A large group of us went for a wedding. Food was good, and I appreciated the bar on the beach with food right there. Hamburgers (meh) good hotdogs and nachos, and either fresh tacos or an amazing jambalaya dish prepared fresh on the beach.
Stayed in a swim up room which was beautiful. you can't get to any of the swim up bars from the room pools, but that's probably for the best. my dad stayed in the platinum suites which were lovely but access to the pool was awkward.
Buffets were good. Most dinners had a theme, the Mexican night was my favourite.
Downsides: the shuttle service within the resort sucked big time. They said it came every 15 minutes - total lie. Twice it broke down (once when my dad was coming for the wedding reception and he ended up trying to push it. made them late for the start of dinner) The sports bar snack food was icky, but it helps soak up the quantity of booze at 1 am
spa was lovely. went for pedicure - they don't tell you but if you show up early with your swimsuit you can enjoy the spa pool, which is warm and has all sorts of massaging waterfalls.
beach area is great. always room under shade, and nice lounge chairs. water is a bit rocky and some sand. we took water shoes - which saved us.
also, the shuttle into playa del carmen sucks. only goes a few times a day, you have to book a day ahead. And it's so far away from the main highway you can't walk out and get a collectivo . cab into playa was 8.
If you're going here though: pack your own snack food. when we got there we had the munchies and just wanted to snack in room and not eat at buffet right away. they were selling bags of lays potato chips for 12 buck american apiece. that is messed up pricing. So: put a couple cans of pringles and some m and m's in your suitcase because those prices are criminal.
our bed was harder than s*&^ too. not comfortable at all
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com so you can book your Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Sunset Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Sunset Princess Hotel
- Grand Sunset Princess Review
- Grand Sunset Princess Mexico
- Grand Sunset Princess Resort
- Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico