Just returned from an 8 day stay at this hotel complex and for us, the negative comments in some reviews previously prompts us too say how terribly unfortunate you must have been.
The room (we stayed in the junior suite....bottom of the accommodation rung) was more than adequate and found it to be very spacious with everything just as it said on the can label. The balcony overlooked the jungle, facing West (great sunsets) with a table and two rattan chairs. There was no bath but the walk in wet room was terrific with a great shower, his and hers sinks and a hair drier. The mini bar was restocked every day as were the towels and the sheets every second day.
The resort itself is huge by British standards and takes about 15 mins easy walking from the beach to the main facilities of the buffets, bar, shops and sports bar. There is a transport system which runs approx. every 10-15 minutes which will drop off or pick up at any stage upon its route from the beach to the main reception areas. The transport to Playa del Carmen however must be booked before 11.00am for the following day so don't leave it 'till the last few days of you holiday as you may well be disappointed due to its popularity.
The themed restaurants can be booked up to 3 days in advance but we found the buffets to be excellent in their own different themed evening each night with a great choice of differing foods and of course you can eat as much as you like. Bear in mind though that this is not fine dining but catering on a mass basis. That said, we didn't experience one meal that we wouldn't have been happy to pay for in any restaurant we have been to. There are two further buffets near the beach plus on the beach itself there is a bar and cook shack which serves hot dogs, hamburgers and a further different dish each day cooked on a huge paella pan.
The beach is planted with coconut trees to provide shade plus there are rush covered umbrellas also. We were told at reception that the resort was 90-95% full but there was more than adequate beach beds to flop down on. To gain access to the beach there is a small bridge over a swampy area in which lives a small crocodile whilst on the beach there are coaties (a small 4 legged bushy coated animal) scavaging for left overs.
The staff have been commented upon so much in previous reviews and we must say, they were absolutely wonderful. Nothing was too much trouble for them as they genuinely want you to return again. Tipping is entirely up to yourself and doesn't make one iota of difference to the service but if you wish, have a roll of single dollar bills as I am certain you will want to give them a few bob as they are so good. They are all Mexican as well so you really get the feeling of being in Mexico, not just another resort with an eclectic mix of staff from all over the world.
We can honestly say that this is the very best example of all inclusive holidays one could wish for so go ahead and book with confidence and we hope you get as much out of it as we did.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sunset Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Sunset Princess All Hotel
- Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Sunset Princess Hotel
- Grand Sunset Princess
- Grand Sunset Princess Review
- Grand Sunset Princess Mexico
- Grand Sunset Princess Resort
- Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This All Inclusive Resort is located in the stunning Riviera Maya. The hotel is perfect for an unforgettable vacation thanks to its magnificent surroundings. The style of the hotel's architecture blends in with and respects the environment. The interior decor and ample functional outdoor spaces provide the setting for a fantastic vacation.The hotel features VIP areas, such as the Platinum Suites and the Laguna Romance Villas. They are privately located and offer exclusive services, including two Platinum lounges serving continental breakfasts, aperitifs, and premium drinks, along with a concierge, 24-hour room service, a private pool with waiters, and a water circuit in the spa.Grand Sunset Princess Hotel has seven restaurants specializing in food from a wide range of cultures, including Asian, Latin American, Mediterranean, and European. Each restaurant has its own unique feel and a few of them are located directly by the sea.After crossing the spacious lobby, you'll come to the Grand Sunset Princess, located near Playa del Carmen. The hotel features a total of twelve sparkling pools and some have an adjoining Jacuzzi. There are more than thirty specialty restaurants and bars, a lounge and a beautiful beach facing the majestic Caribbean ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Olotels and BookIt.com so you can book your Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.