“Secluded & quiet - the perfect honeymoon destination!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
20% off room rate
Ranked #18 of 80 Hotels in Tulum
London
“Secluded & quiet - the perfect honeymoon destination!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We spent five nights at Nueva Vida de Ramiro during our honeymoon and it could not have been more perfect! Secluded, private and quiet, it was exactly what we needed to unwind and relax after a hectic wedding weekend.

We stayed in Room 30 (Suspiro), which is located in the Zona Corazon, the designated couples area at the far north end of the resort. The room was very spacious with a California king-size bed, vaulted thatched roof, enormous bathroom (with indoor and outdoor showers), and a large private balcony with lovely views of the beach. There is no air conditioning, but with a ceiling fan over the bed and another pedestal fan provided, we were comfortable. Beach towels and a beach bag were provided, as were eco-friendly, biodegradable toiletries. There was also a safe in the room and our own hammock to hang on the balcony. Each room comes with its own designated parking space near the main road, which was useful, as we had hired a car.

The resort grounds are well maintained and the beach is immaculate. Seaweed was raked off the beach everyday and the sand is clean and white. The resort provides chairs, beach beds and sun umbrellas, which are put out every morning on the beach. Compared to other resorts we saw up and down the beach, Nueva Vida de Ramiro's beach was one of the cleanest and best maintained - even during low season with not many guests around. As far as we could tell, the resort has been built in a very environmentally responsible manner. There are also guards patrolling the grounds after dark to guarantee security.

Casa Banana is the resort's restaurant and a continental breakfast of freshly baked banana bread, a fruit platter, juice and coffee was included with our room. We had dinner there one night and the food and service were very good, but we felt it was a little expensive. The restaurant is open-air and very atmospheric and we also felt well looked after when we were there.

The service was exceptional. Ricardo, the manager, and other staff were always on hand to answer our questions about activities in the area and to make recommendations. Everyone was friendly and helpful and genuinely interested in knowing what we thought of the resort and if there was anything they could do to improve our stay.

We would very highly recommend Nueva Vida de Ramiro, especially to couples looking for a place to get away from it all.

TOP TIP: There's a large supermarket on the road from Tulum pueblo to the beach resorts. You can buy a cheap cooler and ice there and keep beer and other drinks in it to take to the beach!

Room Tip: Choose a room in Zona Corazon for the most privacy. Also go with a top-floor room to get the best b...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

What can we say except....perfect. Absolutely perfect. From the time we checked in to check out not a complaint or worry. We stayed in HP #2. The views. Wow. And the breeze was wonderful. We were there during slow season and only 3 or 4 others were there. We rose with the sun, followed by a swim. Then our coffee came (casa banana). The 1 thing i would improve is the size of the coffee cup. A bigger cup would have been nice. Followed by a nap at 8 am. ;). We layed on our beach beds all day napped swam and didn't have a care in the world. Ricardo and the staff was excellent. We even got to sit with sea turtles while they hatched thier eggs. Just amazing and we will be returning in January.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Hotel Nueva Vida is a dream come true- especially after staying the previous night in Playa del Carmen (which was kind of tacky and overpopulated in comparison), the strip of beach connected to Hotel Nueva Vida will give you just that...a new leash on life! Coming late September means a few things though: low tourist season BUT more tempestuous weather. It was not uncommon to have a glorious day that was followed by early evening stormy clouds (not necessarily rain though) and wind ~ something to be aware of. However, it was still really beautiful and this part of the beach is BEAUTIFUL- white sands, perfect waves, and just completely peaceful and relaxing. You will rewind years just by spending an afternoon on the sand!

I highly recommend the Deseo Corazón suite- it's perfect for a romantical honeymoon getaway but also for friends or even for yourself! It's situated further from the reception area of the hotel and manages to be beautifully tucked away and beachfront at the same time- I basically had my own private strip of beach while staying there, and appreciated the chairs and bed w/umbrella on the sand.

The breakfast CANNOT be beat, but I'll write more about the excellent food on the Casa Banana review page!

Room Tip: #26 Deseo Corazón is beautiful with an upstairs view of the ocean
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
SF
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

To me NVR is one of the best places to stay in Tulum after having stayed there twice, once in Alma del Mar and once in Viento del Mar. The staff is very nice and accommodating. The beach is well kept and I love the beach beds. The cabanas and rooms are so Tulum. The turtle sanctuary onsite is great if you are there during hatching season. We got to put tortugitas in the ocean!

Alma del Mar has a porch to live for as another reviewer put it. The inside is very large and well kept. Viento is so great especially for the price. All the furnishings are new and the HUGE balcony make it wonderful to lounge on. The inside feels very romantic too! I would not hesitate to stay again at NVR and have even brought friends here who loved it.

