My husband and I were there to celebrate our 20th anniversary. The resort is immaculate, they were working 24 hrs a day to clean and maintain it. The marble floors are so beautiful. It rained while we were there and yes, it is slippery when it is wet, but i did not find these were worse than any other type of floor. You should take care when your feet and/or the floors are wet. We stayed in the villa lagunas, room 9112 and I have no complaints about the room or the bed.the shower was amazing! Wish I could have one of those in Canada! When we arrived there were 3 pints of alcohol in our room as well as some fruit, and a princess reusable bag, along with a note from the conceirge telling us they had made reservations for us at 3 restaurants with the dates and the times. That was really nice not having to wait in line to book our restaurants. ( Miso, steak house, and Mexican) The steak house was the best.
We booked the steakhouse for our anniversary as well. the steak and ribs were great. We ate at the buffet only on Friday night for supper and it was seafood night, lucky me! Clams, mussels, shrimp they were all delicious. The staff were friendly i only tip when I receive good service and I tipped quite a bit. I refuse to tip to get good service. The alcohol was probably watered down a bit, but they are free, so just ask for a double if this is a problem for you.The snack bar at the beach has the best ever paella! Don't miss out on it! The beach itself was okay, not as nice as the beaches I have been to in Cuba though. When you first go into the water it is a bit murky looking and does smell a little (not like human feces that I read in one review) however, if you walk out further (not deeper, just further as you can walk out quite a long way) the water is crystal clear and has no smell. I guess the only real complaint I have about this resort is that the sports bar (the 24 hour one) was soo cold, they had their a/c on way to high. the last comment I have to say is that yes this is a big resort, but it is beautiful. As another reviewer said, we can all use a little walk to burn off some extra calories. If you are really lazy you can take a shuttle down to the beach, but you are missing out on beautiful sights and scenery.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This All Inclusive Resort is located in the stunning Riviera Maya. The hotel is perfect for an unforgettable vacation thanks to its magnificent surroundings. The style of the hotel's architecture blends in with and respects the environment. The interior decor and ample functional outdoor spaces provide the setting for a fantastic vacation.The hotel features VIP areas, such as the Platinum Suites and the Laguna Romance Villas. They are privately located and offer exclusive services, including two Platinum lounges serving continental breakfasts, aperitifs, and premium drinks, along with a concierge, 24-hour room service, a private pool with waiters, and a water circuit in the spa.Grand Sunset Princess Hotel has seven restaurants specializing in food from a wide range of cultures, including Asian, Latin American, Mediterranean, and European. Each restaurant has its own unique feel and a few of them are located directly by the sea.After crossing the spacious lobby, you'll come to the Grand Sunset Princess, located near Playa del Carmen. The hotel features a total of twelve sparkling pools and some have an adjoining Jacuzzi. There are more than thirty specialty restaurants and bars, a lounge and a beautiful beach facing the majestic Caribbean ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com so you can book your Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Sunset Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Sunset Princess Hotel
- Grand Sunset Princess Review
- Grand Sunset Princess Mexico
- Grand Sunset Princess Resort
- Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico