We went to the Grand Sunset Princess for two weeks in March 2013 with our two sons (4 year old and 10 months). Wonderful Resort. Very well maintained. Everything is clean and perfect (landscape, rooms, restaurants,beach,). Rooms are spacious and modern. (We had a deluxe junior suite) in bloc 2000 (good situation because in the middle of the resort but noisy in the afternoon since our balcony were in front of the main pool). If you have young children, I recommand to ask a room with the view facing outside the hotel.
The employees are very helpful. We had excellent services, especially at the Sunset snack where we had our breakfeast and lunch most of the time. A very special mention to Carmela and Jorge who were very helpful, polite and always smiling. They were very kind and attentive to our two little boys. We are going to miss them.
The beach is beautiful and clean. However, the sea is a bit rocky near the beach, but nothing to prevent swimming (unless you have mobility problems). The services on the beach is good. Vendors are not harrassing at all.
It is good to know that there are many différent sections on the beach. A large section is reserved for platinum. An other is reserved for adults only. So, if you are travelling with children, your option are reduced. We found a good place on the Riviera side where our kids could play in the shade. Also, we went at the Chill out that is beautiful (additional costs).
Pools and Jacuzzi are incredible; a lot of place for young children. We didn't try the kids club.
Buffet are good; quality and freshness of the food. However, variety of food could be a bit better. I had a better experience, as an example, in a Riu hotel (Riu Tequila few years ago).
Restaurants a la carte are very good. We tried French, Italien, Seafood and steakhouse. Always a good experience.
It is true that the resort is very very large. Personnally, I like it. We had a wondeful time at thios resort and we recommand it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This All Inclusive Resort is located in the stunning Riviera Maya. The hotel is perfect for an unforgettable vacation thanks to its magnificent surroundings. The style of the hotel's architecture blends in with and respects the environment. The interior decor and ample functional outdoor spaces provide the setting for a fantastic vacation.The hotel features VIP areas, such as the Platinum Suites and the Laguna Romance Villas. They are privately located and offer exclusive services, including two Platinum lounges serving continental breakfasts, aperitifs, and premium drinks, along with a concierge, 24-hour room service, a private pool with waiters, and a water circuit in the spa.Grand Sunset Princess Hotel has seven restaurants specializing in food from a wide range of cultures, including Asian, Latin American, Mediterranean, and European. Each restaurant has its own unique feel and a few of them are located directly by the sea.After crossing the spacious lobby, you'll come to the Grand Sunset Princess, located near Playa del Carmen. The hotel features a total of twelve sparkling pools and some have an adjoining Jacuzzi. There are more than thirty specialty restaurants and bars, a lounge and a beautiful beach facing the majestic Caribbean ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com so you can book your Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Sunset Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Sunset Princess Hotel
- Grand Sunset Princess Review
- Grand Sunset Princess Mexico
- Grand Sunset Princess Resort
- Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico