We recently got married here at the Grand Sunset Princess, and it truly turned out to be the wedding of our dreams. We had a group of about 46 people come with us and there were no complaints about the resort at all! Some people in the group had asked to be upgraded for their rooms, and the resort did everything they could to accommodate this.
We stayed in the Platinum room and for the small extra charge I would highly suggest it. Free wifi, free room service are just a few things you can take advantage of here. As well as access to the private beach area only for Platinum guests, which is a nice change from the public beach. Friends of ours stayed in the swim up rooms which were also very nice! But they had a ton of noise at night most nights. People slamming doors etc. At the Platinum area, there are security guards who patrol the area, anyone who is not Platinum is not allowed in that area. It was nice a quiet all of the time.
The food was very good here, the French restaurant was not our favorite, we really did not enjoy it. But the Japanese restaurant was excellent! Best spring rolls I've ever had! I also heard the Italian restaurant was very good as well! Even the buffet food was very good! One of the best buffets I've had. Tons of variety all the time.
The grounds were always nice and clean and the staff were extremely friendly.
The wedding itself was incredible. We were married at the Chill Out area which was nice and private and the wedding coordinators just go above and beyond to make your day perfect. If anyone is looking to get married here, I highly suggest the Chill Out area. You are paying a bit more but you are getting a gorgeous location. All of our guests commented to us that it was one of the most beautiful weddings they've been to. And best party :)
The resort is quite large. It took about 15-20 minutes to walk from the Platinum area to the main lobby. Most nights it was a nice walk but for those nights when you are too tired there are trolley's that run every 15 minutes or so that go from one end of the resort to the other.
Tons of different pools to choose from... from quiet pools, to the loud party pools which is nice to be able to choose depending on your mood.
The massages on the beach were extremely over priced. If you walk down the beach about 10 minutes you can find some smaller vendors who were charging $50 per couple for an hour massage with hot stones! If you are looking to do massages, take a walk down the beach. You will save yourself a ton of money and it's literally the best massage you'll ever get.
We would absolutely come to this resort again. Highly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This All Inclusive Resort is located in the stunning Riviera Maya. The hotel is perfect for an unforgettable vacation thanks to its magnificent surroundings. The style of the hotel's architecture blends in with and respects the environment. The interior decor and ample functional outdoor spaces provide the setting for a fantastic vacation.The hotel features VIP areas, such as the Platinum Suites and the Laguna Romance Villas. They are privately located and offer exclusive services, including two Platinum lounges serving continental breakfasts, aperitifs, and premium drinks, along with a concierge, 24-hour room service, a private pool with waiters, and a water circuit in the spa.Grand Sunset Princess Hotel has seven restaurants specializing in food from a wide range of cultures, including Asian, Latin American, Mediterranean, and European. Each restaurant has its own unique feel and a few of them are located directly by the sea.After crossing the spacious lobby, you'll come to the Grand Sunset Princess, located near Playa del Carmen. The hotel features a total of twelve sparkling pools and some have an adjoining Jacuzzi. There are more than thirty specialty restaurants and bars, a lounge and a beautiful beach facing the majestic Caribbean ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com so you can book your Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Sunset Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Sunset Princess Hotel
- Grand Sunset Princess Review
- Grand Sunset Princess Mexico
- Grand Sunset Princess Resort
- Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico