Stayed in this hotel with my husband from 8th - 22nd September and it was fantastic.
The hotel is made up of two hotels (the sunset and the riveria) and don't believe the bad reviews as it is lovely.
The only problem we had the whole fortnight was the check-in as this took ages, but each check-in takes about 10 mins and they had 6 people on the desks so you just have to suck it up as they can't check in any more people as they only have room for 6 on the desks.
We were lucky enough to be upgraded to the adult only section which was lovely with a walk-in closet and a view of the pool, but went into every pool and to the beach, there was no problem getting a sunbed anywhere, and we stayed during mexican indepenance and the hotel was really busy.
I do recommend spending a day on the chill out beach ($14 per person)
All the staff are excellent, your glasses of water / beer during dinner was never empty and we found all the staff were friendly and all stopped work to say hello to us.
The grounds are fantastic and so beautiful and well maintained.
There are lots of animals round the resorts too which are great to spot, Coaties, Racoons, Iganias (excuse the spelling!) and they hotel staff have residents photographers who take your pictures and you don't have to buy them so give them a go, when else are you going to get your photo taken on the beach at sunset!
I do think some people just like complaining, My husband and I ended up laughing at the complaints some people had - I seriously heard one women complaining that she had two jacuzzis in her room, OH MY GOD 2 JAQUZZIS HOWEVER DID YOU SLEEP, another family complained that they only has one shower between 4 people!! I had only 1 shower growning up in a house of four and never complained (Guess you can't please everyone!)
The maid service does start early, but if you put the do not disturb on your door they will leave your room until you are ready.
All the resturants are scrummy and the drinks are great - recommend the MISO to eat and the Iceberg and Dirty Monkey drinks.
As the floors are marble they do get slippy so take shoes with a grip on them.
I can not recommend this hotel enough and am now saving to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This All Inclusive Resort is located in the stunning Riviera Maya. The hotel is perfect for an unforgettable vacation thanks to its magnificent surroundings. The style of the hotel's architecture blends in with and respects the environment. The interior decor and ample functional outdoor spaces provide the setting for a fantastic vacation.The hotel features VIP areas, such as the Platinum Suites and the Laguna Romance Villas. They are privately located and offer exclusive services, including two Platinum lounges serving continental breakfasts, aperitifs, and premium drinks, along with a concierge, 24-hour room service, a private pool with waiters, and a water circuit in the spa.Grand Sunset Princess Hotel has seven restaurants specializing in food from a wide range of cultures, including Asian, Latin American, Mediterranean, and European. Each restaurant has its own unique feel and a few of them are located directly by the sea.After crossing the spacious lobby, you'll come to the Grand Sunset Princess, located near Playa del Carmen. The hotel features a total of twelve sparkling pools and some have an adjoining Jacuzzi. There are more than thirty specialty restaurants and bars, a lounge and a beautiful beach facing the majestic Caribbean ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com so you can book your Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Sunset Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Sunset Princess Hotel
- Grand Sunset Princess Review
- Grand Sunset Princess Mexico
- Grand Sunset Princess Resort
- Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico