“Nueva Vida de Ramiro was perfect!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nueva Vida de Ramiro

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tulum
Nueva Vida de Ramiro
You added Nueva Vida de Ramiro to your Saves list
Km. 8.5 | Carretera Tulum Boca Paila, Tulum, Mexico   |
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #18 of 79 Hotels in Tulum
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Francisco, California
“Nueva Vida de Ramiro was perfect!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

the people, every single person that I met there, was amazingly friendly, helpful, and not in a fake way...these are just good people!
the room was very comfortable, clean. the bed was very very comfy too...I am a bit spoiled with my own bed at home but the bed here was so comfortable that I did not miss my own bed.

the beach (that I could see from my front porch) is one of the most gorgeous and tranquil spots I have ever been to.

I would recommend Nueva Vida to anyone! and I would easily go back and stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

On our sixth trip to Tulum beach we stayed at Nueva Vida de Ramiro, and wished so much we didn't have to leave. We met a group of friends there to celebrate my birthday, and when we entered our cabana, there was a bottle of very good red wine, two glasses, and a handmade birthday card waiting for me courtesy of Nueva Vida!
The cabanas are nestled in beachfront tropical foliage, most with a view of the water. We stayed in Suspiro, one of the new buildings, which had a spacious bathroom with both indoor and outdoor shower. You can hang out on the shade on the terazza or walk a few steps to the sand to be on the beach. My daughter stayed in Pasion Marina, a smaller cabana,where I would consider staying the next time to save money. The staff at Nueva Vida couldn't be more simpatico and helpful. They were friendly, fun and efficient whenever we had questions or needed anything. They will arrange for rental bikes to be delivered directly to Nueva Vida, new fat-tire cruisers at $10/day. Everyone we ran into --the grounds keepers and house keepers were equally friendly and accommodating. This would be a perfect place for couples or families. Casa Banana, the hotel restaurant across the road serves delicious dinner, and good coffee at breakfast. We can hardly wait to go back!

Room Tip: I prefer the privacy of a second floor room. You can see photos on their website of the various cab...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Monterey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

I had my wedding here in November. I cannot say enough about the staff and the excellent service they provided. Actually I was supposed to have the ceremony in front of another restaurant on the beach, but when I got there and saw it, that part of the beach had a volleyball net, was smaller and more crowded. The beach in front of this hotel was really the best (we walked the entire length several times during our stay.) So I asked Roger at the front desk if the beach in front of our hotel was free at the time we needed it and they were more than happy to accommodate us. In fact every request we had from breakfast delivered to our ocean front deck to bringing in a generator so that I could do my hair on the wedding day was met and exceeded expectations. The breakfast that included was great, but you can order off the menu if you want something heavier like eggs or pancakes. The service is slow everywhere, but it's Mexico, the servers were very friendly and accommodating to serving the needs of vegans and gluten intolerant guests. Dinner here was excellent as well.

Having all our guests here we got to see many if the rooms. We stayed in #7 and it was heavenly waking up to the sunrise and the sound of the ocean. Our bungalow did seem to be the windiest though, at least in November. #8 next door was slightly bigger and set back and angled just a bit so the wind didn't blow the mosquito nets and they could leave the doors open. #8 (and the Casa) had a plug for charging in your room instead of the lobby. Overall each room had something that made it unique and special, for example #19 had a HUGE wrap around deck and #16 had a HUGE bathroom and was 2 stories. Even the smallest jungle rooms were super nice. There was hot water which was de-salinated which made it a little salty but I loved it. The beach area has chairs, beds, boogie boards, and kayaks to use. You will need bug spray to go to on the jungle side but in the beach front bungalows the mosquito nets were more for decor than function. We had a massage on our deck one morning, and I don't think I have ever been so relaxed in my entire life, highly recommend!

In terms of getting other places, it was easy to get taxis everywhere, they just constantly drive up and down he road. Regarding restaurants we were there a week and I can honestly say every meal was amazing, ask the front desk, but I don't think you can go wrong anywhere on the beach. There is a Walmart like store just off the beach that had just opened so if you forget anything, you will find it here. Roger recommended a dive shop up the road to take us to the cenotes, and we took cabs to the ruins. I highly recommend paying for the tour at the ruins, it was 100% worth it. We went into town once to exchange money, and it has a completely different feel than the beach area, in my opinion you aren't missing anything if you don't get there. The only other general travel tip is booking any transportation from/to/or in Cancun ahead of time, we used Cancun shuttle and they were prompt and reasonable. If you are pre-booked don't follow anyone inside the airport until you find your company, they have signs and most are outside. Trying to find someone there to take us into Cancun was a complete rip-off.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Nueva Vida is located on a little strip of sandy Heaven along a beach road about a mile from Tulum town center. It's an easy drive from Cancun airport, and a quick day trip to many sites like Chichen Itza. We stayed in #11, Amor Eterno, celebrating our anniversary with a week-long beach vacation. There are several types of accommodations here.

Our beach bungalow was very rustic (solid walls, but thatch roof, open around the top edges and wide open from the top of the front french doors to the roofline). Salt water only in the shower and sink. They provide bottled water for teeth brushing. No screens (but a mosquito net over the bed--and you'll need it--I stepped on a hornet the first morning!) and no real window shades, so you can always see the beautiful view. Literally within spitting distance of the surf. It faced East, right out to the ocean and sunrise, so count on early-morning wakeups. Two chairs and a hammock on the porch were great for relaxing in the evening. By the second evening, we had been lulled into bliss by the sound of waves and wind and palm trees rustling. (December can be chilly--take a jacket and long pants for lounging on cool evenings.)