The included breakfast is awesome too. It is so fresh!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
new york city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I selected NV based on the reviews here and I need to THANK YOU ALL!
I stayed in Viento (room 19) for 6 nights and where do I begin....it was just perfect.

I'll try to list all the reasons why I absolutely loved this place.
1. the wrap around balcony at Viento has 2 sitting chairs and a small table facing the ocean, and two lounge chairs on the other side facing the jungle. A magnificent view of the beach/palm trees. The breeze is amazing. Even though I traveled during the "peak season" and it was definitely hot and humid, the breeze kept me nice and cool at night.
2. The two windows on the sides of the shower makes you feel like you are showing in the jungle!
3. The staff. Unbelievable friendly and helpful staff. The first night, I asked about turtle hatching and if I can see the babies at night. George at the lobby informed me that he will let me know. Later that night around 9pm, I get a knock on the door and the security guard is ready to escort me to the shore with his flashlight. They had about 20 baby turtles in the bucket and gave me 2 babies to release to the ocean. Amazing. Carolina always had a smile on her face and willing to answer all my questions. The manager, Ricardo, was extremely helpful on the last day when I missed my shuttle to the airport. He even hopped in his car to try to catch up to the van on the beach road! Even though it was unsuccessful, I appreciated his effort!
4. The endless view of the panoramic shoreline. No words could do justice to how beautiful the beach is in Tulum. But what makes NV unique is that the property is so wide, so I felt like I was on a private property. At any given time, I saw maybe 2-3 other people on the beach and we were very spread out. On other properties, I saw lounge chairs/beds that were placed right next to each other, not providing much privacy. I LOVED this about NV.
5. Lifeguard. I saw a lifeguard at NV everyday. I walked along the beach, but NV was the only property that provided a lifeguard.
6. Security. I don't know about other properties, but there were security guards walking around the property at night with a flashlight. There is also a locked safe in the room, which I used for my expensive camera, cash and iphone.
7. The continental breakfast - simply amazing. Fresh and delicious. They make the bread right there in a brick oven and it is so warm and oh so good!

All that said, I would like to point out a few things that may be informative to others:
There are a lot of mosquitos. Take repellent. I didn't use the mosquito net to keep the breeze, so I used the coil to keep the mosquitos out. I still woke up with some bites. But I imagine this would be a problem on any other property.

If you keep the doors open on the balcony, you are bound to get little critters. Don't freak out. You are in a jungle. I had a couple of lizards and an unidentifiable insect (looked like a grasshopper?) in my room. I believe I also saw a spider.

On two occasions, I had booked a tour that required me to leave at 6am when it was still pitch dark outside. I guess they don't keep the lights on the property 24 hours, so I couldn't find my way to the lobby! I had to go back, grab my cell phone, and use the screen light to guide my way out of the jungle. So if you find yourself in a similar situation, either tell the staff the night before so they can help you, or take a flashlight :)

There is hot water, but I think there is only limited supply. I mostly took showers at night after a full day at the beach or on a tour. The water was mostly cold by then. But, on the day of my departure, I took a shower in the morning and I was surprised that I actually had HOT water!
just FYI.

From NV, the taxi fare to the centre is 90 pesos. It's a bit a lot IMO, especially if you consider round trip. There is a collectivo that runs on a schedule, which is also another option if your schedule is flexible. Not sure how much it is, but probably no more than 20 pesos. I took a collectivo from Tulum to Playa and it was only 40 pesos for an hour ride!

Overall, I was very happy at NV and I would definitely return :D

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
SF
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I was here with my family a few months ago. Absolutely beautiful I have to give them credit for that. On the negative side my cousin and I both had things stolen from our room. They staff did absolutely nothing and seemed bored that we brought it to their attention. The next night there were rats in our room and fesses every where. The staff moved us for the last night but acted as if we were a nuisance. Sorry I don't like my things stolen and rat crap on my bed and clothes. I later learned the hotel owners were not on property which makes a lot of sense for the hospitality we received. I will come back to Tulum but will never come back to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

This is the second hotel I have stayed at in Tulum and the experience was very similar. Staying near the beach is a must so you can take advantage of the ocean breeze. We actually slept with the doors thrown wide open to get the most breeze and be able to sleep without the mosquito net.

The free breakfast every day was great and their homemade bread was my favorite. I also had the chicken club sandwich while basking on their beach beds and it was amazingly good. The service was great as usual and they attended to our requests promptly and with a friendly manner.

The one bonus about this place is that they manage a turtle hatching area so we got to help the newly hatched turtles make it to the ocean safely on one of the nights. The beach area is also one of the best and there are plenty of good restaurants a short beach walk away.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Nueva Vida de Ramiro? Share your experiences!