There are definitely some new restaurants opening in Tulum since I've been going there, but I find Teetotum's consistancy to be a source of great confort and joy on my now regular trips. It may not be a place where everybody knows my name like "Cheers", but everyone is always friendly and whatever I order is always good. There are so many things on the menu I love -the burger, the skewers, the mezze plate, all the salads, and by far the best breakfast around.
One of my favorite things to do in Tulum is sit at Teetotum with an order of huevos, a cup of coffee, and some interesting locals just relaxing and passing the time. Then I ride my bike down to the beach and all is well in the world.
I tell everyone I know who visits Tulum to visit Teetotum and they have all been and loved it!!!

Jersey
“Great food on a budget!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

I was staying on the beach for the Holidays and on my way back to the beach from some site seeing I stopped into Teetotum and had a fantastic meal. I had a really fresh salad with a quesodilla and the drinks were so much cheaper than where I stayed. I went back the next day too and met some local people that hang out there. It was great. I think if I ever go back I might even stay there at the hotel. The place is super cute!
Thanks Teetotum! And thanks Emma for the great service!!

San Ramon, CA
“Best Breakfast and beyond...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

I've stayed here a few years in a row now, for many reasons, and the food is definitely one of them! The stay includes a continental breakfast. But opt to try something from the menu and you will not be disappointed! Like the stuffed french toast or breakfast burrito. Virginia is a great chef and the service is casual and always friendly.
The burger is for sure the best I have had in Tulum, or all of the Yucatan for that matter.
For dinner the hotel has beautiful ambient lighting and music to match. I recall a fantastic spinach salad followed by an spiced tuna steak w/asian slaw. yummmmmy!
Oh, GREAT coffee and fresh smoothies as well...
Thanks again Teetotum!!!