It took some getting used to not really having any lightsource after the sun went down (a couple of light bulbs inside, but not enough to read or see yourself in a mirror, for example). We gave in to living sun-up to sun-down and enjoyed the evenings at the many wonderful restaurants along the beach road, including Casa Banana at Nueva Vida, where we had breakfast every morning, one dinner, and one lunch (try the calamari and avocado salad and the quinoa salad--they were amazing).

The staff at Nueva Vida were excellent. They set up beach chairs and mattresses for guests every morning, made great restaurant recommendations, and attended to our requests for a blanket, a cooler and ice, and champagne glasses, etc. Ricardo took great care of us. He even had the maintenance guy come the second day to replace our toilet seat (because the lid flopped down and hit the seated person in the back). They kept the place as clean as they could, given that it was essentially a cross between a tent and a cabin in the middle of jungle and sand!

I think some of the other buildings had screens in the windows and perhaps more electric light, but we didn't get a chance to look around. I would suggest to them that they install a screened window or two in the bungalows. It would have been nice to sleep with the ocean breeze coming in at bed level without fear of an intruder (hornet or other). The beach road area felt very safe (take a flashlight, and you can walk up and down the beach or the beach road to dinner every night), and there were security guards, but we just didn't feel right sleeping with our doors wide open at night.

You might get a better deal at this off-peak time of year by simply showing up and walking the beach road, telling managers what you're willing to pay. We saw people doing it, and they were successful.

All in all, a great value, and a romantic (if rustic) experience. I will add photos when time allows.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

Having just come back from what is dubbed one of the best rated hotels in Punta Cana, DR - I felt very compelled to write a review about this hotel.

My husband and I stayed here in May of 2011 and cannot wait to go back! The beach was absolutely amazing - out of every caribbean island, the beaches of greece, spain, israel I have been to...this is by far the best. The white sandy beach is pristine and clean, expansive, and the ocean water is turquoise and clear as can be.

We stayed in the a second floor room right on the beach, considered the "king of the beach" and it certainly was. It had a huge wrap around deck which was amazing to just sit and watch the waves, have breakfast which they would bring to your room upon request, and people watch. The deck was so big, we both got massages together on it. I was definatley worried that it was a bit eco for my taste, there wasnt any A/C, but it was ok as the ocean breeze really cooled the place down.

The staff was fantastic - very nice and helpful. The food was always fresh, healthy and excellent. They will bring anything to your room at no additional charge and serve on the beach as well.

I would recommend renting a car as there is so much to do in the area. We went snorkeling in Akumal, went to the Mayan Ruins, drove into town one evening, went swimming in the caves, and spent some time at Solomon Bay.

Our experience was so good, I would go back to Tulum without hesitation. All in all, it was a magnificent experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the beach - the bugs are less prevelant there as you are furhter away from the ...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Aspen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

This was a destination wedding for a very good friend and we were in a group of 12 total by the wedding day. I'd never been to Mexico, and by the end of the trip I felt like I had the full experience! The hotel is part of the scenery with the bungalows situated along the beach and in the jungle. Our bungalow, Pajaro Azul, was virtually a 2 floor home with a deck and balcony, many windows, a big comfy bed with mosquito net, and a huge open bathroom. I'd definitely go back! The whole week was filled with amazing food, relaxation, and good times with friends. What a dream. The breakfasts at Casa Banana were delicious and we definitely got used to the slow pace of life (had to!). The taxis were plentiful and it was possible to get everywhere you wanted with them for a price. (ie. 90 pesos to the ruins, etc) The waiters and drivers did not speak much English, and I'd probably try to learn more before the next trip. Also, change more money into pesos than you think, things are more expensive than I thought they'd be, and you get better deals if you use pesos. The beach is amazing, and the weather was great. A few quick tropical rainstorms but nothing big. Fun beach to play in the water! I couldn't believe the quality of the food and the variety as well. Our large group dinners sometimes seemed to overwhelm the waitstaff (not used to American tourists perhaps :)) but all went well and ended with smiles. I debated writing this review because I'd rather keep this part of the world the way it is forever! Oh yeah, don't worry about the lack of electricity - the rooms have hard wired lamps/fans and some houses have plugs and there is a computer with Internet and charging station in the (open air!) lobby, if you need that sort of thing. Don't expect to make calls though!

• Stayed November 2011
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

My friend and I stayed here for 8 days and can't find the words to describe how amazing this place is! It's family run and operated and it shows. The staff were beyond wonderful, warm, welcoming, friendly and kind. There's a happy vibe here and it's genuine. Ricardo and Rodger are amazing people with wonderful spirits. Ricardo went above and beyond to help us when we had a major problem with a car rental company. All in all we felt like family and we will be back! I personally have stayed at another hotel in Tulum and although it was also excellent, it didn't have the same vibe. I now feel as though I am part of the family and next time I come back I will be coming home. The room was beautiful, the beach is amazing and the service is unbeatable. From the reception to the girls cleaning the rooms to the guys setting up the beach, unbeatable service. Best place in Tulum!! Hands down. Big 5 star!! With love from Geri and Fridel. Nos encanto la nueva Vidal,escuchar las historians de la familia. Nos enamoramos de La nueva Vida.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Nueva Vida de Ramiro? Share your experiences!