My boyfriend and I traveled here from February 18th 2013 to February 25th 2013 and it was amazing! The service is great, food is excellent, beach is beautiful and the pools are awesome. We got a free upgrade on our room so instead of the junior suite we got a deluxe junior and it was amazing!
The only thing we had trouble with was when we first arrived, some bell boys at the front offered to take our luggage and said to just call from our room when we needed it. we had to call 3 times and wait over an hour to receive our bags to our room so i would suggest maybe just taking your own luggage.
the a la carte restaurants are phenomenal. We tried Meixcan, the Grill, Italian, Swiss and the Japanese cooking show and they were all amazing. However you have to make reservations a day ahead of time and bookings start at 2pm so get there early to get a good spot in line (sometimes we waited an hour in line). but if you don't want the a la carte, the buffet is also really good, there are different foods every night and its all delicious. the sports bar is always open and the food there is really good too.
the beach is wonderful! there are rocks in the water like other reviewers said, BUT all you have to do is find a patch without rocks and the water and sand is amazing and so warm! the service is really good and the staff is always smiling and saying hello. they are so hardworking always doing landscaping and other things to keep the grounds immaculate.
the entertainment pool was the one we always went to as it was right in front of our room and the music and games were a lot of fun. but if you like a more relaxing setting there are pools without music and games and they are nice to lay by. HOWEVER make sure you get up super early to reserve chairs by the pool! (and the beach) my boyfriend was up at 6 every day to go put our towels on chairs because by 8 or 9 they are all reserved.
the cement does get slippery when wet so be careful walking but the staff is always out and about squeeging away the water as much as they can.
the theatre performances were amazing and so entertaining. They are only an hour long but its the same people performing for that hour so i wouldn't expect them to go much longer.
As for excursions off the resort we made one from the guys on the beach (hesitant at first) but it turned out wonderful! the day we were supposed to go we couldn't because my boyfriend was sick and they came the next day no problem and no fuss. but you can also book trips in the lobby through sunwing and other agencies. (we went to the caves underground and it was amazing! highly recommended)
overall i would HIGHLY RECCOMMEND this resort! it is beautiful, staff and service are wonderful and the food is amazing. it was our first time in mexico and i will definitely go back.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Sunset Princess All Hotel
- Grand Sunset Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Sunset Princess Hotel
- Grand Sunset Princess
- Grand Sunset Princess Review
- Grand Sunset Princess Mexico
- Grand Sunset Princess Resort
- Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This All Inclusive Resort is located in the stunning Riviera Maya. The hotel is perfect for an unforgettable vacation thanks to its magnificent surroundings. The style of the hotel's architecture blends in with and respects the environment. The interior decor and ample functional outdoor spaces provide the setting for a fantastic vacation.The hotel features VIP areas, such as the Platinum Suites and the Laguna Romance Villas. They are privately located and offer exclusive services, including two Platinum lounges serving continental breakfasts, aperitifs, and premium drinks, along with a concierge, 24-hour room service, a private pool with waiters, and a water circuit in the spa.Grand Sunset Princess Hotel has seven restaurants specializing in food from a wide range of cultures, including Asian, Latin American, Mediterranean, and European. Each restaurant has its own unique feel and a few of them are located directly by the sea.After crossing the spacious lobby, you'll come to the Grand Sunset Princess, located near Playa del Carmen. The hotel features a total of twelve sparkling pools and some have an adjoining Jacuzzi. There are more than thirty specialty restaurants and bars, a lounge and a beautiful beach facing the majestic Caribbean ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com so you can book your Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.